Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Flowers.mobi sold for 200k

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Amazing!!

Fun.mobi went for $100k.
Also went to a different buyer...amazingly spirited bidding.

.mobi is now a serious player!

Provider

www.mike.ca
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
re: .mobi is now a serious player!

this is what exactly they want you to say. I see hidden agenda there. First of all you know who bought this flowers.mobi ? I think event organizer bouht it . Nobody in the right mind would pay that much. You could just contact this person with flowers.mobi and buy this name
for 5k ha ha ha, now we all suppose to think that .mobi is a serious player because some guy that wants to spend insane amount and show
some spending for the tax break?

seanboy

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is there somewhere that I can find out what names were sold today and for how much. I'm talking about all of the names in the live auction, not just .mobi.

Creature

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This reminds me of the .cc name that was sold for $100k or was it 1 million and some questioned it. What was that name ?? Anyway perhaps flowers.mobi 200k is not so much for those bidders with very deep pockets at the auction.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
re: .mobi is now a serious player!

this is what exactly they want you to say. I see hidden aganda there. First of all you know who bought this flowers.mobi ? I think event organizer bouht it . Nobody in the right mind would pay that much. You could just contact this perosn with flowers.mobi and buy this name
for 5k ha ha ha, now we all suppose to think that .mobi is a serious player

Hi Mike,
that's what i thought. however it was on reserved list, so couldn't approach seller. It sold for what it sold for. TBH i am amazed, but i am constantly amazed what sells on sedo etc everyday.
Great news for .mobi owners. There are no negatives to be took, except to see how long this gravy train runs for & when, if ever to get off.
cheers, Pred

Vision

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Provider:

I suggest you wash away your ignorance. Nobody owned Flowers.mobi.

Please read this info from the .mobi registry:
dotMobi (mTLD Ltd.) chose to reserve and allocate a number of common words (i.e Flowers.mobi CellPhones.mobi Sex.mobi, Poker.mobi) and phrases in an equitable manner other than a traditional “first-come, first-served” basis. This is in line with dotMobi’s contract with ICANN. The objective of the Premium Name list is to:

1.) Create a more level playing field in the allocation of these names
increase the likelihood that these domain names will more promptly provide the mobile community with new features and services
2.) Preserve the stability and security of registry operations

The Premium Name Application Process for Trademark Holders ran from 12 noon GMT on 15th September to 12 noon GMT on 13th October 2006 and was administered by the World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO). Now that the WIPO process has concluded, dotMobi has commenced the allocation process for the remainder of Premium Names. Sales are ongoing until 2008 through Auction(i.e. TRAFFIC) and Request for Proposal (RFP) processes.

Therefore, you or I could NOT call "John Public" and negotiate a price for Flowers.mobi -- the dot-mobi registry along with ICANN held Flowers.mobi along with thousands of other PREMIUM .mobi domains(i.e. wow.mobi, Poker.mobi, Sex.mobi, etc). The registry is releasing these PREMIUM domains thru various venues (TRAFFIC, ebay, RFP, etc)

Michael

RatherGood

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
this is what exactly they want you to say. I see hidden agenda there. First of all you know who bought this flowers.mobi ? I think event organizer bouht it . Nobody in the right mind would pay that much. You could just contact this person with flowers.mobi and buy this name
for 5k ha ha ha, now we all suppose to think that .mobi is a serious player because some guy that wants to spend insane amount and show
some spending for the tax break?

What a great idea! Thanks!

I'll just "contact the person" who owns chat.mobi or music.mobi and offer them $5k for it so they don't have to go to the trouble of fake-auctioning it.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When did dnjournal say they were gonna wrap up the auction in their article? Was it tuesday?
Pred :hungry:

Provider

www.mike.ca
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
guys, I would never contact owner of flowers.mobi, I just don't like this name, I don't think it worth 5k even. What I am trying to say is that if you have 200k to spend on mobi you don't have to go to the auction, you could buy 300 other genric mobi names just by contacting the owners directly.
Agree?

Creature

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What I am trying to say is that if you have 200k to spend on mobi you don't have to go to the auction, you could buy 300 other genric mobi names just by contacting the owners directly.
Agree?

Agreed........unless you have money to burn.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Flowres.mobi is getting close to $12 but still no takers yet.

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
guys, I would never contact owner of flowers.mobi, I just don't like this name, I don't think it worth 5k even. What I am trying to say is that if you have 200k to spend on mobi you don't have to go to the auction, you could buy 300 other genric mobi names just by contacting the owners directly.
Agree?

i think 5k is way undervalued, if any names succeed in dot.mobi I would think flowers would be one of them, most men wait till the last minute to order flowers, and would want to order them for wives girlfriend while on the road, and i would suspect it would bring a good income to flower delivery service

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When did dnjournal say they were gonna wrap up the auction in their article? Was it tuesday?
Pred :hungry:

1st Nov they said they would publish the TRAFFIC article, so i imagine the sales list will get updated around the same time.

:wink:

ctc

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Insane: One of four reasons this happened:
1. Publicity Hype to promote .MOBIs (the co.s involved)
2. Buyer is a complete newbie
3. Buyer has invested a lot in .MOBIs and hyped this for his own benefit
4. Buyer has money to burn and could not find a lighter

GoPC

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Insane: One of four reasons this happened:
1. Publicity Hype to promote .MOBIs (the co.s involved)
2. Buyer is a complete newbie
3. Buyer has invested a lot in .MOBIs and hyped this for his own benefit
4. Buyer has money to burn and could not find a lighter

Buyer was Rick Schwartz... Only the most prominent, most successful and most revered, learned and feared of all Domaineers for I don't know how many years now.

1 - not
2 - No way
3 - Notta
4 - Certainly has the money, but he's never burned a dime

This was a solid buy from an industry expert.

Pay attention.

GoPC

biznews

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Guys, why don't we let the market determine whether this was justified or not. The domain market takes time to evolve. Simply commenting in one momentary instance does not make flowers.mobi either a quarter million dollar name or a 5k name. Time alone will tell.

There are so many phony transactions going on in the domain business to hype domain values. The majority of them simply buy into the hype readily endorsing someone owning a good name as an authority and an expert. Please!

Unless this industry is regulated (like real estate), we will never truly know what a domain is truly worth.

Well, we can always check ppc revenues and traffic stats. Can we not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators