Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

.EU domains sellers on crack

Status
Not open for further replies.

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
advertising.eu up to $25,100 - still with two days to go

Domain summit 2024

acronym007

Thankful!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's all smoke and mirrors. Look at the user that jacked up the prices:

no1dotcom ( 0 )

Tell me that's not a false bid to raise prices, do you think a person with a (0) rating would actually pay?

How come advertises.eu is only at $200.00?

http://cgi.ebay.com/advertises-eu-p...9711553253QQcategoryZ3767QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Someone is inflating the prices artifically to create a stir, it won't work but for a few people. Please tell me you people know better. eBay is the largest scam site in the world. Fake bids, phoney people, etc.. Don't buy the hype.

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't understand what is so hard to comprehend here??

Advertising (even in Europe) is a multibillion dollar business.

Europe is world's second largest marketplace with all the economic and technoloogical and human infrastracture in place.

Connect the two.

Then add the fact that in th epast few years savvy domain sharks realized the value of 21st century properties,

and so slowly now does the mainstream media and business.

Advertising.eu will sell for six figures now (and will probably look like a bargain in few years time) because it's worth it in the light of recent domain landscape and marketplace trends, and also due to inherent scarcity of legitimate prime properties.

It does not matter that this is a brand new extension, those who doubt Europe and compare it to .info or .cc only show the appaling lack of basic wordly perception and knowledge.

Names such are these go beyond domains, this is 21st century digital era Business/Marketing 101, and you better wake up to it or you'd left in the dust (if you aren't already).

barefoot

Go barefoot!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Then why hasn't advertising.us sold for 5 or 6 figures? Right now it's just sitting at a GoDaddy landing page, doing nothing but earning a bit of cash for GoDaddy. Do you think that domain is worth 6 figures? Would you pay $100K or more for advertising.us?

Curious -- if it were possible, would you perform an even exchange of advertising.eu for advertising.us?

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
barefoot said:
Then why hasn't advertising.us sold for 5 or 6 figures? Right now it's just sitting at a GoDaddy landing page, doing nothing but earning a bit of cash for GoDaddy. Do you think that domain is worth 6 figures? Would you pay $100K or more for advertising.us?

Unfortunately, and as I said many times before, .us extension is damned in the fact that it is a little "ugly cousin" extension for the American marketplace. This is not an "ignorant prick" bashing, but factual statement. It came too late and too "defective" (way after .com established itself in the American business and consumer psyche) to be a strong contender in that same American marketplace especially when its known that American marketplace is traditionally very riggid and conservative when it comes to marketing. While I have no doubt that .us is a viable alternative for smaller businesses and end users, it has no clout with the traditional big money for the above reasons.

Such is simply not the case for .eu, because due to the strategic and opportunistic reasons eventually .eu will built and establish itself as the European version of .com. By that I don't mean that it will necessary sell itself in .com numbers (neither in numbers, nor amounts) but that it will likely be the first destination of choice for European users when looking for European specific answers.

barefoot said:
Curious -- if it were possible, would you perform an even exchange of advertising.eu for advertising.us?

Of course not. See the above.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If .us is the ugly cousin in us then .eu is the ugly 27th cousin, after .co.uk, .de, .fr, .gr etc. and .com(that is used A LOT in europe too).

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
dvdrip said:
If .us is the ugly cousin in us then .eu is the ugly 27th cousin, after .co.uk, .de, .fr, .gr etc. and .com(that is used A LOT in europe too).

Actually, it's a prince on a white horse. Finally something that will unify the online European market above the little shitty national extensions.

acronym007

Thankful!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
By that I don't mean that it will necessary sell itself in .com numbers (neither in numbers, nor amounts) but that it will likely be the first destination of choice for European users when looking for European specific answers.

Ahh, some light. I can agree with that statement sasquatch.

Finally we can agree!!!!! YEAH!! That was the point of my original post, read the first one. Cheers,

Acro

One other point, .eu is still limited. English is not the only langiage for the entire population of the European community.

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Update:

Advertising.eu = 50k+ Ebya bid at the moment (I predicted six figures when the highest bid was 6k)

acronym007

Thankful!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I predict if I throw blood in the water sharks will come. You or these people cause a feeding frenzy and now nervous people are overreacting. The sale of one domain only goes to prove, um nothing for .eu. Want me to show the list of six figure .com sales? Please tell me why the same people have not inflated the price of advertises.eu, still at 200.00. Why not this .eu?

http://cgi.ebay.com/advertises-eu-p...9711553253QQcategoryZ3767QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

By the way how do you know I'm not "no1dotcom"? The eBay trader with the zero rating? LOL Cheers,

Acro

barefoot

Go barefoot!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm not terribly impressed with the quality of bidders in the advertising.eu auction. They either have zero feedback, haven't won any items since last year, or have only purchased low-priced items recently.

If I was considering making a bid, I'd look at the quality of all previous bidders. In this case, I suspect some shill bidding might be taking place.

acronym007

Thankful!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
barefoot said:
I'm not terribly impressed with the quality of bidders in the advertising.eu auction. They either have zero feedback, haven't won any items since last year, or have only purchased low-priced items recently.

If I was considering making a bid, I'd look at the quality of all previous bidders. In this case, I suspect some shill bidding might be taking place.

I couldn't agree more!!!!!!!

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
acronym007 said:
I predict if I throw blood in the water sharks will come. You or these people cause a feeding frenzy and now nervous people are overreacting. The sale of one domain only goes to prove, um nothing for .eu. Want me to show the list of six figure .com sales?

Wait the minute, in this very thread you said that this domain wasn't worth much, and that it will never come even nowehere close to my predicted six figures.

Now, all of a sudden you are telling me this sale will prove nothing, and you are giving me a list of .com sales??

This kind of discussion with you is fruitless.

acronym007 said:
Please tell why the same people have not inflated the price of advertises.eu, still at 200.00. Why not this .eu?

"Advertises" is not a meanigful action/association word, and is not worth even 200.00.

barefoot said:

It does not matter who bidded so far, the real action will occur in the last five minutes.

barefoot said:

Again, true buyers usually have a set budget for something like this, and they will allocate their maximum which is not dependent on what others bid.

acronym007

Thankful!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just so we're clear. Here is post #1 of this thread.
Ok, I have to ask, what's up with all of thse .eu speculators? I made some offers on Sedo and other places and these guys want six figures for domains that even the .com hasn't sold for. Boy are they in for a rude awakening. I think .eu has some potential but I'm not sold that it is the next best thing as I think IDN's will do better. I hope the offers I made weren't to any DNforum members. LOL. Hopefully my fellow members here are more reasonable. Before anyone ask, no I don't think they should give them away but six figures for a a two word .eu today is way out of line IMHO. Have any of you come across the same thing? Any similiar experiences I would like to hear them. Cheers,

My point is and always will be that no .eu is worth the equivelent .com. I did not believe advertising.eu would go to 100k but hey I could be wrong. I have already talked to some of the bidders, there are some false people in there, believe what you want someone is inflating the price of this domain.So yes it does matter who bids because they might not have the ability to pay and in the real world that is called fraud. Why is that any domain you like is worth 100k but all other are worthless? What is the difference between advertising and advertises? Because you wouldn't pay $200 means it worthless to the whole .eu community? In the dictionary advertising and advertises is given the same weight. A false inflated domain sale is just like a false inflated stock catching the hope of some that the stock is undervalued. People fall for this trick all the time. Advertising.eu is no more than a marketing magical hocus pocus.

Like I said in your post and mine I hope this domain REALLY does sell for 100k because it's good for the industry as a whole. Just be sure you quote me word for word.

barefoot

Go barefoot!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sasquatch said:
It does not matter who bidded so far, the real action will occur in the last five minutes.
Are you basing this assumption on your experience with Snapnames/Pool auctions? Because that's not necessarily the case on eBay.

sasquatch said:
Again, true buyers usually have a set budget for something like this, and they will allocate their maximum which is not dependent on what others bid.
I wasn't talking about bid amounts, but bidders themselves. If all you've got is shill bidders thus far, no serious bidding is going to take place in the "last five minutes". Who pays more for something than they have to? Do you?

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
acronym007 said:
In the dictionary advertising and advertises is given the same weight.

This argument is so weak and hollow. Who gives a rat's ass what kind of weight does the dictionary gives to these words? That stupid obsession with dictionary words is sick. Did you ask yourself what kind of "weight' does the real life gives to these two words? The established mass and business vocabulary? How about user searches in Overture, or popular uses in Google?

acronym007

Thankful!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just find it interesting that you cannot justify the price of one over the other but then again I think you have some stake in this to make such wild claims. The dictionary arguement is just as hollow as someone saying "because" or " i say so". I would like to know why one is better than the other but apparently that seems to difficult to discuss.

Just come out and tell us it's you uncle's domain or something my goodness man for the love of everything pure just admit you have some stake in this domain... LOL

Chelsea

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
sasquatch said:
Actually, it's a prince on a white horse. Finally something that will unify the online European market above the little shitty national extensions.

:music: in my ears...!!!

Could not agree any more, but no matter how much we discuss this beauty ".eu" now, you will always find pros & cons.

It is far too early to make any decent statements about what this ext. is and will be worth. Lucky me I got most of what I wanted, but I would not sell now because I just think that the quality of .eu´s will only show in about a year+.

This could be one of those never ending threads, there are too many opinions, but hardly any real facts.

We should just give this debate a break and consider coming back to it in ( not less than ) half a year.

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
barefoot said:
Are you basing this assumption on your experience with Snapnames/Pool auctions? Because that's not necessarily the case on eBay. I wasn't talking about bid amounts, but bidders themselves. If all you've got is shill bidders thus far, no serious bidding is going to take place in the "last five minutes".

With any kind of online bidding place that is selling something which is perceived as very valuable, heavy bidding always occurs at the very end.

barefoot said:
Who pays more for something than they have to? Do you?

We all do, on ocassions, if not most of the time. Saying you don't probably reveals your own skewed perception.

In either case, I'm not talking about bottom feeders and speculators who are not married to this kind of name, but are only in hunt in order to get the best deal out of it.

I'm talking about end users/speculators who are in love with this kind of name. Who are dead set on having it. Say they have 200,000 budget for it, meaning they will gladly or readily pay that much for it, to them it does not matter if the previous bids are fake. Since they have no way of knowing whether the bids are fake or not, and since they already have the budget set aside, in principle to them it does not matter too greatly whether they win this auction for 50,000 (without shill bids) or whether they win it for 180,000 (with shill bids in it).

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Advertising.eu WILL NOT be paid and you can quote me on this.

sasquatch said:
Update:

Advertising.eu = 50k+ Ebya bid at the moment (I predicted six figures when the highest bid was 6k)

shitty national extensions??? hhhmmmm...

sasquatch where are you from?

sasquatch said:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators