Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Exclusive Membership: Your Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Upvote 0

cjmacd

iwebwork.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There are some very good points brought up

the new tier isn't a bad idea in my mind at all

it just offers a new level of serious business with "extra" perks along with it

Domain Brokerage
Professional Domain Appraisals
Daily Drop Lists
DNForum Will Buy For $$$ if Caught in Drop
I will Pay ? for this domain
Drops Caught by DNForum
Find Products that can be drop shipped
Commercial Customer Service
Exclusive Club

etc.

noones saying you MUST buy an exclusive membership to chat here or conduct business
only that if the services mentioned above are worth the extra costs to you.

I for one like the idea and might jump on as an exclusive member

I still have to lok at the services a little more. but if you are AT ALL serious about the domain business the cost really isn't that much.

it's just extra services that the administration is offering these all cost money to run and maintain

I think it's a good thing to try :)

although i'd be weary about trying a "lifetime" membership - time will tell :)

I comend Adam and the rest of the administration on trying out innovative things

welll time for me to go sell some more domains to be exclusive :)

cjmacd

iwebwork.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Edwin
The only way Exclusive might succeed is if it attracts lots of new outsiders. There's frankly no benefit at all in Platinum members that go on to become Exclusive, since we could already all talk to each other in our own private "club" - we're not magically going to become more professional/more willing to divulge secrets/etc. just because the name of the club has changed!

So it all boils down to the NEW BLOOD i.e. how many people come here and go straight to Exclusive level before participating, and WHO they are.

Personally, I believe most of the very biggest players probably couldn't imagine anything WORSE than being in a discussion forum with wannabees (from their perspective - when you're at the top of the hill, every direction is down) - what are they possibly going to learn that they haven't already found out by spending tens of thousands of dollars per day on buying domains?

- we're not magically going to become more professional/more willing to divulge secrets/etc. just because the name of the club has changed!

that's very true Edwin
the only value I see in it is in the extra services you get
If I were an exclusive member I would still hangout in the regular platnium forums and share the same information we have been all sharing
I guess it comes down to what you plan on doing in your domaining business the "free" web design logo etc. has a certain amount of value to me in the form of time.

the Commercial Customer Service has value to me

even other services like Find Products that can be drop shipped

have some use to them

it all comes down on what yoru foucus is and how much in time energy money would you be spending on doing that yourself .

if you look at it that way the exclusive price tag seems to bring itself down a bit

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
MODERATORS

If we aren't going to lose anything, then why are we unable to view profiles? How are we supposed to research individuals prior to doing business with each other? Can we only research each other by trusting members titles; gold, platinum, exclusive?

I first mentioned this two days ago and, once again, no official response:

http://dnforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37833

PLEASE RESPOND

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Exclusive forums are now open to Platinum members for 30 days.

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey moderator.... How about responding to my inquiry....

Is that too much to ask?

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by brn2h8
Hey moderator.... How about responding to my inquiry....

Is that too much to ask?

This is being investigated at the moment, please be patient there is a lot going on and it may be a little while before there is a further comment on it.
Thank You

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mr Webname,

Thank you for taking the time to let me know.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Apologies for the delay - Profiles have been switched off as an additional security measure. Details of members have been abused and this action will help toward preventing this happening again - there had been complaints about spamming etc.

Contact can be made by PM and personal arrangements made for exchanging of details etc, that way everyone is protected and responsible for the security of their own information.

It's an inconvenience but trends on the Internet cause us inconvenience in many directions - hope that explains things. :)

.com.net.org

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think member can choose to display their email or no in member profile section.

And there's a global setting for this in vbulletin admin control panel.

I agree to disable this feature for added security measure as I did to my board. :)

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mr Webname
Apologies for the delay - Profiles have been switched off as an additional security measure. Details of members have been abused and this action will help toward preventing this happening again - there had been complaints about spamming etc.

Contact can be made by PM and personal arrangements made for exchanging of details etc, that way everyone is protected and responsible for the security of their own information.

It's an inconvenience but trends on the Internet cause us inconvenience in many directions - hope that explains things. :)

UPDATE:

Profiles have been switched back on - users please make your own arrangements to protect your email by switching off if you so desire.

.com.net.org

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Mr WebName :

If possible, send email announcement about the changes.
Can be some changes in one email.

Looks like dnforum has changed much.

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Monthly change announcement would be good. --As well as announcements regarding new features, auctions, offerings, etc. I really miss the mail-outs Greg had done. I'd started paying attention to them. It was a good job. Commented on this before, so I don't know if its practical.

~ Nexus

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's a good idea Nexus, the idea of a "Newsletter" type of feature is being discussed but no concrete decision as yet. It has a lot of support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom