Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Expired January 2001?

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rrand

I have been trying to get a domain name that expired in January of 2001. I've been trying for a while. What does this mean? Is Network Solutions holding onto good domain names for some reason?

Domain summit 2024
R

rrand

Yes, after reading through this thread I noticed someone post a domain name that expired in 1998 and asked pretty much the same question. My apologies for wasting everyone's time.

Compain to ICANN. You complaint will only "pile on" the existing thousands or tens of thousands, but every little bit helps.

We are trying to get a standard drop practice defined and enforced, and real complaints are always interesting.

-t

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by rrand
Is Network Solutions holding onto good domain names for some reason?

Same thought occured to me, based on the names on my tracking list. The good ones registered directly with Netsol take forever to drop, the not-so-good ones seem to drop within 2-3 months.

I've a January 2002 tracked name that just got kicked off the root server 2 weeks back. It's not so good (well at least for most people). Still hanging in the air.

devolution

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I used to be on the NetSol Domain Policy mailing list, and I was in email contact with someone at NetSol and I told them about domains I was interested in that were on hold and they deleted them for me. Haven't heard from them for ages though :-(

ad-lib

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I use to work for NetSol. And for our Christmas bonus they use to give us all those great on-hold domains. Car.net & Sexy.com are some of my favorites that they had given me.

MillerTyme

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
devolution
Likes Sandra Bullock

Local time: 07:41 AM

I used to be on the NetSol Domain Policy mailing list, and I was in email contact with someone at NetSol and I told them about domains I was interested in that were on hold and they deleted them for me. Haven't heard from them for ages though :-(>>>>>>>>>

Are you joking or REALLY serious ? One of my friends used to date the brother of a tech guy when it was NSI and told me she got three good names that way. I thoguht she was pulling my leg.

DO tell. ;))

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators