• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed GenerateIncome.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, this is getting crazy.

I just got another offer from them -- they met the $3500.00 I originally asked for!

So, I ordered a 30 day premium listing to see if there's any other interest, and took off the asking price.

I have some serious thinking to do now. I'd get $3150.00 and Yes, I could DO something with that.

This is insane. How do you all sleep at night with all of these negotiations going around in your head??
 
If this is driving you crazy, SELL.

I suggest (again), price your domains before you get an offer. Then when you get an offer, compare it to your price. If it is greater, take it - no need for negotiation. If it is less and you don't want to negotiate, say no. I defy anyone to tell me that a "good" domain name is worth less today than a reasonable verifiable offer they rejected ten or even five years ago.
 
DomainsGT said:
If this is driving you crazy, SELL.

I suggest (again), price your domains before you get an offer. Then when you get an offer, compare it to your price. If it is greater, take it - no need for negotiation. If it is less and you don't want to negotiate, say no. I defy anyone to tell me that a "good" domain name is worth less today than a reasonable verifiable offer they rejected ten or even five years ago.


She did put a price to that domain name before getting an offer. it was $3500 and the buyer has met that.

Deerfern, take the money or you will regret it afterwards. $3500 is enough to create a new cash cow for yourself. If you need advice like for example what kind of website to create, where to find quality coders for cheap etc, PM me
 
They are offering your asking price...what more could you hope for?

Time to take the deal!
 
(( I just got another offer from them -- they met the $3500.00 I originally asked for!

So, I ordered a 30 day premium listing to see if there's any other interest, and took off the asking price. ))

If I was the one trying to make the deal, you would be out of luck pulling that. I would smiple tell you, well I see you pulled that listing and asking price as well. So my offer is now off the table, and wish you the best of luck selling it. You did not even try, to work with them when they was making offers to you.

You can get the .us, .cc, .biz and .org at reg fee for the domain. And the .net is for sale as well, vistitors to your listing 6 that is not very many. I also see you got 4 offers on it, and 42 uniques in 32 days with 1 MSN link and that is all.
 
I agree - take the money and close this thread.
 
I guess my problem is I actually want to make a residual income off it instead of selling. I think I need to decide if I am a daytrader or a long term holder.

And the offer is binding for 7 days. I can list on Sedo to see if there's interest without breaking any rules. Sedo even suggests it.

I did list without knowing the value. If the value is $3750 - $4900, and .com's are going up -- that's where I'm not sure I should sell yet.

Guess what I really need is how I can make money with the domain if I DON'T sell -- if I put money into it (Petrosc -- I will pm you) what can I make with it, on a monthly basis, if I do .... what? How do I make this profitable ?
 
I think you missed the point here by a mile, and if sedo is telling you to do this. Then I would think hard and long, before I would ever work with them.

Think about how you would feel, if some one done what you done to you. You are off on a go start, to getting a bad name for selling domains. As I said I would not deal with you, you are not dealing fairly with some one that has been more then fair with you.
 
Make the sale at 3,500 , even though its a generic you will have to brand this particular domain if you want to go long term with good income, which will cost you much more than that , also it seems you have no experience in developing at this time , take a portion of the sale and develop something on another reg fee domain to gain experience and keep the majority of the sale for profit , point being is that this domain is not bringing instant profitable traffic already so you could do the same development on another domain at the same cost and be ahead already, my 2 cents.
 
PM sent.
Carol, in order to see if this domain name is worth developing, you have to see if it gets any traffic. If it gets many type ins, then you can think about developing it. If it does not get traffic, or gets little traffic, then you will spend money on advertising to get people to come to your site, money which you would spend anyway with any other reg fee domain. So if your domain does not get traffic, then a reg fee domain is as good as this one. Take the money and turn a reg fee domain into a cash cow. Read my PM, i wrote you a big letter with suggestions
 
You are getting good advice. Take the money. I would'nt even risk trying to get an extra $200. It's obviously worth the money to them but could easily fall in love with another domain. Good domains are great. But they are the first step. Developing it well into a good website & the owner having good marketing skills etc & good ideas are more important. Take the cash, now!
 
The only thing im going to say is "dont get too greedy" and screw your sale.
 
SouthernTn said:
The only thing im going to say is "dont get too greedy" and screw your sale.

Agreed - you got a good price. Make the deal and go buy yourself something nice...
 
imo...

if you don't need the money, then wait.

it's a very good name for listing "income opportunities", particularly "work at home" opps.
 
biggedon said:
imo...

if you don't need the money, then wait.

it's a very good name for listing "income opportunities", particularly "work at home" opps.

I think the best she can do is take it and develop.

deerfern said:
I think what the problem is -- is that with all the domains I own, I want to develop something that will give me continual income, not just a quick sale. I have some serious money problems, (as we all do) and $2500 (which is what I will get after Sedo gets their commission) really won't fix it. I can just wait and still get there, I'm working full time. Also, I really didn't expect this (any offer). Now I know it's worth something :)
 
You have been given sound advice on here by fellow members who are mostly far more experienced than yourself,please listen to them and you wont go far wrong,either sell at 3.5k or develop (which could cost you more with marketing) and as you have no money i think the first option is best.Good luck !
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom