Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

expirefish

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

luckyphil

Been using expirefish for about 3 weeks and 3 particular names that I have been monitoring have expired and then been re registered by someone else. Have not had any successful registrations with them as yet.

How have you found the expirefish service? Successful or not?

Phil

Domain summit 2024

Nic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
expirefish = exipre + fish = rotten smelling fish :)

Overall I have been pretty successful in getting names. The other day expirefish grabbed 3 names for me. Compared to snapnames and namewinner I am still pleased with them. Whether or not they can beat ultimatesearch and some of those guys I do not know
:)

DNForum

Forum Announcements
Official Account
Reaction score
A couple weeks ago expirefish got me a 3 character [letter]-[letter].net, I just wanted to try it out, and they did get it for me. But I did put some other names in there and they never got them for me.

I have actually grabbed some very cool names(and even sold one) using the service, for the money the service cost it is definately worth it.

Originally posted by Dan
A couple weeks ago expirefish got me a 3 character [letter]-[letter].net, I just wanted to try it out, and they did get it for me. But I did put some other names in there and they never got them for me.

Might be cheaper to buy that type of name direct from bennoart here :confused:

windyreddy

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Luckyphil, Expirefish is a miserable service. Don't even go near it.

They can't do a thing !! They could'nt get me anything !!

I wrote over 10 e-mails to them yet, seeking clarifications on my CC billing & I never heard from them.

It's a waste of time and money !!

I would refute your statement since I know 3 other people who use it with good results. If you are unhappy go to snapnames.
:mad:

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dan A couple weeks ago expirefish got me a 3 character [letter]-[letter].net, I just wanted to try it out, and they did get it for me. But I did put some other names in there and they never got them for me.

Hi Dan, I was eyeing 7K.net for a long time, which strangely expired but never dropped after a long time. I had the SnapBack on it for some time at SnapNames but it was grabbed by a Chinese Registrar, and later seemingly sold by them to a 3rd party. It's pretty futile trying to get these names. I have now given up trying. :mad:

P.S. Sorry if this is off-topic but I sent you several personal emails over the past several days regarding our earlier marketing correspondence with no reply. There way a recent bug at my Pop3 email server so I am not 100% sure you got them and that may be be why you never responded. Did you, if so I would appreciate a reply. Thanks. Dave

DNForum

Forum Announcements
Official Account
Reaction score
Originally posted by RealNames

There way a recent bug at my Pop3 email server so I am not 100% sure you got them and that may be be why you never responded. Did you, if so I would appreciate a reply. Thanks. Dave

I don't think I got your recent e-mails, you can pm me it if your e-mail still isn't working right. :)

L

luckyphil

Thanks for the replies and varied oppinions.

On the whole i'm not really happy with the service, even though it doesn't cost much for the service (or lack of).

Something else that I have noticed with the service is that a couple of names that I was monitoring have actually expired and when I have logged into the account and checked the whois, the name has been available to register, but the expirefish software has not instigated the registration. So, the system definately does not work too well.

That said, their program aparently updates every 4 - 6 hours so I may have by coincidence logged in, in that particular time frame before the system started the reg.

Who knows?

Anyway, thanks for your replies..

Phil

M

mike

Even the public list of ExpireFish's name grabs doesn't look all that impressive.

Phil,

If the Expirefish system as a matter of design lets domain remain available for 4 to 6 hours before issuing the registration command, there is no way that Fish could beat Snap or NW or any private scripter for anything.

Are you sure that the name was actually available when you checked, or did you just see the Whois fail to update for a few hours before your reg data was shown?

L

luckyphil

Hi grabby,

Yes, definately, because I logged out of expirefish and registered the names through the registrar that I usually use.

Regarding the "4-6" hours, I think the service adds the name to their monitoring service after that time but, I log in daily and use their whois service to check manually if the names have expirered and that is how I found that they are not registering the names after they have expired.

Phil

M

mike

Grabby, Who do you use? Know of any other options besides Snapnames, Expirefish, and namewinner? With a handle like 'grabby', I figure you might know.

M

mike

What good is that if they are so slow? Could it beat out BD and Ult Search if they were going for the same names?

I have been going after drops for a long time, but on a very small scale compared to some of the folks we talk about here. I went after names several years ago using just a simple Whois monitoring script, but times have changed.

I've had the most success with Snap and NW, and to a lesser extent, NicGenie. I generally hedge my bets by using a shotgun approach when there is a name dropping that I need. I've occasionally used 'private' sources for a particular dropping name that I already have a buyer for, but in today's climate, this is usually not cost effective for me. I'm sorry that I cannot share more about some of my other acquisition resources, but grabby's gotta put food on the table, too.

I am nowhere near a big enough player to currently compete with those who have their own registrar deals. Especially lately, it seems that Buydomains and Ultsearch have been pretty dominant. It's a futile gesture I know, but I've moved the couple of names I had at a few of the registrars who've sold out to BuyDomains (Domainzoo and 1eNameCo are the obvious ones, but I'm sure there are more) to other rar's that I like better anyway.

L

luckyphil

Quick update!

Expirefish is a waste of money..

Lost another 3 names today that I was monitoring and another had expired and their system had not registered it.

So, logged out and registered it elsewhere.

and......cancelled my account!

Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators