Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

GoDaddy.com Cease and Desist Letter

Status
Not open for further replies.

WINNA

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Dear Mr. Geaney,

We are contacting you regarding your accounts with GoDaddy.com and your
interactions with our Executive Accounts Team. While we appreciate your
business, Go Daddy has the right and obligation to protect its employees
from abusive or threatening communications received from customers. We
will also notify law enforcement of such activities when necessary.

Given the threats that you have made to some of our employees, and the
nature of some of your previous interactions with our staff, we believe
that it would be in the best interest of both you and Go Daddy for you
to obtain your services from another registrar/provider. As you know,
there are a number of companies that provide web-related services, and
we are confident that you will find one that meets your needs.
Therefore, we request that you discontinue utilizing all Go Daddy and/or
Wild West Domains' services within the next 30 days. You will need to
transfer your domains to a new Registrar and obtain a new provider for
any hosting and other services which currently exist in your accounts
within this 30-day period. Your accounts will be locked on June 5, 2010.
After that date, you will need contact the Office of the President to
complete the transfer of any remaining domain names in your account(s).
It is your responsibility to timely transfer the domain names to another
registrar.

Please log into your Go Daddy accounts and unlock your domains in the
Domain Control Center prior to attempting transfer, as locked domains
may not be transferred. Should any of your domain names be utilizing
privacy services from Domains by Proxy, the privacy services will also
need to be cancelled prior to transfer. Additionally, you will need
access to the Administrative email address listed on the domain
contacts, as this is the address where the transfer codes are sent. Any
other contacts should only be updated after the domain is in your
account at your new Registrar. We strongly urge you to save copies of
all emails in any of the email boxes tied to your accounts, as well as
to perform a full backup of all hosting files and databases, should any
exist.

Because of the threatening comments that you have made to several of our
employees, we must insist that you cease contacting them, and that any
further communications you have with Go Daddy and/or Wild West Domains
be limited to our Office of the President, which can be reached at (480)
505-8828, Hours: 7AM-7PM, M-F and 7AM-5PM, S-S, MST (AZ), or through
email at [email protected]. Should you need additional information
on how to proceed in getting your domains transferred to a different
Registrar, or you have any other questions, our office would be most
willing to answer those questions so as to make it as smooth a
transition as possible.

Sincerely,

Office of the President
[email protected]
GoDaddy.com
14455 N. Hayden Rd. Suite 226
Scottsdale, AZ 85260
(480) 505-8828 Phone
(480) 275-3975 Fax

WINNA

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The last time I contacted GoDaddy.com was to fix an error with a ccc.com domain name that wasn't forwarding properly. I rang Tess Diaz an account executive, and there were no threats made. That phone call was made over 2 weeks ago. Apparently someone had called them yesterday, and made threats in relation to an old account and domain name that was in my name. Yet they will not go into any more details.
I had no warning of this email, and this is the first email I have received from GoDaddy.com about this issue. A threat was made to them over a year ago, and that was due to them not placing two stolen domains back into my account. After the threat was made, the two domains were placed back into my account.
I have over 1000 domains with Goaddy.com and feel that since I have been a customer since 2005, thought that they would have been more helpful since contacting them about this issue.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Given that this is the guy that faked the SS.com sale and is also a neo-nazi, nothing would surprise me....

dn-101

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Tell'em you're a teenager in love with Bob Parsons.
They'll let you live :smilewinkgrin:

silentg

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
so are you in the process of transferring the domains? or still talking with the President?

WINNA

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
so are you in the process of transferring the domains? or still talking with the President?

We are a talking to a representative of the Presidents’s office named Brian, who states that we have to transfer all our domains, and that this email is the first and final demand from GoDaddy.com.

When I say we, my parents have also received the same letter as well now. It seems whoever made the threats yesterday to GoDaddy.com, has now involved my whole family as well, and their accounts at GoDaddy.com

We have tried to get information about what has just happened from GoDaddy.com, yet they will not release any information to what was said yesterday by this so called anonymous person.

websuccess

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well thankfully, I have never gotten one of those letters from them and I have said lots of threatening things ....

All warranted I might add

unfortunately, they are another necessary evil in the web universe that grew too big and have too much power like ebay, paypal, and the likes.

The worst companies that dont give a rats ass about you like the government because you are just another disposable member and there's millions more where you came from.

Not to defend that its ok.... but when I spend over $10k a year with them for several years and they dont care about you are even your very important portfolio I feel I pay to tell them whatever I want and have to the right to do so. There job is to accept what I have to say - good or bad! The customer is ALWAYS right.

BTW - they screwed me out of over 100 premium names that were in my account for years. Which I am sure employees snagged up or told friends to.

Godaddy is as crooked as they come. Like upping fees a whopping 30% so they can put out more crappy superbowl ads.

Bob thinks hes a marketing genius. Hysterical.

WINNA

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What I don't understand is why they didn't inform the law enforcement or authorities after my threat last year.

Now they give us another bullshit excuse, and another reason why we should send our business elsewhere.

All we want to know is who is making these decisions, and are they coming from Bob Parsons personally, or his team?

AustinWeb

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Bob doesn't get involved with day-to-day issues. You could get an attorney & file a court order to get a copy of their documentation. Meanwhile they can cancel all your registrations (its in their TOS) without further warnings. It's time to learn how to chill out and start making deals with other registrars so you can move your inventory. IMHO it is pretty stupid to be making any sort of threats when you have that many domains in jeopardy. Good ole common sense says it is stupid to yell or threaten the clerk on the other side of the phone, they don't control all the aspects of a billion dollar company. You can bet it was previously documented and as we all know, you are probably not sharing the full story with us.

It is pure insanity to intentionally cause trouble when you could instantly lose that large of an inventory, all the money you have invested and the revenue generated from the sites. I believe Moniker still has a special arrangement for large transfers where they temporarily defer the transfer fees for a small interest charge. While I'm not saying they aren't at fault, you are in a situation you can't win.

INVIGOR

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

WINNA

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Awe yes... Our old friend Mr. Jeff Geaney... I didn't realize he was still on this forum.

http://www.dnforum.com/f17/geaney-com-acquires-ss-com-1-25-million-thread-286060.html

www.geaney.com (quite different from when the above thread was hot)

http://acro.net/blog/2008/03/17/the-dark-face-of-nazism/

http://www.myspace.com/jeffgeaney

WINNA: World Internet Names Numbers Authority

If GoDaddy dumped you, they probably had a pretty good reason.

Appreciate the links Invigor. Gr8 work m8.

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

And now a classic quote from our Dear Friend Bartholomew Simpson.

www.IDidntDoItNobodySawMeDoItYouCantProveAnything.com

---------- Post added at 09:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

Bob doesn't get involved with day-to-day issues. You could get an attorney & file a court order to get a copy of their documentation. Meanwhile they can cancel all your registrations (its in their TOS) without further warnings. It's time to learn how to chill out and start making deals with other registrars so you can move your inventory. IMHO it is pretty stupid to be making any sort of threats when you have that many domains in jeopardy. Good ole common sense says it is stupid to yell or threaten the clerk on the other side of the phone, they don't control all the aspects of a billion dollar company. You can bet it was previously documented and as we all know, you are probably not sharing the full story with us.

It is pure insanity to intentionally cause trouble when you could instantly lose that large of an inventory, all the money you have invested and the revenue generated from the sites. I believe Moniker still has a special arrangement for large transfers where they temporarily defer the transfer fees for a small interest charge. While I'm not saying they aren't at fault, you are in a situation you can't win.

Invigor is taking care of my biography......he might be able to give the full story since he knows so much.:cool:

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 PM ----------

Awe yes... Our old friend Mr. Jeff Geaney... I didn't realize he was still on this forum.

http://www.dnforum.com/f17/geaney-com-acquires-ss-com-1-25-million-thread-286060.html

www.geaney.com (quite different from when the above thread was hot)

http://acro.net/blog/2008/03/17/the-dark-face-of-nazism/

http://www.myspace.com/jeffgeaney

WINNA: World Internet Names Numbers Authority

If GoDaddy dumped you, they probably had a pretty good reason.

You forgot this one while your at it Invigor......Lift your game next time and catch the ball when it's passed to you.

http://www.dnforum.com/f557/paypal-scam-stolen-domains-recovered-thread-365026.html

:smilewinkgrin:

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 PM ----------

Now where was I before I was rudely interrupted......Ah that's right....which registrar wants to take on board all our shitty worthless domains and our insatiable need to make threats when they do not return domains that belong to us……maybe all the domains that so called expired and where sold on TDNAM.com, where not ours in the first place……and where did those funds go to…….that’s right everyone, to pay for the GoDaddy.com chopper that Orange County Choppers made….OMG the big bad wolf GoDaddy.com wants to take all of our domains. I am soooooooooooo scared.

Three hits will be made in this war.

1. Me hitting GoDaddy.com

2. GoDaddy.com getting knocked out

3 Everyone hitting every domain I own.

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

Just to clarify hit #2.

GoDaddy hitting the floor and getting knocked out for good......Now take all of my domains you gutless group of faggots.

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

And BTW GoDaddy.com's (TOS) means 'terms of scam'

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 PM ----------

:asleep::asleep::asleep:

Wire

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you did nothing and cannot in any way shape or form be proven to have anything to do with the recent 'threats', I would get a lawyer and pronto. Anything else is just a rant.

WINNA

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you did nothing and cannot in any way shape or form be proven to have anything to do with the recent 'threats', I would get a lawyer and pronto. Anything else is just a rant.

There is a team already on this case.......just killing time before we cut their juggler vein.

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

The 'juggler" is refering to the circus they are running at GoDdady.com

The correct term is 'jugular vein'

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

Just a bit of humor before there is bloodshed.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What I don't understand is why they didn't inform the law enforcement or authorities after my threat last year.

So you did threaten them? Just because it is coming in now doesn't mean this isn't part of their decision.

Now they give us another bullshit excuse, and another reason why we should send our business elsewhere.

Then do it.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I also believe that GoDaddy would not have responded in this manner and sent out such a stern letter without first consulting their legal team.

For them to take such actions and make these accusations of the receiving end of the letter should not be taken lightly.

When I read something like this:

"Go Daddy has the right and obligation to protect its employees from abusive or threatening communications received from customers."

"Given the threats that you have made to some of our employees, and the nature of some of your previous interactions with our staff..."

I have to conclude that there is a history here of threats and abuse.

And I also have to conclude that GoDaddy is serious when they put this in a letter: We will also notify law enforcement of such activities when necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom