Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

cctld Feb/16 Auction Liter.ca Moderator.ca Hammerthrow.ca etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Funds sent for barrelracing.ca...change of registrant initiated at NamesPro.ca

Domain summit 2024

canames

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
jaydub said:
My bad...I thought it was 15 minutes anti-snipe and it is now 10 minutes.
I was over 10 minutes from the last bid by canames so the name belongs to them...my apologies.

jaydub said:
..if they don't want it I will take it off their hands though...

Well, I kinda do want barrelracing.ca

I thought I had won it at 9:57 Eastern time, because 10 minutes went by without a bid on it.

But I think my solution below would work well :)

tedgeman said:
Looks fine Jaydub :)

tedgeman said:
You can bid for any names as long as the auction is open ;)

That's not really intuitive from the rules that were outlined though... I guess you're saying as long as any bidding is going on for any domain, all domains are open for bidding?

That can create weird situations though... for example, Candomain had placed a $15 bid on woofer.ca 2 days ago... so at 9pm last night, with the only bid, they probably thought they had won it.

But bidding went on until 10:04pm (and could potentially go on for a long time). So if someone could come in at 10:13pm and place a bid on woofer.ca, that seems kinda tough for Candomain... because it means they would have to stick around on the auction as long as any bids are going on (over an hour in last night's case).

In this case for barrelracing.ca, due to the confusion (I was thinking the same as what jaydub said above, that the anti-sniping was per-domain and not auction-wide), maybe you could just cancel last night's auction for barrelracing.ca and put it into the list for your upcoming auction? That seems like probably the fairest solution, because then any interested party can bid on it again. Or if you'd rather sell now rather than later, could I take it for $65?

In any case, thanks for posting the auctions :)

Also, just a correction about the winning bids - you had me down as winning these:

sioux.ca 80
bmxbike.ca 20
Moderator.ca $20
constructioncompany.ca $60
freightcontainers.ca - $15

But "Candomain" was actually the winner of the latter two :) And he also bid $15 on woofer.ca and blisters.ca back on Feb 15

Last edited:

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
canames....
I waited for hours after the auction to go ahead. You were viewing the thread for a quite a while after I posted and you said nothing. And now after I have gone ahead and sent payment and initiated the transfer...after the OP saying everything was OK and you not responding..you have decided you want the name?

Look...someone either refund my payment and send me my money back and you can have the name (Tedge can decline the transfer request)....or approve the transfer.
I am not wasting any more time with this. No second auction...you can have it as I said originally.

Last edited:

canames

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
canames....
I waited for hours after the auction to go ahead. You were viewing the thread for a quite a while after I posted and you said nothing. And now after I have gone ahead and sent payment and initiated the transfer...after the OP saying everything was OK and you not responding..you have decided you want the name?

Look...someone either refund my payment and send me my money back and you can have the name (Tedge can decline the transfer request)....or approve the transfer.
I am not wasting any more time with this. No second auction...you can have it as I said originally.

I was busy and it was late at night (especially in my time zone). I monitored the thread and started to write my reply while also doing other stuff, but I wanted to be thorough in my explanation (like my above post) and didn't have time for that last night, so I (reasonably) expected that doing it early this morning would be alright.

I didn't expect you to be so quick on the trigger and send Tedgeman the payment in the middle of the night, after what you had written in your last post last night ("as long as canames confirms they don't want barrelracing.ca"... lack of a reply right away isn't confirmation of anything...). You kind of jumped the gun in initiating the transfer so quickly. Yeah, maybe I could have taken the time to reply right away, but by the same token, you also could have waited at least till the morning before proceeding with anything.

A PayPal refund is pretty simple and instant, and NamesPro could even refund your transfer payment (or apply it as an account credit), so it doesn't seem like a big deal really. I think adding the domain to the upcoming auction would be the fairest solution, given the confusion about the auction rules.

Anyway, it's Tedgeman's auction, so I'm alright with whatever he wants to do.

Last edited:

Tedgeman

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
"Anyway, it's Tedgeman's auction, so I'm alright with whatever he wants to do."

First Off thank you Canames for your willingness to pursue a quick resolution.

"I guess you're saying as long as any bidding is going on for any domain, all domains are open for bidding?"

YES, This has been the process from my other auctions, so I will continue to implement this, but I will outline exactly, what you have written in the front of my forum explanation, to clarify better :)
So, this is why I mentioned for Jaydub to proceed with a transfer request.

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
canames...I didn't mean to be that harsh if it sounded that way. I just assumed that all was a go. After waiting for a few hours and no response from you though you were online, I went ahead......

OK...I have accepted the name...If you want it PM me in the next 48 hours. I will let you have it for what I paid for it ($65 cdn plus NP transfer fee $13 cdn). EMT or add 3% if via PayPal.
You can then request a transfer to your NP account. You will end up with a name with 2+ years on it.

That is all the time I want to spend on this....

Cheers
j

Tedgeman

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
canames...I didn't mean to be that harsh if it sounded that way. I just assumed that all was a go. After waiting for a few hours and no response from you though you were online, I went ahead......

OK...I have accepted the name...If you want it PM me in the next 48 hours. I will let you have it for what I paid for it ($65 cdn plus NP transfer fee $13 cdn). EMT or add 3% if via PayPal.
You can then request a transfer to your NP account. You will end up with a name with 2+ years on it.

That is all the time I want to spend on this....

Cheers
j

As always Jaydub...total class...this is why I do business with Canadians:)

Candomain

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Payment sent, thanks, good deals.

constructioncompany.ca $60
woofer.ca - $15
blisters.ca - $15
freightcontainers.ca - $15

Premiumhosted

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nice auction Ted, looks like I missed out. Congrats on the sales.

Tedgeman

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nice auction Ted, looks like I missed out. Congrats on the sales.

This was a tough auction for me, and I think there was some great deals for the buyers, so congrats to some sharp domainers:)
I think most of us .CA Domainers, know these are worth quite a bit more, in any other auction, and thats the way it should, I sell because I,m top heavy and need to carry fewer domains. Not because, my faith in the CA market has weakened. There are domains in the xxxx range, that I cannot put out there because the prospect for a realistic price, is probably not there.
More people then ever, are looking for ways to make a few bucks online, Google and Yahoo are doing better, than most companies during this downturn, so a strong web presents is more important then ever. Of course, having a terrific domain, is an important part of that equation. I will continue to run a limited number of auctions and once they,re done, its up to others to blast away.lol
I,m considering an auction with a $100 minimum, with $10 increments, maybe this will entice a few members to put in some domains, most domainers can not stand the onslaught I suffer, with a $15 min :)
I will add some domains to the up coming Feb21 Saturday Auction soon, thanks in advance to all who bid.

canames

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Nah, it's okay, you won it based on the auction rules. I see now that as Tedgeman mentions, the bidding process for the previous auction worked like that too (being auction-wide).

So it's all good :)

Payment sent, Tedgeman

Thanks for the auctions :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators