Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

**ESPN markets ESPN.mobi on ESPN.com**

Status
Not open for further replies.

MejCdj

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
lolol
glgl !

Vision

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ease off.

I don't want to be outbid.

LOL!!

Doc, you have some competition....Well I heard AOL and Fearless were bidding too .... Didn't Fearless place a $100,000 bid for games.mobi moments ago

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
He has the iphones market cornered. Gotta have some games on them iphones. Does seem like a perfect match. Perhaps I'll let him have it.

He must have been the one that just outbid me at $101,000.00

Vision

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Now ESPN is hiring people for their growing ESPN.mobi division....

http://www.gadball.com/Jobs/PrintJob.aspx?jid=11888512&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

Mobile ESPN - Web DeveloperJob Details Employment Type: Full Time Job Location: New York, NY Company Name: The Walt Disney Company - ESPN (more jobs) Job Description: Dept - ESPN Mobile Properties

Title - Web Developer/Tech Producer I

Job ID: 135313

Job Responsibilities

This is a technical position, responsible for producing, managing, creating and maintaining the technical elements of ESPN Mobile Web (ESPN.mobi).

ESPN.mobi is featured on many US wireless carriers (Sprint, Verizon Wireless, AT&T, T-Mobile, Alltel, and more) and is available on a variety of devices from featurephones to smartphones and Internet-connected devices. ESPN.mobi content includes news, scores, standings, schedules, polls, games, and special coverage for marquee sporting events throughout the year (playoffs, tournaments, Olympics, etc.)

Typical duties for a technical producer include: template maintenance and creation, special event coverage support, daily production support for editorial, investigation and implementation of new technologies.

This position acts as a technical liaison between the operations personnel and the creative and content teams to explain technical tools and protocols; helps both the technical and content personnel understand required production procedures; contributes to ensuring that desired content and templates are correctly published to the site.

The producer will also work with many groups within ESPN.com and ESPN to develop new ideas for mobile sports coverage and feature enhancements, and will ''own'' all production related to ESPN.mobi in conjunction with an Associate Technical Producer and as a part of the Mobile Properties production team, which also produces ESPN Alerts and ESPN MVP.
Experience: Required Qualifications

BA degree, Computer Science preferred. 2-4 years of web development or mobile application experience. Server-side template programming (JSP/ASP/PHP) a must, Tea experience a plus. Expert knowledge of HTML, Javascript and CSS. Project Management, Project Planning, knowledge of databases, Photoshop, ad integration, Hitbox/Omniture experience, and structured programming (Java, C++) are all relevant. Mobile experience and industry knowledge are a big plus. Must be a strong communicator, passionate about sports, and committed to delivering the ultimate mobile experience for sports fans.
Contact Name: Recruiter Relocation Assistance: Yes Experience Required: 3-5 Years Education Required: Bachelor Sponsorship: No Post Date: 1/7/2008

namewaiter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
pretty cool ... just went to the pre loaded ESPN link on t-mobile's walled garden internet on my dash and this is the first line that greets me ...

ESPN.mobi gives you optimized access to news, scores, stats and more.

the actual address through the walled garden is mobileapp.espn.go.com/wireless/espn/blahblah

OnSpec

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
pretty cool ... just went to the pre loaded ESPN link on t-mobile's walled garden internet on my dash and this is the first line that greets me ...

ESPN.mobi gives you optimized access to news, scores, stats and more.

the actual address through the walled garden is mobileapp.espn.go.com/wireless/espn/blahblah

The numeric domain equivalent (ESPN = 3776) also works quite well.

Just type in 3776.com in your mobile browser.

No matter who the carrier is. No matter what hand set you use. No matter what language you speak. No matter where you are located, it works worldwide. :eek:k:

Vision

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The numeric domain equivalent (ESPN = 3776) also works quite well.

Just type in 3776.com in your mobile browser.

No matter who the carrier is. No matter what hand set you use. No matter what language you speak. No matter where you are located, it works worldwide. :eek:k:

Then OnSpec, why the hell isn't ESPN advertising 3776.com???

Why are they advertising ESPN.mobi on their freaking website and broadcast????

http://games.espn.go.com/tcmen/story?pageName=tcmen\mobile

I swear some dotMobi smear merchants in here are dumber than a brick!!!

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I own one .mobi., and as we run together through the golden meadows, time stands still.

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The fact there is sooooo much negativity on here about .mobi just makes me want to run out and buy more. Talk about hurd mentality...

GO MOBI>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I said the same thing about my shoelace collection. Everyone is a critic.

OnSpec

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yo. Vision(ary)

I guess it's because they don't own 3776.com. If they want to advertise and promote .mobi, that's their decision. No problemo.

I wasn't bashing at all. If you took the time to take off your tunnel-vision blinders you would realize that I simply pointed out an alternative, hardly the voice of a smear monger.

I do have the name of a competent Valium distributor... should you decide to come up for air at some point in the future.

Cheers,

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
clearly there are no corporations collecting shoelaces..... sorry about your bad investment.....

markets find a way to rotate and make money....mobi is the rotation from .com that will be the biggest thing ever to happen to mobility throughout the usa and abroad.

Compost piles need rotation too, but that doesn't mean old banana peels are going to turn into diamonds. If you're hittin' .mobi, you might as well just hit the stock market.

You smell that .com gold baby?

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
some people invest in oil and gas, others invest in solar and ethanol.

i want to be on the brink of something larger............... a new market....something to grow just like .com did.

Go Mobi

Oh yeah, .com is finished. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom