Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Exclusive Membership: Your Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Upvote 0

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DotComGod
GT-Web,

Why are you complaining ? The mods worked hard to give you more than you paid for by adding extra things to plat.

You are not being forced to upgrade so whst' your issue?

-=DCG=-

I just dont like the way things are going....but I guess it doesnt really concern me....

I feel you are just ripping off the members here...but its their choice if they upgrade or not....

Domain Summit 2024

wolfis.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well ,well - not really a longtime member ,but in business for 4 years doing this...here are my views (like anybody cares ?)
Lifetime membership - just like afternic.com started at the beginnig ...anybody remember--$ 5.00 for like ,well ws cheap enough...still sold 5 times as many names (to dealers) over my own website with my technic).

as i said i'm not a long time member like most of you,but the only way i can see making money is ...? not here...if i compare my prices and the amount of domains and the quality of my names ... i only come to the conclusion that here are only sellers and a few buyer for high traffic names...and i still sell more names over my website (and for a hell of a lot more money) then at a forum like this...why would i spend this amount for nothing.....?

it's not that i tried ...just check out my post and you will see what i mean...
wolfgang

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by biggedon
Duke.....you are a very understanding guy!

Thanks for your patience!

Well, while it was kind of cool there for a few moments - I understood that it made no sense to give me a lifetime paid membership for a few DNF $. I was just hoping I would slide under the radar on the chaotic opening day and no one would notice me! Those damn PINK keys are a dead giveaway though!
:- )

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Folks, it's simple. If you don't like it, don't upgrade, no one is forcing you to. A Platinum membership may suit you fine, and we are not taking anything away from that. But if you are planning on upgrading, please tell us what you think about the features. We are interested to hear what you think about what is being offered, and are willing to even add more, if you can suggest something.

UrlPortfolio.com

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
quote from izopod

>>>

I'm sorry but you paid for what was available at the time. What adam is offering is "extra" services you *%(*&#*$&W.

God... Is it that difficult to comprehend? It's no wonder why the cable business is such a shit hole to be in. Any time you want to add services to your customers experience THEY continue to feel they should be "upgraded" at no cost.

That's my rant for the day. Sorry Nuguru, but nothing against you, I'm just tired of the "nonsense".

<<<

Nothin personal taken,

But a premium membership should be for a year and hence include growth of new products otherwise you would never sell a membership.

So before you call me untypeable names think about other memberships you have, if your gym, for example, added new equipment you would expect to be able to use it and not told that its only for corporate ass kissers and those stupid enough to pay more for it. Yes at the end of the year when you renew you may be inclined to pay more, but not whilst the membership you have paid is funding the new equipmenmt thats trying to be resold to you.

Now my rant,

' the cable business'

is so shit to work in because the infrastructure cost so much that they have to squeeze everylast drop from their customers to pay bond holders etc, hence the customer are unhappy for the same reason as the gym asimilie (if thats how you spell it) would annoy the gym member. Thus the customers hate the company, hence the staff, and morale collapses as deep down you know that they are getting shafted and those 'extra' services should be free to help increase user base rather than alienate more and more users and force them to another platform.

This is not an adequate comparrison to a forum requiring costs of software license, hosting, a couple of moderators ( by the way a moderator is supposed to have the interests of the forum in mind not purely executives to a business they dont own ), and some bespoke programming once in a while.

Now lets all do the math,

Platinum Members: 433
Gold Members: 242
Silver Members: 1
Bronze Members: 2262

against the above costs
hmm
leave that one for the accountants

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So if you bought a gold membership at the gym for $500, which gives you access to all the equipment 7 days a week, and then a few months down the road they decide to offer a Platinum membership for $1000 which offers access to the gym, plus a free personal trainer, and free workout tapes tailored to your workout, you would complain? Even though nothing was taken away from you?

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Reminds me of when Paid Membership was announced - the end of the world as we knew it! Yet it wasn't really was it - quite a few paid for Platinum Membership but others decided that Gold or Silver was better for them (Plat 433 and Gold 242 I believe) and it has been beneficial for most. I'm a fairly small dealer but I've sure made my money back.

Nothing is being taken away from anyone here with the new option, take it or leave it, just because it's there doesn't mean you have to go for it, you've got 30 days free to see and decide but if you don't want it or don't see its value for you then you've lost nothing and continue to enjoy what you have and what you've paid for.
Seems some are making more of an issue than exists here IMO.

D

Deleted member 4749

In any way, this change is good for domainstate.com

As to the paid membership, it is not big enough to provide you with additional sales that will not happen without this forum.
There is always afternic, ebay and other daomain forums with the same participants.

Implementing a new membership types is the same as if ebay started to rise prices and implementing new services when it has a 1000 customers who were more in selling rather than buying.

As to the success of the implemention:

The system will suceed in terms of additional proffits the forum generates. Some memberships will be likely bought and the foum might stuck with 5-25 platinum members.
What's next? Will the forum run like a bazaar all the time with a bunch of different member types exposed to different limits? Likely.
So, the additional revenue generated by the new change cannot be named ny "success" since it will slow down the expansion, which could bring more revenue with the current system.

Finaly, It's beyond my understanding whyyy with $300/membership in place the forum is flooded with banners.

Well, nothing is perfect but I don't really think this forum will last once a similar, but free forum come to existance.

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The idea of Platinum was to give access to everything.

I think the idea of verifying users is an important thing to do, but it shouldn't cost an arm and a leg to do it. I think the existing Platinum's should get a free upgrade to exclusive, assuming the users are willing to verify themselves.

The fact is, a lot of the Platinum's like myself paid for Platinum to support DNForum and have access to all the features. Maybe DNForum should think about that, instead of charging a ton more for features that should already be included in the Platinum membership.

RMF

peter

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So who is paying $1.1k for "exclusive"?

Anyone?

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback all, keep it coming

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by RMF

You DO have access to everything that was offerred at that time. I am not aware of anything that says Platinum members will have access to every feature that is ever added at dnforum. I think you are wrong, and this was never said, but please feel free to prove me wrong. :)

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by RMF

I think the idea of verifying users is an important thing to do, but it shouldn't cost an arm and a leg to do it. I think the existing Platinum's should get a free upgrade to exclusive, assuming the users are willing to verify themselves.

That is only one feature of the new membership.

The fact is, a lot of the Platinum's like myself paid for Platinum to support DNForum and have access to all the features. Maybe DNForum should think about that, instead of charging a ton more for features that should already be included in the Platinum membership.

Platinum members ARE getting all of the features - all the features that they paid for, this is a different service, no one is being done down - it's an available extra, an add-on if you want it.

RMF

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Do the new level's have anything to do with moderators being paid for their services? I remember the good ol' days when moderators supported the forum, becuase they cared about the community and enjoyed helping people....

Remember Namepopper?

Spider

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't get paid a dime if that answers your question. Not even a free upgrade.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mods arent paid as far as I know.....

the only problem I see is that you pay $350 just to have access to the drop section...so you can then buy the caught names and pay more....its not like you get anything free - you get access to things you have to pay for anyways....

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by 207
I don't get paid a dime if that answers your question. Not even a free upgrade.

Well, your services are apprecited then... :)

LewR

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by GiantDomains
So if you bought a gold membership at the gym for $500, which gives you access to all the equipment 7 days a week, and then a few months down the road they decide to offer a Platinum membership for $1000 which offers access to the gym, plus a free personal trainer, and free workout tapes tailored to your workout, you would complain? Even though nothing was taken away from you?

Best analogy yet.

True except for one thing, the better membership at the gym does not include HIV screening to prevent AIDS (please, understand the point - not the particular). AND, many gyms that you buy lifetime memberships to go out of business, and you lose your $. Same gamble here, will DNF be here more than 3 years? Will I hit the lottery? Who will win the Oscar next year?

My whole point from the getgo was this - extra items for extra charge? NP But there is an undetone in the wording that those lesss than Exclusive are less trustworthy. THAT is my biggest sticking point - why not have verified Platinum members as well?

Oh well, business is business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom