Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

cctld FYO.ca Canadian Domain Name Website PR3 80 Original Articles, Original Reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

COR

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

So I guess I won? Please PM your Interac email address.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
465 at namepros @1806

COR

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I placed 456 within the 5 minutes period so domain should go to me. Please confirm

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 09:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------

This is crazy. You can't really post a bid from another forum at 9:11 saying it happened at 9:06. What a mess.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Last bid I can confirm on time was at 18:06 - sorry.

I won't be doing it this way again - only here on dnforum and only posts no pms or emails.

Last edited:

COR

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The 5 minute windown expired with my $456 offer and I believe domain is sold to me for this amount.

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

Please confirm that I won the domain for $456. This business of running an auction on multiple places is least to say quite strange.

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

I am calling foul on this. You posted about the 9:06 bid at 9:11. At 9:14 I placed at $475 bid. Domain is mine.

I need a moderator to move this to disputed section.

This is not what I expected from my first auction at dnforum. I am extremely upset.

---------- Post added at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

I have sent a message to moderator namefox and am awaiting resolution:

I should have won this domain. The seller posted at 9:11 that he received another offer at 9:06 and since it was a 5 minute window, it means that it was impossible for me to bid. I placed an offer within 2 minutes of the being informed of the 5 minute window and since no other offer was placed within 5 minutes, domain should be mine. Please advise

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am committing to the namespros.com offer. I did my best to keep up with the offers since I have two people also emailing - both of whom I asked to post here or there and they both offered more than what was offered on the threads - one substantially more. But I can only confirm what is publicly posted. It was a courtesy to extend time. Obviously posting in one forum is the solution for the future. Sorry things didn't work out for you.

COR

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So bottom line, seller whitebark, started an auction on dnforum for fyo.ca, instituted a 5 min antisniping rule. At 9:08, I placed a $460 offer. At 9:11 he comes back and states that there was another offer of $465 placed at 9:06, i.e. 2 minutes before my last offer. Because the 5 minute extension, 5 minutes after 9:06 is 9:11. In other words, he waited 5 minutes after offer from other forum, so that the 5 minute extension period is over and no one else can get the domain.

Really great auction whitebark. And to top this off, it was for a banned user!

Are you kidding me?

What a load of $@!!#$.

How to move this to disputed section?

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 PM ----------

You need to cancel this and start another auction for the same domain that is fair and transparent without the pms, emails, hidden messages, delayed notifications, and banned users crap.

What you have done is extremely unprofessional and in extreme poor taste.

You screwed this up and now are telling me basically me tough luck?

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's not to the banned user - the user posted clearly at namepros.com. The banned user was emailing - and I'm not taking those offers - I asked them both to post here or there to avoid just the headaches we see.

I did my best to watch them all and the fact that I couldn't post for a few minutes is a result of that not some intention to screw you.

You can see my feedback at both places - I'm not in the business to cause grief and my many years of 100% feedback can attest to that.

COR

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Again...What you did was extremely unfair to me and competely bizarre and strange. You need to respect the rules you placed. You stated 5 minute extension after any bid posted. Last bid you posted here from another forum was at 9:11. I have till 9:16 to place my bid. At 9:14 I placed $475. So at 9:14, I have the highest bid. After 5 minutes and no more bids coming in, I win the domain.

These were your rules. So please honor and respect them.

Otherwise cancel this auction and restart it.

I really do not see where anyone can believe there is another solution to this. I wasted enough of my time here only to be screwed by you?

And you are saying you have 100% positive feedback?

Unbelievable.

Again I won the domain. I need your payment info unless you want to restart the auction.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The last offer I can confirm was 18:06. I did my best to read through emails, pms and refresh websites in the time in-between and posted as quickly as one could humanly do. It clearly states in this thread that namepros had offers as well - you could have taken some personal responsibility and ensured your offer was indeed the highest if you wanted it that badly.

Sorry I am taking the only offer I can confirm by time-stamp in a public place. That offer was publicly posted at 18:06 - no other publicly viewable offer came by 18:11. Perfect - no. Equitable - yes. Time to move on buddy.

COR

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
First of all I am not your buddy. I do not wish to be the buddy to anyone that does not honor his own rules, does not understand the meaning of professionalism, transparency, and fairness, and who has no issue to screw me in cold blood. I am however someone that came to this auction in good faith, played within your rules, spent close to 90 minutes refreshing this thread to make sure I am still the top bidder, and because of that got screwed by you.

That's really it. I guess you do that often since you are not even getting bothered by this.

As for your suggesting that i should check other forums..Really? You're serious? What else do you want me to do? Read your emails and pms?

Was checking other forums part of your auction rules? Where did you specify that for anyone to participate, they should also keep checking other forums?

I placed an offer at 9:08 and you advised at 9:11 that there was a prior offer, 5 minutes earlier, i.e the full duration of the anti-sniping period! I then placed a bid 2 minutes later and well within the 5 minute period and still you refuse to honor your own rules.

This smells extremely bad. What's even worse is that have this attitude that you did nothing wrong. Did you read your own rules? Did you honor them?

And if you really believe it's time to move, well I am afraid that ain't gonna happen. You screwed me because I played by your rules. You wasted 1 hour of my time to make a backend deal with your banned friend and/or whoever else. Loads of crap. Bad smell. Poor ethics. No professionalism.

Rules are created so that the process is fair. I've never heard of a person discarding and trashing his own rules and still believing he is this outstanding dude with 100% feedback.

What a joke.

How do I get this moved to the disputed section?

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Read your PM.

COR

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
PM read and responded. No deal.

I won the domain. The correct and honorable thing to do would be to accept this outcome. If not, then cancel and restart the auction.

Anything else, I am not interested in.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I made you an equitable offer for your time. I will sell to the other party at namepros,

COR

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I made you an equitable offer for your time. I will sell to the other party at namepros,

You're joking right? You offer me a domain that is not worth reg fee and decide that it is worth 90 minutes of my time? WTF?

So now you believe that my hourly wage is $7 per hour? How dare you?

What a twisted poor taste joke this whole issue is.

How to move this thread to the dispute section?

I am still thinking that someone will come and tell me that I was had on April Fools' Day. I guess I am a fool for thinking I was dealing with a professional and an honorable person that is a long time member of this forum with 100% positive feedback and that such a person can be trusted to act honorably, fairly and transparently. My bad.

Maxwell

Formerly known as grcorp.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You're joking right? You offer me a domain that is not worth reg fee and decide that it is worth 90 minutes of my time? WTF?

So now you believe that my hourly wage is $7 per hour? How dare you?

What a twisted poor taste joke this whole issue is.

How to move this thread to the dispute section?

I am still thinking that someone will come and tell me that I was had on April Fools' Day. I guess I am a fool for thinking I was dealing with a professional and an honorable person that is a long time member of this forum with 100% positive feedback and that such a person can be trusted to act honorably, fairly and transparently. My bad.

I second the movement to put this in unresolved. I normally make an effort to not take sides in disputes, but this was not fair to anybody on either forum.

I believe that it is Whitebark's duty as the seller to ensure that he can allow the auction to proceed according to the rules which he, himself had set. This is one of a few possible consequences of a multi-forum post; you gain exposure, but at the same time must be able to balance things between the forums. With privilege comes responsibility. Neglecting said responsibility brings on problems such as these.

It's my opinion that the only solution to this problem is to re-list the domain at dnforum.com exclusively.

It really isn't fair to COR to say "you could have taken some personal responsibility and ensured your offer was indeed the highest if you wanted it that badly.", since he has no way of knowing just how high the other offers are, especially when they are coming in through a host of media - from dnforum, to namepros, to email, and your PM - notifications for which you receive immediately, while COR does not.

How is he supposed to know what the highest offer is? That said, on what basis is he supposed to be able to make an offer which is, in his eyes, "indeed the highest"?

Also, according to your rules...

"NOTE - Should there be more than one person with an offer right at the end to be fair to all I will extend for five minutes the offer window. Time stamps from the forum board will decide the winner."

I'm no expert, but "the forum board", when referred to on a forum, usually refers to the board of said forum, which in this case is dnforum.com.

In addition, nowhere in your original post did you say that this would be a multi-forum post.

Too many things wrong with all this. I say re-list.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've notified the other party that it may be re-listed and I haven't accepted the EFT payment.

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

Okay after reading through the thread I can see now that I didn't see the post(s) made by COR at 06:08 PM. Had I seen that I would have continued taking offers. I thought my post at 6:11 PM was the next one.
I await word from the forum mods.

Zoobar

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would simply let the 2 parties continue bidding privately with you until resolved.

mikeyboy

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Not sure why wait for Mods. Right or wrong members have been multi-posting for years "email" offers etc. You have been paid, honour it. IMO
If not, then relist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom