Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

.eu registrations

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreddyS

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi, for the moment the rules are not 100% clear for the second sunrise. Normally lastnames should be also in sunrise2. And "visual" Trademarks where also for the moment in sunrise2.

for the moment we accept (other registrars too) pre-regs from privat and companies.

cu

Freddy

Fredo said:
Is the pre-reg open to everyone (EU citizens) or only open to companies applying for the sunrise period ? Can I pre-reg a domain for after the 2 sunrise periods ?

FreddyS

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
By they way. For all 2 letter DN Fans!
2 Letter Domains are allowed under the .eu

I saw this question today about 10 times in our support-system. So I think its worth a posting.

CU my friends.

Freddy

FreddyS

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Eurid confirmed that they wount stop multiple accreditation of Registrars. If a european registrar has another company in US, both can be accredited and rise the chance to get domains for the customers. ;-)

Freddy

wohl

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Since this first come first serve, isn't there a risk that registrars experienced in catching .com domains could have some technical advantage and get all their requests processed first, leaving many registrars virtually empty-handed?

Yum

Editor
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am not a EU resident,SO i cannot get a Dot eu domain.
And i am afraid that after i finish my dot eu, my domains will be deleted with notification.SO a waste of money.

FreddyS

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hi 1x1,

you are not wasting money, you can easily setup a european contact yourself. it cost about u$ 100 to setup a company in UK. This company can be the holder for all your domains. In the Eurid meetings on ICANN they said that this is leagal. If the U$ 100 is to much for you find an agreement with a domainer from europe in this forum.

Freddy

1x1 said:
I am not a EU resident,SO i cannot get a Dot eu domain.
And i am afraid that after i finish my dot eu, my domains will be deleted with notification.SO a waste of money.

dotDan

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So if I register a company, say ExampleCompany in EU, I can get ec.eu? If so, I'll soon be a European company.

FreddyS

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Please remember that there is no one that can say that you get the domain that you wish. if you set up a company in UK called "EC LTD" and someone else setup a "EC GmbH" in germany, then you will have already competition.

But thats they way how it works to grab good names.

Freddy

dotDan said:
So if I register a company, say ExampleCompany in EU, I can get ec.eu? If so, I'll soon be a European company.

Yum

Editor
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hi 1x1,

you are not wasting money, you can easily setup a european contact yourself. it cost about u$ 100 to setup a company in UK. This company can be the holder for all your domains. In the Eurid meetings on ICANN they said that this is leagal. If the U$ 100 is to much for you find an agreement with a domainer from europe in this forum.
Really good news for me.
But i think i cannot.
i'v never been to UK and i don't know how to do so.

matt247

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just to confirm,

at the moment is it not at all possible to register any .eu name unless it is for a company i.e a trade mark?

I typed in socks.eu into an acredited domain site and it says there is only a one off 'no sunrise' fee, does this mean I could register it and own it completely?

FreddyS

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
that means the domain is already taken for the landrush.
if you have a trademark for socks or a company called socks you can apply for the sunrise.

matt247 said:
Just to confirm,

at the moment is it not at all possible to register any .eu name unless it is for a company i.e a trade mark?

I typed in socks.eu into an acredited domain site and it says there is only a one off 'no sunrise' fee, does this mean I could register it and own it completely?

matt247

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
that means the domain is already taken for the landrush.

It said that it is available for the one off 'queue' fee, I should have made myself clearer. Is there any way to get an idea of what has already been reserved?

FreddyS

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
matt247 said:
It said that it is available for the one off 'queue' fee, I should have made myself clearer. Is there any way to get an idea of what has already been reserved?

sorry, no.
thats not possible....

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Freddy@EuroDNS said:
sorry, no.
thats not possible....

hey freddy, first you have said, preregistration are free, the it is stated, you need to pay, then you have stated in pm , i will not even receive all my money back, if preregs will fall, you will keep some %

please clarify!, that is really crappy to pay for something, you dont know what!!

Fredo

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My answer to your question Matt.

At the moment, you can only apply for sunrise periods and "no sunrise". It means that you are not sure you will get the .eu domains you apply for.

There are several accredited .eu registrars offering the same pre-registration service and none of them can guarantee you that you will get your domains.

But if you don't pre-register your .eu domains with an accredited .eu registrar, you won't get them at all if the domains are popular ones. This is because the registrars will be the first to submit your request after the 2 sunrise periods.

You can find a more academic explanation on my site about .eu domains, the link to the article is: eudomains.org - Officially accredited .eu registrars

Hope it helps!

Cheers,

Fredo

matt247 said:
Just to confirm,

dotDan

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
so Fredo, say I want to start a site at tape.eu. Even if I live in the US and have no company by that name, I can apply for it in the no-sunrise period?

Yum

Editor
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
so Fredo, say I want to start a site at tape.eu. Even if I live in the US and have no company by that name, I can apply for it in the no-sunrise period?
Have the same problem.

Fredo

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi dotDan,

The registration of .eu domain names will be open to any individual resident in the EU or any organisation or company established in the EU.

I guess it is working like the .US for US individuals and companies...

See my post on eudomains.org for more details: eudomains.org - Who can register a .eu domain names?

dotDan said:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators