Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Free to register - some great .org.uk domains are available

garyhkirk

Reaction score
OK, I know that .org.uk domains are not that valuable, but it's worth searching in your niche if there's one that you could develop.

As an example, I picked up python.org.uk today, which I will build a site dedicated to UK Python events, meetups, jobs etc. The registrar made me aware that snake.org.uk was also available - not for me, but shows the amount of stuff out there.

Please post what you get if you do have a look.

Reaction score
There's not much market for undeveloped org.uk so often you see nice dictionary words.
For example dropping tomorrow there are control.org.uk, pasta.org.uk, hold.org.uk, and the next day drawing.org.uk etc.
The search engines don't seem to mind them but really they need developing in my opinion.

Reaction score
I got same kind of proposals for .sale, .forsale domains.

The registry pay high for them, when it does not sells or registers they say "you have got good discount".

Reaction score
I don't quite understand what you are trying to say.
The reseller value of .org.uk has nothing to do with what tagholders/registrars charge to register them. The registry doesn't pay anything - they are the people who sell them to registrars. ie They control the whole zone.

Reaction score
I got a message from name.com that .sale, .forsale is going for huge discount, they usually don't email to me. Also in the email there was no logo or header of name.com. So, it may be a scam also.

My point is investing in .org.uk, .sale or .forsale have very less demand not selling and don't have high registrations.

So, they may be promoting or scamming.

Reaction score
UK domains don't work like all these terrible new extensions. The 'registries' of new extensions are not the owners - they pay ICANN (the real owners) a startup fee and yearly fee to 'run' them. They then have registrars. Those registrars have clients.
Nominet (the owners of .uk namespace) are the equivalent of ICANN. They provide domains to registrars who then sell them to the public. Nominet do not vary the pricing - it costs £3.75 + tax for each domain. The registrar then puts their profit on top before selling to the client. There are many places in the uk namespace that are known for selling domains to the public for little to no profit (123reg etc). Therefore all this registar is doing is suggesting similar domains to ones already registered. They charge 7 euros for registration.
This differs from .forsale firstly because the .forsale registry can charge whatever they want to their registrars - they are not really the owners. Secondly because they are new and not a country wide extension, and thirdly because it is in *their* interest for other registrars to sell lots of their domains - ie there is one more level of profit taking between the client and icann.
Also the 'registry' of a gtld can go bust, or quadruple their prices overnight, or can just shut down etc. The uk registry cannot - it is a (supposedly) non-profit organization.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Latest Comments

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com