Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

.EU domains sellers on crack

Status
Not open for further replies.

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
chase said:
That got me, Could have sworn they come from Canada...???

No silly. Don't you get it, I'm the product of one's imagination.

Chelsea

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Looks false, no matter how much I like .eu, that just screams "False Bidding".

Looking at the other 60 .eu domains for sale, there is one with a 1$ and only one other domain at just over $160. Now, you can´t compare those three names, but there is absolutely NO reason for such silly bidding unless it is all fake.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Like I said, "Shills Gone Wild!" the movie.

Sassy Squat predicted it, maybe he knows these guys and can let us all in on the secrets?

teamwork

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
acronym007 said:
The same guy raised his own bid $60,000? Who in the world would do that? This is one of the biggest scams......

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=9710428065

onkel27281 $90k Apr-19-06 04:31:38 PDT
next bid same guy
onkel27281 $150k Apr-19-06 04:32:27 PDT

Notice that times too, he raised his own bid in under 1 minute

I don't think is fake
The reason might be is that there is a reserve price.
ie in afternic the same domain says min offer at 175k (I think I saw something like this).

Saw the bidder when he saw that reserve price is not met tried once again.

For justification of the bid, don't know. If fish.com goes a to a million and blue.com goes to some hundrend K, what is fair value and what is not? Game for those that have the money

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why are you all attacking sasquatch?
Why are you all so negative towards .eu? This is the first time I have seen such a big group of people teamed up against a single tld(needless to say that 95% of them are not from EU).
Is there a particular reason that you want it to fail so much? I know that you are going to say that you don't want it to fail but to me regardless of what you might say, it seems that you don't like the idea of this tld being successful in the future, and I have no idea why.

Why is .eu worthless? In order for a TLD to fail there must be no interest from end users in developing websites. Give me a good reason, without writing the usual "There was no need for this tld etc" why a european who wants to open an online business, let's say a computer store, shouldn't develop computerstore.eu.
In the years to come, many european businesses will develop .eu websites and the tld will get stronger and stronger every day.

This is my opinion, many of you disagree and that is your opinion. Every person is entitled to his own opinion and should not be critisized for it. Stop this rediculous discussion about the .eu's future, it was fun to read the threads at the beginning, but this is going too far. NOBODY can predict the future of a tld, 10 days after it has been launched so why do you waste your time arguing over it? Time will show, lets hold our thoughts and continue this discussion in 3 years when things will not be as theoretical as today.

acronym007

Thankful!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
petrosc - read the first post, this thread is not about anyone person. It is about unrealistic expectations and falsehoods that are bad for the growth of .eu. If people would sell .eu for a reasonable price then prehaps, a growth spurt would occur. However holding out for 100k for every .eu is going to stunt it's growth. I have'nt attacked anyone, but we should always point out suspected scams to protect the newbies in the business. Too many newbies are taken advantage of and they have no protection besides the voices of fellow domainers. If you don't think this eBay auction is bogus, I can show many more like it and show you the proof. Let's protect the innocent from the scams and like I said if this is not a scam then why isn't advertises.eu higher, why isn't there a buying frenzy for other better .eu names, like realestate, insurance, bank, mortage, other more valuable key terms. Seems to me someone has in interest in this one domain excelling, yet I wish anyone well that suceeds by legitimate standards. If someone get's 200k for advertisement.eu my point in the original post is highlighted that advertisement.com will be worth 1 million+ and it will help the entire industry. However, if this turns to be a scam it helps no one and I still don't believe .eu's are worth that much at this point in time. Cheers,

Acro

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Acro,
I read your post the first day you posted it and I couldn't agree more with what you have said. I understand that you are trying to save the newbie from making a big mistake and my post had nothing to do with you, nor I intended to offend you or anyone else here. But I have seen various posts like ".eu is crap" or ".eu is useless" and similar.... Its good to warn the newbies that the prices might be very inflated now and they should be careful when buying a name, but on the other side, some are sabotaging the TLD with this kind of posts.

Anyway my point was that no speculation can be sufficiently justified at this point...the best we can do is just wait and see how it goes

acronym007

Thankful!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, just so we can close this thread in peace the domain name advertising.eu did not sell, yet the price was well over 100k, go figure and the Reserve was out of reach over $160k, c'mon? I was trying to be a helpful domain friend here, this was all smoke and mirros folks and at the same time I was trying to be objective to Sas's opinions. I guess we both right Sas, except it didn't sell so you own a meal in China.. LOL. Cheers mate.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=9710428065&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1

We can all agree on one thing, this other dude is one shady mofo, check out his .eu llistings on eBay. Trying desperately to capitalize on this almost advertising.eu sale. Cheers,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=9714892802&ssPageName=MERCOSI_VI_ROSI_PR4_PCN_BIX

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=9714893644&ssPageName=MERCOSI_VI_ROSI_PR4_PCN_BIX

http://cgi.ebay.com/the-biggest-cha...oryZ3767QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators