Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Dragonball question

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGray

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
While looking at lycos 50 I noticed Dragonball was the #1 search.

Out of curiousity I checked out some of the sites and many of them are developed but almost all of them seem to be owned by different people or organizations.

Does anyone know what is up with this?

How can all these people/organizations have websites using the name

Dragonball or DragonballZ

without running into problems?

I'm confused.

Domain Summit 2024

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They don't run into problems until the relevant copyright and/or trademark owner wants to provide them with problems.

Let's say you are a TM owner, and you are disturbed with widespread use of your TM by third parties. You have to decide when, how, and who you are going to "make an example" of, and whether the third party uses are contributing to your revenue or taking away from your revenue.

Sometimes these decisions are made on a rational case-by-case basis by the TM owner. Sometimes the TM owner has a deal with a law firm where they pay X dollars per year for trademark enforcement, and the lawyers decide who to go after, but they for sure want to spend every dollar in the budget. You'll notice, for example, that Ralph Lauren has a really goofy record of going after anything with the word "polo" in it, and that they have a pretty consistent record of losing. They don't care, they don't have to, they have money to spend before the end of the fiscal year.

BGray

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ok. That makes sense. Thanks!

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by mbg0050
While looking at lycos 50 I noticed Dragonball was the #1 search.

Out of curiousity I checked out some of the sites and many of them are developed but almost all of them seem to be owned by different people or organizations.

Does anyone know what is up with this?

How can all these people/organizations have websites using the name

Dragonball or DragonballZ

without running into problems?

I'm confused.

mg ..you mean like ..

http://dragonballs.biz ?

I put that up nearly a year ago..

but ONLY after a similiar search that you did and realized that they were ALLOWING other people to use "dragonball" to PROMOTE (all licensed products..meaning they get paid for everything that gets sold) their products for them..

I suppose as Jerry said they could at anytime try and make an example ..BUT why would they cut of hundreds (thousands)of revenues sources that they have no expense in ..free advertising..!

oohdale

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am doing fine, thanks for asking. Did you get your cut from Art.com for my sales yet/ Nice name the ozarks one I mean.Right now I am busy changing all my whole html pages from you know who to Linkshare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom