Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

.EU domains sellers on crack

Status
Not open for further replies.

acronym007

Thankful!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ok, I have to ask, what's up with all of thse .eu speculators? I made some offers on Sedo and other places and these guys want six figures for domains that even the .com hasn't sold for. Boy are they in for a rude awakening. I think .eu has some potential but I'm not sold that it is the next best thing as I think IDN's will do better. I hope the offers I made weren't to any DNforum members. LOL. Hopefully my fellow members here are more reasonable. Before anyone ask, no I don't think they should give them away but six figures for a a two word .eu today is way out of line IMHO. Have any of you come across the same thing? Any similiar experiences I would like to hear them. Cheers,

Acro

NameAlot.com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yup... from Sedo members... I immediately canceled negotions once those silly counters came back... and the names were only halfway decent 2 worders... it's going to be annoying for the first year or so huh

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Granted there are idiots everywhere, but just because it's a two-worder does not mean it is worse than one-worder.

In fact, I'll say 90% of two-word domains are better than 90% of one-word domains.

And as for .eu domains, a lot of them are worthless because they are registered by clueless, wide-eyed 18 year old kids, but on the other hand also a lot of them will be selling for six figures within couple of years.

acronym007

Thankful!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey sasquatch, the point is it is a .eu two-word, even if it is a .eu one-word no .eu is better than any equivelent .com and with the prices these people are requesting you would think they are better than .com. I wouldn't argue with you on the one-word/two-word domain issue because you might be right. I agree it's a bunch of clueless teenagers hoping for a big payday. All we have to do it wait for .eu drops next year, my guess is there will be a huge feast. Cheers,

Acro

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
acronym007 said:
All we have to do it wait for .eu drops next year, my guess id there will be a huge feast. Cheers, Acro
I think so too. Better buys in .US now me thinks, and they just went past 1 million regs. But slow and steady growth and already thru the weeding out phases.

dodo1

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I must agree here. I have received several domain offers via email from .eu domain owners throughout the last week. They offered me their domains at five to six figure prices each. And the domains were not even good! I do not want to give any examples due to privacy reasons, but the domains were all crap to be honest.

It is too early to give an accurate estimate for the value of .eu domains, in my opinion. Anyway, it is obvious that .eu prices are way too high and unrealistic at the moment. It is as if people were thinking they own a prime.com instead of a newly introduced .eu.

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
acronym007 said:
All we have to do it wait for .eu drops next year, my guess is there will be a huge feast. Cheers

Huge feast on what? Only the shitty names will be dropping, any half-decent names are in it for a long run. And even if something decent drops, there will always be likes of Name Administration and Vertical Axis to bid one them at Snaps for more money than anyone else will. The only way to get some of those half-decent names for cheap is to keep telling kids how shitty their .eu is, and than buy from them for peanuts.

Rarethings

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ok, I have to ask, what's up with all of thse .eu speculators? I made some offers on Sedo and other places and these guys want six figures for domains that even the .com hasn't sold for. Boy are they in for a rude awakening. I think .eu has some potential but I'm not sold that it is the next best thing as I think IDN's will do better. I hope the offers I made weren't to any DNforum members. LOL. Hopefully my fellow members here are more reasonable. Before anyone ask, no I don't think they should give them away but six figures for a a two word .eu today is way out of line IMHO. Have any of you come across the same thing? Any similiar experiences I would like to hear them. Cheers,

Acro

Boy, are you on the money on this one.

I made a solid offer on a nice .eu, but one with a .com counterpart worth low 6 figures at best.

The guy countered, asking for 12.5$ million. lol.

picassoface

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Since you have to have an EU home address, I'm not even the least interested in .eu domains. Just add it to the pile of junk extensions. Dot com is king :)

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Rarethings said:
I made a solid offer on a nice .eu, but one with a .com counterpart worth low 6 figures at best.

The guy countered, asking for 12.5$ million. lol.

He was pulling your chain obviously, since you wasted his time offering xxx while knowing very well that the same name in .com is worth six fig's.

BLazeD

Selling
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sasquatch said:
He was pulling your chain obviously, since you wasted his time offering xxx while knowing very well that the same name in .com is worth six fig's.

Me thinks we have a buyer / seller match :)

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.EU imho = C.R.A.P.

I have no desire to own an .eu extension. How many of us here really think the eu will gain in popularity to even match .info domains? I think it's gonna be like .cc personally.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The first year of any major tld launch is the absolutely worst time to buy on the resale market, imho. Whether .EU gains traction in this year will largely determine what happens to resale prices.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you know what .eu sounds like?

eeewwwww!

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GT Web said:
you know what .eu sounds like?

eeewwwww!

I thought only girls said that :crazy:

SouthernTn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
BLazeD said:
Me thinks we have a buyer / seller match :)

exactly what I thought when I read that lol

picobello

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It seems that many "pending application" names will be released in coming months by EurId due to lack of compliance!
For those who want to have a chance to grab some, I am selling a fast bulk php script or EXE to scan free & application-pending names - let me know if interested ;-)

BLazeD

Selling
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
picobello said:
It seems that many "pending application" names will be released in coming months by EurId due to lack of compliance!
For those who want to have a chance to grab some, I am selling a fast bulk php script or EXE to scan free & application-pending names - let me know if interested ;-)

If you have more info on the release process I may be interested

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
but why should they sell them to You for reseller prices? I don`t get it

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom