• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed Forums.com - Received great offer!

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
90k resseler maybe more end user anything 200k 500k who knows forums are becoming more popular good luck with it great name .
 
If the offer is "great" as you say, then you should consider selling!
 
Adam....PM sent....waiting to hear back...

Tony
 
I wouldn`t sell for under $100k.
 
Theres so much you can do with this domain


car.forums
Sports.forums
Etc..


Nothing under 100K
 
The aforementioned appraisals are too low.

Estibot suggests $225,000 -- for a reseller I would agree.

However, my estimation to an enduser for Forums.com is at least $600,000 - $700,000

Adam, good luck with the transaction! :)

-Michael
 
Last edited:
A++ name.

I feel this name can fetch $500,000+ to the right buyer.
 
dont sell under 500k

Btw, why not redirect it to dnforum.com in the meantime? It can't be making much rev.
 
If I were you...and owned this name, I would not sell for less than 500k...and may not consider anything less than 7 figures. If It were me...and I owned this name I would consider selling at 150-250k (of course if the ROI made sense).

The reason I say this is that you seem to know a thing or two about forums and may have an amazing business plan for this name which will make you mid 6 figures + each year. If that is the case and you don't need to raise cash right away...why settle for less than 7 figures?

I found myself turning down a 300k offer late last year for this very reason...on a great domain name I know a thing or two about in the category it defines....and am developing into a real site, with a real business plan behind it (and sinking real money in it)....there are many people who would have sold for half the offer I got, but I believe I know how to maximize the potential (and I hope I am right).

Hope this helps. Good luck with the negotiation.
 
As you well know, it could be better to wait than sell at current prices.

However :-)

"Great" Offer? If you consider it to be a great offer, then it sounds to me like you already have a gut feeling that you should begin negotiating...

Cheers!
Scott

ps: mid to high xxx,xxx imho
 
I have sent an offer last year, it's not a lowball offer btw.
I found the email is familiar so I took a double check in whois info. Then I realized I'm wasting my time and the owner's. :)

Sell! If the "great offer" is in $150k+ range!
 
The plural has almost 50% less results in Yahoo and Google.

I'd say no less than 200K end user.
 
I would say this is the category-killer name. With evidence that monolithic sites may/will own an increasing share of internet viewership, think of this as the center of all internet forums:

forums.com/cars
forums.com/sleep
forums.com/healthcare
forums.com/lawyers
forums.com/domains (sorry, :))
forums.com/dogs
etc.

I would value near $400-500k.

Cheers,
 
This could be a HUGE development project, and could overtake ezboard one day
as the biggest forum provider.

I'd only sell if the offer is above $350K
 
500k to 750k seems about right unless you have a big end-user on the line..then I could easily see seven figures for this name. The plural in this case is good as it's more business directed as far as forum development & programming/admin services go. If the offer is over 700k on it, I say it's a square deal. Over 1 mil, definitely sell.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom