Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

.eu registrations

Status
Not open for further replies.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What a shame!

Here I was hoping that the .eu rollout would spark some fresh air in the domain industry, but it appears that it's just another way for the registrar community to fleece the domainers. EURid seems ready to approve any and all registrar wannabees that apply. There are quite a few on their approved list that I consider outright crooks. Of course there are many on that list that I can't voice an opinion of because I've never heard of them. A bit surprising as I have accounts at around 70 registrars currently. I don't feel too bad though, because I can't find too many old hands around here that have heard of them either.

For the brave of heart (and the newbie) might I say "watch your back and your wallet".

Just a taste of what you'll see happen here in all likelyhood:

Price gouging! Take a look at the fees set by BB Online UK etc.
Non refundable pre-reg fees and success rates not even on the scope.
Pre-reg fees taken by several applicants on the same name at the same registrar.
"Service" or other "Set-up" fees charged per name submitted in addition to prereg fees.
False TM information submitted by both applicants and registrars.
Pre-reg fees taken in large amounts, and not a single name submitted (who'd know?).
Registrars take your hard studied list, tell you they're gone, & submit for themselves.
Offer services to the public but only submit names for 1 client.
Registrars promising that names caught go to the first in line (you were 2nd)
By coincidence a favored client (from Botswannaland) put in your unique short list.
Contracts that promise refunds to your account (your acct @ the registrar that is)
No enforcement efforts by the registry in view of blatant abuse.

Etc. Etc don't make me look at my old files on the landrushes.

When you're done and you find you have spent 10 or 30 times what you thought on unsuccessful pre-reg fees etc to catch each of those few names you did get, good luck on getting the name transferred over to a real registrar that answers email.

Oh yeah, the chase to get your promised partial refund back from Ackmaud in Botswannaland will be a kick. You were planning on a short trip from the UK anyway.

matt247

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
food for thought, thanks for the insights,

I decided to take a risk and pre reg 2 maybe 3 later on, its worth a punt in my view

Fredo

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Very good comment Stocdoctor, I would recommand everyone to read it. You are right in all what you said... The thing is that if you don't try you don't get as well, so it is complicated situation...

Just one comment, when you say there are registrars you don't know the names, it might be because all european countries have registrars applying to be .eu accreditated. Therefore even "unknown" registrars from small european countries can be accredited. They might be well known in their own country and targeting only that specific market (in their specific language)... and completely unknown in the other countries...

Cheers,

Fredo

FreddyS

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Angelx666 said:
hey freddy, first you have said, preregistration are free, the it is stated, you need to pay, then you have stated in pm , i will not even receive all my money back, if preregs will fall, you will keep some %

please clarify!, that is really crappy to pay for something, you dont know what!!

Angelx666,

we did free pre-regs for couple of years. now the time is come that our clients need to confirm their preregistration. we can not send all the crap that the people registered to the registry. who wants a xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.eu?
there are already about 100.000 paid preregistrations. from more then 70 countries in more then 20 languages.
Customers accepting small prices to be in the queue. I think 18 Euro is not much. if you want to pay less, then PM me.

If EuroDNS has to refund money to a customer by:

- crediting the customer’s EuroDNS account, no fee will be deducted
- refunding money to the customer’s bank account will involve a handling charge per transfer of 5% of the amount concerned, with a minimum of 10 EUR. All the bank charges will be for the beneficiary.

All deep details can be found here: http://www.eurodns.com/preregister/eusunrise.php

If someone needs personal assistance, just PM me. I also can call back to explain the details.

Freddy

Estrange

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I tried to register .eu domain at GoDaddy and it allows me to checkout.
I didn't finish process, cause it charges me $89.90.

.EU Domain Name Registration - 1 Year
Sku: 2851-1 Domain: xxxxxx.EU...$19.95 recurring $19.95
.EU Application Fee - Public Bodies
Sku: 2925-1 $69.95 one-time

I checked the eu website and they say that they don't allow registration yet.
Has anybody tried to register .eu dn from GoDaddy?

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Still in progress.

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Estrange said:
I tried to register .eu domain at GoDaddy and it allows me to checkout.
I didn't finish process, cause it charges me $89.90.

.EU Domain Name Registration - 1 Year
Sku: 2851-1 Domain: xxxxxx.EU...$19.95 recurring $19.95
.EU Application Fee - Public Bodies
Sku: 2925-1 $69.95 one-time

I checked the eu website and they say that they don't allow registration yet.
Has anybody tried to register .eu dn from GoDaddy?

hey, i have noticed that aswell..

godaddy selling .eu's !
and lots are taken already!

is eu avalable for registration ?
whats going on?

cheers

keyser soze

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Same here xxxxxxxxx.eu dont mind the £19.95 reg fee but whats this $69.95 nonsense ??.

matt247

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
are they available now or what? I am really confused, I applied a while back for a few?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators