Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed Give me your opinion on dnmarket.com?

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chris

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
1. How much would you pay for dnmarket.com (just the domain name and as a developed site)?

2. How much would you think it's worth to other speculators (just the domain name and as a developed site)?

3. How much would you think it's worth to end-users (just the domain name and as a developed site)?

Thanks for your time,
Chris

P.S. - Thanks for providing this great forum.

Domain summit 2024

DnPowerful

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I like it.

I think it's worth a grand or two, and $5k on a good day.

Good luck...

IMHO, it's a bit "obscure" as of what DN stands for.
Realistically, I would say it's worth $200 in a resellers market.
As a developed site, you can get anything, perhaps $1,000 or more.

Good luck!

I agree with timechange, not many people would know what "dn" stood for. I'm not sure that it is really worth anything.

DnPowerful

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Anyone who's in the business would know what 'DN' stands for, and many more on the periphery, and that's enough to make it worthwhile.

I myself have brokered more than a few 'DN' names at $1-$2k.

dnpowerful,

only a domain speculator would be familiar with the term IMO, many people in business wouldn't evene know what a "domain name" was, let alone "dn".

DnPowerful

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Many people don't know what a domain name is?

In fact, after doing this for 9 odd years, I have found that I need not explain domain names very much anymore to people I meet.

You'd be amazed how many people know what domain names are. Non computer people, non-geeks...

It's amazing how many people spectate the business of domains, but have no real sense of what domains sell for on a daily basis.

I personally would pay between $500 and $2k for dnmarket.com if I was setting up a domain site, and that's all there is to it. :D

In my experience a fairly large % of younger people tend to know what a domain name is, and perhaps 30% of people in business. The rest need to be told that its a "website address".

I'd be very surprised if you were really willing to pay that figure, $2000 is what reasonable one word names and very good two word names go for these days.

chris

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I appreciate your opinions and your time.

Thanks,
Chris

ad-lib

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
$20-$100 depending on what one would want to pay for it.
I dont see it getting much more because it's just two letters in front of the word market.

Sure you can make the assumption of DN standing for Domain Name, but still....Theres tons of other available options, that you can use.
DSmarket.com (Domain Speculator market) ect ect.

chris

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Dan,

Just curious: If before you bought dnforum.com, you had the choice of buying either: domainnameforum.com or dnforum.com (only one choice), which one would you have chosen?

Thanks,
Chris

DNForum

Forum Announcements
Official Account
Reaction score
Well, first of all domainnameforum.com was already taken when I got dnforum.com. But if both were available I would have probably still stuck with dnforum.com, just because it's a whole lot shorter.

Depends who the buyer is targetting - if its people in the domain industry then its ok (just not as guessable as "domain" or "name" prefixed terms).

If its end users, then it doesn't work as "dn" is a trade abbreviation.

It is true that many (read most) people don't know what a "domain" or "domain name" is. Company owners should know, IT staff should know, geeks should know and domain hobbyists should know - but thats a fraction of the public at large.

But they DO know what dotcom is - it's the internet. You want proof? Look at the lay people jokingly saying things like "beer.com" in general conversation. Ask them what beer.com actually is and how many would say "its a domain name" rather than "its the internet" or "an internet site".

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators