Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Flowers.mobi sold for 200k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Domain Jedi

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Dear Forum,

I can settle this matter at the next T.R.A.F.F.I.C. conference. I will sell MusicVideos.mobi & Vlog.mobi at the next live auction.

The results will give us a clearer indication of where .mobi stands.

Sincerely,

Craig

mjnels

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I simply
don't understand how people paying high $$$ for .mobi names in a month after landrush? If they are holding all good domain names than I don't want to invest any money in that extension. Just think about it - we are not going to see on the forum generic one word dictionary .mobi names for sale!

I dont understand why flowers.mobi would sell for 200k either, but hey..its a live auction, and it sounds like both of them had their heart set on it from the gitgo..

However, im going to disagree with you about one word dictionary words not being available.. i own several.. there were some holes in the premium list.. in fact, many one word dictionary terms are still available (though i advise those registering them to use good discretion), i just registered navigators.mobi yesterday.. maybe not the best name in the world but its worth the $16.98 for 2 years imo..

Ian

DNF Exclusive
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nothing short of total hype made flowers.mobi sell for $200k. Neither can I rule out the possibility of people having worked out a strategy backstage to see to it .mobi sells for good $$$ to jump-start a lame .mobi extenstion!

ctc

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Buyer was Rick Schwartz... Only the most prominent, most successful and most revered, learned and feared of all Domaineers for I don't know how many years now.

1 - not
2 - No way
3 - Notta
4 - Certainly has the money, but he's never burned a dime

This was a solid buy from an industry expert.

Pay attention.

GoPC

I still stick to my opinion and couldnt care less who the buyer was....

I highly doubt Rick is really paying 200k for a .mobi and if he is, he truly has more money than sense. My guess is that there's a lot more to this deal than meets the eye, like a 99% or 100% discount when it comes to sending the cash.

Probably set up by the people behind .mobi to create a buzz around premium names and drive up the prices. Sell one for free and cash in on the rest.

- Rob
great! so im not the only one thinking that!

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
godaddy has crashed on mobi, its shows all premium mobis are now available !

mjnels

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
man, i sure am glad i participated in a landrush that had enough hype around it to have a conspiracy like this take place - free advertising already!

godaddy has crashed on mobi, its shows all premium mobis are now available !

the mobi registry is down right now i think..

you are looking up names on the .mobi whois now? i thought u hated the whale

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
man, i sure am glad i participated in a landrush that had enough hype around it to have a conspiracy like this take place - free advertising already!
Now that I can sink my teeth into. They say buy the sizzle, and this thing has sizzle. I think I'm gonna spend some lunch money on this issue after all. The conspiracy ideas are fun, and having seen the actions of the other registries, who wouldn't question it? It worked in any event, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Moniker and Rick get some kindof brokerage deal on the release of the rest of the premiums. I'm betting a buck on it, do I have a taker on the other side?

namewaiter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
a question for all you doubting thomases....

if flowers.mobi sold to the operators of flowers.com for $190,000
(which was probably their last bid as they were the ones in the bidding war) would you still be so skeptical?

it was also said that anything.com bought fun.mobi for $100,000- are they behind the hype machine as well?

RatherGood

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is too funny.

First mobi was only for newbies. Now all the mobi auctions were fake and the buyers don't have to pay and are also stupid and/or newbies.

Whats the next stage of .mobi denial? The mobi registry is really being run by the cylons? :rofl:

namewaiter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is too funny.

First mobi was only for newbies. Now all the mobi auctions were fake and the buyers don't have to pay and are also stupid and/or newbies.

Whats the next stage of .mobi denial? The mobi registry is really being run by the cylons? :rofl:

exactly too many people here are just reaching and trying to justify in their minds why they were so smart not to buy the hype and register any .mobis

it will just go on and on, well only phone related will work... well some products might make sense... well navigational info may make sense... well news and scores i guess... well entertainment might, but .. but .. but

ctc

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
a question for all you doubting thomases....

if flowers.mobi sold to the operators of flowers.com for $190,000
(which was probably their last bid as they were the ones in the bidding war) would you still be so skeptical?

it was also said that anything.com bought fun.mobi for $100,000- are they behind the hype machine as well?

Diplomatic answer: "beauty is in the eye of the beholder"

Logical answer: Yes and Yes

namewaiter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Diplomatic answer: "beauty is in the eye of the beholder"

Logical answer: Yes and Yes

so your stance is ANYONE who buys a .mobi is part of the evil plan ... remember that was only 9 of the 6000 premium names - this is going to be one big conspiracy!

ctc

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i dont have a stance.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is too funny.

LOL

Well said. I think all the .mobi deniers should act out a forfeit.
Today i lost to my friend at Golf for the 10th time in a row. Yes, i'm sh*t, but he's good!
I stupidly agreed to go round town dressed as a chicken if it ever happened 10-0
Well, the chicken suit is downstairs & i am out in an hour or two.
does Acroplex & any others want me to DHL it over?
Okay...then.......give the denial a break.
Pred :yo:

Provider

www.mike.ca
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
don't get me wrong, mobi like any other extension has right to exist. I am not denying mobi as an extension. I just don't understand how new extension can go for xxx xxx. Please don't try to convince me that Flowers.mobi is an extra quality domain name that worth 200k. On the other hand as I mentioned previously all these costly purchases will be filed as an expense to reduce taxes. It will be interesting to see where mobi will be in few years. I personally don't like the extension myself as an extension, i think they could do much better and introduce .m or .something else, but still thi sis another international extension and nice to have it. :)

namewaiter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
don't get me wrong, mobi like any other extension has right to exist. I am not denying mobi as an extension. I just don't understand how new extension can go for xxx xxx. Please don't try to convince me that Flowers.mobi is an extra quality domain name that worth 200k. On the other hand as I mentioned previously all these costly purchases will be filed as an expense to reduce taxes. It will be interesting to see where mobi will be in few years. I personally don't like the extension myself as an extension, i think they could do much better and introduce .m or .something else, but still thi sis another international extension and nice to have it. :)

maybe, just maybe ... .mobi isn't being viewed as just another new extension - maybe the buyers have the foresight to believe that the mobile web will offer the user a different experience and .mobi site requirements and corporate backings will help make that happen

Nova

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, the chicken suit is downstairs & i am out in an hour or two.

:smile:

but its worth the $16.98 for 2 years imo..

Who's giving that kind of pricing? Or is that per year?

BTW, I can see how the people behind flowers.com might want to snap up the mobi even at $xxx,xxx, but does anyone really think there's going to be an amazingly profitable market for people out on the town deciding they better pull out the phone and order flowers on the way to their dinner date and so forth, and they'd better use .mobi instead of any other tld? Just wondering...

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Clear example, how some guys want to make bread out off shit.

mjnels

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
well one thing is for sure.. all the .mobi threads will make for some good reading 2-3yrs down the road..

its interesting and refreshing to see a lot of opinions on this..

there are people who blindly support .mobi
there are people who blindly doom .mobi
there are people that are skeptics but own .mobis
there are people who are skeptics and do not own any .mobis..

but these will be golden threads in a couple years
one crowd will likely be saying "i told you so"
but the funny thing is really none of us knew what would happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators