Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Dropped out of College to Domain instead

Status
Not open for further replies.

socalboy

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree 120% with Acroplex (and others) on this one. Stay in school, no need to drop out for domains, you're actually more credible with the degree.

SoCalBoy

Downloads

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just going to ditto what everyone else had said really.

Even domainers can go bankrupt and if that happens, all you will have left to fall back on is your education/work experience. If you've never got a decent education and you haven't entered the workplace before, then you are going to have zero attractiveness to potential employers in the future. So you could find yourself living on benefits in the future (especially if you don't pick your domains well).

Like everyone else says too, get a job and use that income to purchase domain names. I personally have a pretty good job that makes me comfortable, i'm using some of my income on the domains which could potentially turn very comfortable into very rich!

If you are intent on dropping out then i would make sure you have some good web skills. Selling domains won't provide a regular income once a month, so you will need to make sure you get a regular monthly income from websites/PPC. There is another problem though, you need money to buy high traffic names unless you happen to stumble upon one.

Good luck with whatever you decide though and before you buy any more domains spend a couple of weeks just watching, feel out the market before you spend what capital you have as without a job you might have to make it last.

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Probably the only thread with complete agreement. I agree as well, with all previous mentioned.

gingeman

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Unless you got $xx,xxx to invest, and are more experienced than you appear to be (premium lllll.coms are not the way to go), you should definitely go back and finish your degree. I stayed in uni and finished off my degree even though I hated every second of it after the first year. I don't even use it in my current job, but the experience and confidence it gave me is enough on its own, and I call upon knowledge I learnt there every day. Being surrounded by enthusiatic academic students is priceless experience in itself.

Whilst you are there, you should spend a lot more time on the forums, READING only. Many people will offer opinions on things, take it all in, but learn to give more weight to the opinions of those who are making a success of it. You should really have spent hours and hour and hours before making your first purchase.

Finally, learn some development skills as this is where you will be able to make money when the time comes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators