Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Easiest most flexible CMS to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I got tired of drupal and still inseacr of cms for dummies but still want bells and whistles.

I want a page with all the features of birds.com and scotland.com, if someone can deliver same, I would consider hiring you to develop out 10,000 sites.

-=DCG=-

BGray

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm telling you expressionengine is the way to go. They have a quicky growing user and development base that can do what you need.

Ubiquitous

Since 1997
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I got tired of drupal and still inseacr of cms for dummies but still want bells and whistles.

I want a page with all the features of birds.com and scotland.com, if someone can deliver same, I would consider hiring you to develop out 10,000 sites.

-=DCG=-

I could develop something like that for you and I sent you a PM ...

How would you be handling the forum aspect of 10,000 sites? It might be a little costly to buy 10k vBulletin licenses, although they might give you a price break when you purchase that many (I would hope).

~ Regards

DNabc

Web Investor & Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
To manage 10,000 sites you need a way to update them all at the same time, when vulnerabilities appear, or you'll be in trouble...

You can use a special script to handle multiple wordpress installations, or just use a multi-domain script, like Nucleus

Nucleus may be what you are looking for...
Believe me, I've thought much about this. To centralize and manage my shopping carts & affiliate programs I chose a script that costs around $5,000 , and it's not even for sale right now, to take care of existing customers.

To take care of my hundreds of sites I think I'll choose Nucleus. Free and good quality multi-cms.

P.S. I've tested almost all CMS that are around, and even considered one being sold for $1000 up to yesterday, no longer available too.

unholy1

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
. To centralize and manage my shopping carts & affiliate programs I chose a script that costs around $5,000 , and it's not even for sale right now, to take care of existing customers.

P.S. I've tested almost all CMS that are around, and even considered one being sold for $1000 up to yesterday, no longer available too.

CMSInfusion...I would guess?

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ok, I have looked at most systems people have recommended and feel more confused that before ;) so many choices...

Anyways, Is there anyone that wants to get paid to develop these out for me, i am open to that. We can start with 1-5 at a time.

-=DCG=-

DNabc

Web Investor & Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yep, CMSInfusion. It still has to grow a bit. We know that a CMS take years to perfect and debug, but their idea is strong. With the new price raise I don't know how they will market it, though.

Regarding the forums, why not having a central forum, with many subforums, to which each domain would link? Is it really necessary to have a physical forum installed?

As for the CMS itself, do you know what I've been doing? Using blogger hosted. A nice template can do a nice job, and no need to update dozens or hundreds of script installations.

unholy1

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Anyways, Is there anyone that wants to get paid to develop these out for me, i am open to that. We can start with 1-5 at a time.

-=DCG=-

Want it custom and to your liking (in terms of look feel, manageability,etc..), put up an add on scriptlance and rentacoder, most of the talented free lance coders hang out there.

Yep, CMSInfusion. It still has to grow a bit. We know that a CMS take years to perfect and debug, but their idea is strong. With the new price raise I don't know how they will market it, though.

They managed to get 1550 or so to purchase the their script at $997 and some probably paying $1041 with their 3 month easy payment option...
That's $1.5Mil in just a week of sales... minus probably 500K for the affiliate payments...still a cool 1mil..
I don't think they'll be in too much of a hurry to market it heavily in the next few months, besides they'll get their customers to do the marketing through affiliate sales...

DNabc

Web Investor & Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Anyways, Is there anyone that wants to get paid to develop these out for me?

Can you please send more info? Not for me, but I could pass this to someone trustable (not easy though).
What would the work consist? Installation of the script, redesign, inserting content, plugin installation? Any management afterwards? How much for site? Any backend profits, or just a $x per site?

If choosing on Rentacoder or Scriptlance, try with 1 or 2 sites first, per coder. I have found many lazy people there. They promise anything, and end up disappearing.
They just make me loose time closing the project, and having my money return and staying there in my account... still have money at RAC...

As to CMSInfusion, I think they spent a bigger % on affiliate commissions. In fact, most people should have used an affiliate link. There were lots of cool bonuses everywhere. I didn't offer mine, because I wasn't an affiliate :)

Even so, whenever their cut was, it was an excellent income for such a script. Nothing like the IM market. I started there 5 years ago, but then moved to the domain business. To be honest, I regret it. I could be a "guru" by now.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If choosing on Rentacoder or Scriptlance, try with 1 or 2 sites first, per coder. I have found many lazy people there. They promise anything, and end up disappearing.
They just make me loose time closing the project, and having my money return and staying there in my account... still have money at RAC...
I could not agree more. That is why I ended up learning Joomla and re-doing the site myself.

No matter what description and content and directions I posted, within less than 2 minutes I perhaps had 10 bids, not a single one of them read the terms or even viewed the existing site. Bids ranged from $750-$2500. Even though I put NO FLASH INTRO one person directed me to their flash portfolio.

Also, you will find many wanting to sell you on a slick looking site that is nothing more than a template you can get for free or a $29.00 download. One bidder's portfolio had nothing but downloadable templates with bogus site names. When I emailed him back along with links to each one of his sites template download site he never got back with me. Of course, he also had a very low user rating. So do check user/satifaction rating.

No offense to anyone, but stay clear of the "we speek very good englisch" bunch.

You may find yourself spending an exceptionally lengthy amount of time wasted on re-hashing the same thing over and over.

Of all the respondents and bids (perhaps 25) I narrowed it down to 3. The one I ultimately settled on and agreed to terms with never got back with me.

Thus led me to the sites DNForum and NP to inquire what was the best to use to redo my site. I ended up with Joomla.

Good luck.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I could not agree more. That is why I ended up learning Joomla and re-doing the site myself.

No matter what description and content and directions I posted, within less than 2 minutes I perhaps had 10 bids, not a single one of them read the terms or even viewed the existing site. Bids ranged from $750-$2500. Even though I put NO FLASH INTRO one person directed me to their flash portfolio.

Also, you will find many wanting to sell you on a slick looking site that is nothing more than a template you can get for free or a $29.00 download. One bidder's portfolio had nothing but downloadable templates with bogus site names. When I emailed him back along with links to each one of his sites template download site he never got back with me. Of course, he also had a very low user rating. So do check user/satifaction rating.

No offense to anyone, but stay clear of the "we speek very good englisch" bunch.

You may find yourself spending an exceptionally lengthy amount of time wasted on re-hashing the same thing over and over.

Of all the respondents and bids (perhaps 25) I narrowed it down to 3. The one I ultimately settled on and agreed to terms with never got back with me.

Thus led me to the sites DNForum and NP to inquire what was the best to use to redo my site. I ended up with Joomla.

Good luck.
Says it all. Read and inwardly digest.

unholy1

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Adam,

My suggestion would be to put out a competition on this.

Ask them build a CMS based site on subdomains on one of your lowest traffic names. (one subdomain per member on a niche of their choice)
Give them 20-30MB of hosting space.
In addition to being allowed to use thier own aff links, adsense etc. require them to add a DNF banner or ad somewhere in the page.
After 3-4 weeks close the competion and review each site built.

Choose the one(s) you like the best based on your criteria.

The winner gets the Exclusive contract to build your sites based whatever payment terms you and the winner agree on....

In the end you get

1. traffic to the domain name you used for this competition
2. have choices who you think have the best ideas/talent..a short list of people who can do future projects...
3. have other options if your first choice doen't pan out
4. probably get the CMS type site you are looking for....

All you really need to do is think about the logistics and criterias for the competition.

Everyone who decides to join in the end gets to learn something and perhaps have fun in the process.

I would agree with you on that, as it has happend to me a few times, but in the process have also managed to find 1 great coder.

As to CMSInfusion, I think they spent a bigger % on affiliate commissions. In fact, most people should have used an affiliate link. There were lots of cool bonuses everywhere. I didn't offer mine, because I wasn't an affiliate :)

Even so, whenever their cut was, it was an excellent income for such a script. Nothing like the IM market. I started there 5 years ago, but then moved to the domain business. To be honest, I regret it. I could be a "guru" by now.

It was $497/sale (got my share of sales in too, enough to pay for getting the package myself). Redirecting traffic from expired names that used to be IM sites that were probable failures in its past life has it's uses...Domaining and IM can sometimes complement each other even though their methods more often than not conflict.
Well they have their own huge optin list and they started the pre-sales ahead of the affiliates so I'm sure they would have managed to get in quite a lot of sales of their own.

DNabc

Web Investor & Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
First of all I think the competition idea from unholy1 is good. But everyone competing should remember that they would have to do that for a lot of sites.

For me that is a problem. I love creating something, and perfect it, but I hate doing monotonous work. And one time payments don't motivate me either :)

Then you would have to decide if use an external script/cms, to add new pages as will, or if single page mini-sites would do, linking then to a centralized site. But I think you prefer a CMS. To manage 10,000 that way would be a nightmare though.

As for coders at RAC, the problem for me has been updating. Many years ago I had custom built innovative systems for the time. Directories with link reciprocate checkers, tabbed browsers with centralized link ads systems, and so on. But then the coders disappeared, so how can I market a product without updates? Needing to hire a new coder? What a pain...

As for IM domains, I have some too (EcoverPro for ex.), but not time to build there what I imagine :/ Maybe next month I say...

As for CMSInfusion own sales, Jeremy and Simon have big lists, but with so many marketers bombarding the same people with bonus packages...
Nice to see another IM person here.

IDEAS4

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I own a CMS and have for 12 years - there are 2 on the market better than mine - so much so, I stopped selling/using mine!

One is LISK-CMS.com - a great product with a ton of modules - very affordable and easy to install and use. They will even customize the skin from your Photoshop PSD's - can't get better than that.

The other is EXPONENT - an opensource CMS that we just started using. My assistant says its really easy to manage and use:

http://www.exponentcms.org/index.php?section=1

Art

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ok, I have looked at most systems people have recommended and feel more confused that before ;) so many choices...

-=DCG=-

I think your taking the tremendous amount of work involved in developing these systems for granted. Based upon your need the best bet would be developing, but you will probably need a regular set of programmers working full time, not a 1 time job.

revolution1

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
10k site??????????? Wow 1 adsense click a day on each of the sites, assuming a dollar per click ends up netting you 3.65 million a year.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
pretty damn good info here....

It will take time to digest, but pretty impressive stuff,

Thanks!

-=DCG=-

SouthernTn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was almost tempted to apply for the job of 10K sites :cool:

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ok, an update here, I have found 2 more sites using the same cms as the birds.com and scotland.com site.

policelink.com
nursinglink.com

Does anyone know what cms this is, I have been trying to figure this out for a while now.

-=DCG=-

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom