Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Exclusive Membership: Your Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Upvote 0

hellstrom

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What does "lifetime" mean? We've had 3 different owners in 2 years. How can one be sure that the plans won't change?

Sorry for being a bit sceptical but I have seen these things before:(nameplanet/netidentity)...first it's free forever, clearly stated, and then someone implents a yearly fee.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There is a major bug in the system. I just went to the Upgrade section and upgraded to Lifetime Exclusive Membership. Now I have no membership status and all of the links in my signature are gone!

I just went back to the Upgrade section and it says:

DNForum Membership Options

Our records currently show you have already upgraded your account to the fullest extent possible.

If this is an upgrade I would hate to see the downgrades! :- )

NameTower

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm going to start the feedback on this one. In my opinion from the start I did not like this extra membership level. During the last little while I've seen a lot of people leave. People who paid $50 or $15 to chat, gave that up and just left. This extra level of classification is not needed. If anything, these features should be offered to platinum members in order to encourage members to stay and that there is going to be improvements to this forum and all. I never liked the paying thing from the start, but if you needed to grab more money from us, at least make it at a reasonable price. I'm not sure why these changes are going on, but I don't really think they are helping. A $300 / $400 membership cost to chat in a forum is ridiculous. It's not like your giving us free drops and all that. Just extra places to chat and a free website. That's all I really see in this. Good Luck with it though. Maybe other people like the idea of it.

LewR

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Henry Ford was asked how he was going to sell all these cars he was making on the assembly line. His answer was "There is an ass for every seat".

True quote.

I am sure the forum will sell new memberships and upgrades, and I wish them good luck. I will use the next month to figure out if it is really any benefit to myself, but I can't see $300 worth of benefit.

What shame, every time a forum gets going, the anchor gets dropped...LOL

peter

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
jesus christ is this for real??

400 dollars for a frikkin "exclusive" membership when the platinum members already payed $50 for what they thought was the best etc.

How do you honestly justify 400 dollars per person??

And the lifetime thing?? I hope you have a contract the "exclusive" members and the owner can sign stating you won't sell untill all of the members here are dead?

It would rock to pay 400 bux for a so called exclusive membership only to see the owner selling it for loads, getting a new "owner" and new rules?

Man if I thought the current management was running this place to an early death before (which I was) this has to be a joke.

Anyways, this is what I think... and clearly I am not alone?

LewR

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is ALSO what IBM Executives said to Bill Gates when they winked at each other and agreed to LICENSE MS-DOS from him, instead of paying him $50,000.00.

The next thing they said was, "Oops!".

That was your quote Webcat - I had to copy it - they closed my thread.

Bottom line, not a very good comparison. You are not offering to SELL me anything - you are ONLY offering me to lease the opportunity to come here.

Let's compare apples with apples....

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You guy who are regulars here are overlooking a HUGE point. As they clearly stated, you can pay for your upgraded memberships with DNF $!! It is a nice way of grandfathering the currently active people in. I just used DNF to upgrade to lifetime Exclusive membership. Unfortunately, after I paid I was stripped of all membership status and lost all of the live links in my signature - but other than that it's all hunky dory! :- )

Spider

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How do you justify $400 per person?

Have you waited out your 30 day trial? Have you even read some of the newer sections? Some of you need to stop being so damn dramatic and stop causing unneeded chaos. Atleast give this a chance. You might be amazed at some of the new additions. You might think this forum is FREE but it costs a lot of money to run, upkeep and improve.

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by LewR
Henry Ford was asked how he was going to sell all these cars he was making on the assembly line. His answer was "There is an ass for every seat"

Ford also charges extra for options, A/C, A-L brakes, cd players, convertibles, High HP engines etc. You don't have to buy them, as a base car with 4 wheels and an engine will get you to the same place, just not as fast, efficiently or comfortably.

LewR

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke
You guy who are regulars here are overlooking a HUGE point. As they clearly stated, you can pay for your upgraded memberships with DNF $!! It is a nice way of grandfathering the currently active people in. I just used DNF to upgrade to lifetime Exclusive membership. Unfortunately, after I paid I was stripped of all membership status and lost all of the live links in my signature - but other than that it's all hunky dory! :- )

Duke - how much $DNF do you need for the upgrade?

Thanks!!

UrlPortfolio.com

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Elusive membership not exclusive!

For once Lewr, we agree,

after using the forum for a month or so I can see the way its going,

whats the chance of a partial refund for my membership, looks like the owners can afford it if they sell one exclusive membership ;-)

My laziness of not setting up an account elsewhere is no longer justified, I will contiinue to use the remainder of my membership, unless i get refund, but only to shadow posts elsewhere i fear.

I purchased the top membership for a reason, I see no reason to pay $250 dollars more, that would buy me a forum license and a top name to do my own domain forum ;-).

Hellstrom got it on the nail, lifetime, what if we hit a domain forum bubble ;-)

If all platinum members stand up for their beliefs and DONT UPGRADE, we can show the owner that these features should be platinum, and this is what we paid for, not to be fleaced on a forum where simple things like the copyright notice arent kept up to date (doesn't install me with confidence to look at lifetime memberships)

Prediction for the day...

This forum will be sold for less than the current owner bought it.

peter

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by 207
How do you justify $400 per person?

Have you waited out your 30 day trial? Have you even read some of the newer sections? Some of you need to stop being so damn dramatic and stop causing unneeded chaos. Atleast give this a chance. You might be amazed at some of the new additions. You might think this forum is FREE but it costs a lot of money to run, upkeep and improve.

I don't think you know the first thing about what this forum costs to run, cause if you do, you would know that the money Adam has made from the pre-existing memberships cover it more than well.

peter

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by nuguru

Prediction for the day...

This forum will be sold for less than the current owner bought it.

Amen to that

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My personal feeling is that the "Exclusive Membership" is for individuals who are seriously interested in the domain business. The reason: Those that do serious business will make the membership fee back in no time at all. It will also afford those who can "afford it", the means to do business in a safe and congenial manner.

As far as the "Life-time membership" thing, I think it's up to the individual. Again, if you are doing serious business will it matter to you whether it's "life-time" or not. The benefit for the "life-time" membership is that you won't have to "re-new" every year. Also, who knows what the price for annual membership will be next year. note: If Domain Business continues to grow and I were Adam, you bet I would increase the fees each year

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Duke,

Please PM me details and I will fix right away.

-=DCG=-

peter

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by izopod
My personal feeling is that the "Exclusive Membership" is for individuals who are seriously interested in the domain business. The reason: Those that do serious business will make the membership fee back in no time at all. It will also afford those who can "afford it", the means to do business in a safe and congenial manner.

As far as the "Life-time membership" thing, I think it's up to the individual. Again, if you are doing serious business will it matter to you whether it's "life-time" or not. The benefit for the "life-time" membership is that you won't have to "re-new" every year. Also, who knows what the price for annual membership will be next year. note: If Domain Business continues to grow and I were Adam, you bet I would increase the fees each year

so in other words, you wouldn't mind paying $10k for a super-duper membership which allows your name to spin around and have access to all kinds of secret little parts of the forum, cause you are a "serious domainer" and you will make you money back.

Your reasoning works for the $50 plat membership but not $1k for a lifetime excl.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by LewR

Duke - how much $DNF do you need for the upgrade?

Thanks!!

It quoted me $849 to upgrade from my original annual platinum stautus.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have no plans to sell this forum.

-=DCG=-

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom