Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

GoDaddy.com Cease and Desist Letter

Status
Not open for further replies.

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That's one side of the argument.

No, that's the law. Welcome to the United States. We have a Constitution. A Supreme Court decision is not an "argument", it is the end of the argument. There are many other countries in which you may live. Find one.

INFORG

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No, that's the law. Welcome to the United States. We have a Constitution. A Supreme Court decision is not an "argument", it is the end of the argument. There are many other countries in which you may live. Find one.

Do you preview things before you post? Is this really what you are saying - that once the SCOTUS decides, that's it, STFU and move on? Really? There can't be debate/argument over whether a "law" is moral, necessary, just, appropriate, constitutional, etc? Whether the court decided appropriately, considered all of the arguments, had the scope wrong, created unforeseen consequences?

Have you told your buddies on the left to STFU about Citizens United? Maybe they just couldn't understand you? Pause your Obama fellating a moment so your words aren't garbled.

There are many countries where you can cut off debate completely when people disagree with you - perhaps you want to move to one of those? Although I hear they don't have much use for lawyers in those countries :)

You and the strawmen you always ride in on are ridiculous

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

No, the crux of the argument here is not what the law is, or how the Supreme Court interpreted the law, but what the law should be, and/or how it should be interpreted.
Question: Should it be illegal to make racist comments? If so, why is the practice of racism in private businesses that much worse?
Moreover, should private businesses come under scrutiny for actions which are not clearly racist, bigotted, etc.?

---------- Post added at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 AM ----------

There are many other countries in which you may live. Find one.
Is that a request or an order?

INVIGOR

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
quoting twatus: "We are about to see some crazy shit about to explode into the domain business. If I am right you will start seeing this as early as next week."

I guess he was off a bit. Maybe next week? He seems to of gone silent in preparation though...

The guy is always a good source of cheap entertainment, huh?

LOL!

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
...he's preparing for the World Internet War...douche.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There is, however, no law in the US against discriminating against assholes.

quite correct. they tend to occupy the highest offices in the land :smilewinkgrin:
although this is not unique to the states. uk, russia, china, north korea, israel, ukraine, i could go on ;)

inernetster

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I glanced through the thread. All I can add is my personal experience with Godaddy has been great and they treated me like a king.
I called at least 75 times and had talked to different people and NEVER was I treated less than great or had any domains absconded.
They are the best to me and treated me and countless others I deal with the same.

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

after all the tangents on this thread go back to the beginning. My experience with godaddy has been the best and persinally I trust them and if they have an issue with someone it is well warranted

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Have you told your buddies on the left to STFU about Citizens United?

In fact yes.. Like most Supreme Court decisions, that one is widely misunderstood to be more sweeping than it is being played to be for political purposes. That is not at all unusual for the popular understanding of many decisions to differ markedly from what it actually is.

I believe we have exhausted the subject of this thread and, my difficult time permitting, discuss other issues elsewhere. Suffice it to say that I do what I do because I have the greatest love and respect for the document which I am sworn to uphold, and it is not just my employment but my vocation, in the classic sense, to defend the rights of others under it. There is a difference between principles and political opinions, and my principles in relation to the Constitution and laws of the United States are what drives me.

Any private business owner may refuse to do business with anyone for any reason, but simply not for a set of impermissible reasons. Thus GoDaddy can refuse business to anyone they find, in their sole right as a business owner, difficult to deal with.

There is a history and a subtext of our culture behind that set of impermissible reasons which relate to elements and impulses of our culture which we all understand, and which I believe we actually agree on the fundamental moral issue in question. Can any law be abused? Yes it can. Believe me, I completely understand that. But any philosophy can be followed over a cliff in blind fundamentalist consistency. The Founders were not simply fixing doctrines in stone. If that were the case, certain persons would still be counted as 3/5 of one, and be understood as property. The Founders were moving humanity and political thought in a direction which inevitably led to the 14th Amendment (and we got there a very hard and regrettable way). Likewise, our technology has given us a complex society and economy in which we are no longer fur-capped, rugged, and often lone frontiersmen. I am sorry to break that news to anyone here. But we cannot allow our worst impulses to impede the development of the potential of all persons' and each individual's pursuit of the blessings of liberty which are guaranteed under our Constitution which has consistently been amended to expand that circle of freedom. These are not easy lines to draw. Politics is simply one of the mechanism by which we draw them. I simply have an opinion on which side to err when drawing those lines.

Title II of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 simply falls into the category of "done deals". I disagreed with Bush v. Gore, but that doesn't mean I spent eight years pretending that Bush was "not really the president", the coming of the Antichrist, or someone who "hates America". There is a huge difference between (a) disagreement, (b) contempt, and (c) hate, and there is a time to know when to move on.

And with that, I suggest we agree to disagree without being disagreeable.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
John, you are one of these humans I'd like to see being cloned :D We need more of you.

myst woman

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
what about the customer's right to get active and knowledgable support?
I wish i had recorded some of the lame unprofessional and downright uninterested things (bracketed in the account support column) the godaddy people have said to me over the years, wait i think i have a few times.

1. make this a new opportunity for a registrar to give you a deal.(the registrar who could when godaddy couldn't)
2. make a site about the whole awful experience and repeat the keyword phrase "godaddy sucks, godaddy registrar epic fail" a few thousand times.
3. make a forum for decidely unhappy godaddy clients and use the traffic and ad revenue to pay for transfers.

if u build it they will come.

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
And I disagree to that.

And I disagree to that. :D

Seriously some are being probably too tight about this. While it sucks one does not really get to maybe
"force" Go Daddy or anyone to do what you want them to do, that same "right" or whatever we want
to call it allows us to choose whom to deal with and whom to eventually avoid.

mvl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Could the threats that were hinted at possibly have some relationship with what is quoted in this post ? If that is what they are referring to I can fully understand their standpoint. That is without doubt a valid reason to refuse a customer.

WINNA

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The lessons I have now learnt.

Do not trust anyone that promotes a .me web address ie. BobParons.me When did the USA become a state of Montenegro?

Do not trust a company that uses an email [email protected] when you end up talking to glorified receptionists, that make decisions that are based on fiction rather than fact, rather than talking to a president that should be making clear and rational decisions. If whoever was in charge in the first place made correct decisions, than it would not have got to the mess that it is in now.

The other facts are clearly this. I sold two domains on DnForum.com. The money went into my paypal account. The two domains were pushed. The money was then taken out of my paypal account. DnForum.com did not alert to the DnForum.com community that the buyer was already using fraudulent activity, and mind you they were alerted by another member. I contacted paypal.com to get my money back. Paypal.com would not put money back into my account. GoDaddy.com was then contacted and alerted that domains were in a bogus account. Please note that Adam Dicker was working at GoDaddy.com at the time. GoDaddy.com refused to act on phone calls and emails, with factual evidence that the domains were being held in a bogus account. GoDaddy.com locked the bogus account after heavy discussions. GoDaddy.com refused to transfer domains back into my account. After several attempts to get domains transferred, they deny my request for the final time. I send an email from Australia claiming to do things to Bob Parsons and co. I then receive an email with a form attached to push the domains back into my account. Form is filled out and faxed back to GoDaddy.com, and domains are immediately pushed back into my account. Nothing more is said and life continues as normal.

6 weeks ago a former associate rings GoDaddy.com and tries to claim domains that I own. The refuse to hand over domains and he threatens them verbally over the phone. They thought it was me that rang them and abused them. I said to go over the recordings to obtain voice authenticity to prove it was not me. Question? Why would I abuse GoDaddy.com over domains I already own?

7 days ago I update whois info for my domain, realising that GoDaddy.com is about to lock my account. I try to transfer domains, and told due to the 60 day transfer lock set in place by ICANN, that the domains cannot be transferred. I am now told that I can transfer the domains, yet I remember once when a buyer bought a domain from me, I could not transfer the domain due to the 60 day lock. Double standards set in place again.

It is going to cost me $10,000 to transfer all of my domains to another registrar.

If the platforms and the people in charge of these platforms are doing their job correctly everyone is happy, and when they are not, that’s when threats are made to try and fix the errors.

Enough said.

---------- Post added at 07:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 AM ----------

'domains'

enterpryzman

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There is a team already on this case.......just killing time before we cut their juggler vein.

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

The 'juggler" is refering to the circus they are running at GoDdady.com

The correct term is 'jugular vein'

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

Just a bit of humor before there is bloodshed.

I have nothing to do with this issue HOWEVER, I would suggest you refrain from making statements such as this in any way, especially on a public forum. Making threats of any type via the Internet can become very-very serious legal issues.
I would guess your statement to have been simply a figure of speech but, it's beyond you having that ability and this is just friendly advice amongst domainers.

Enterpryzman

WINNA

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That comment you just made is teetering on a knife edge...or am I jumping the GUN!!!

:eek::eek::eek:

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 AM ----------

I am sorry if I had to 'CUT' a long story short!!!
:scared::scared::scared:

---------- Post added at 11:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 AM ----------

But at least you know I shoot straight!!!

:boxing::boxing::boxing:

---------- Post added at 11:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 AM ----------

Now does this thread need any more hits or have I already hammered my point!!!

:smash::smash::smash:

---------- Post added at 11:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 AM ----------

Now you all know I am a GUN!!!

:laser::laser::laser:

INVIGOR

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Twatus has spoken...and the comedy continues.

WINNA

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You might have a chance at the senate in South Carolina

I'm actually thinking, since Barack Obama bought Obama.com for his next presedential campaign, I might use and run Geaney.com as his competitor. Just imagine an Australian running the US of A. I couldn't do a worse job than what is being done now, and with the amount of support I have from you guys, I would win for sure.

:smilewinkgrin::smilewinkgrin::smilewinkgrin:

---------- Post added at 07:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 PM ----------

'Presidential"

---------- Post added at 07:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

Twatus has spoken...and the comedy continues.

and if it's a comedy let's make it a 'black comedy' or did I just 'KILL' your joke.

:lol::lol::lol:

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

what about the customer's right to get active and knowledgable support?
I wish i had recorded some of the lame unprofessional and downright uninterested things (bracketed in the account support column) the godaddy people have said to me over the years, wait i think i have a few times.

1. make this a new opportunity for a registrar to give you a deal.(the registrar who could when godaddy couldn't)
2. make a site about the whole awful experience and repeat the keyword phrase "godaddy sucks, godaddy registrar epic fail" a few thousand times.
3. make a forum for decidely unhappy godaddy clients and use the traffic and ad revenue to pay for transfers.

if u build it they will come.

I recorded a great conversation from GoDaddy.com just 48 hours ago, where they put there foot in it big time. Now they won't let me talk to them over the phone and have stated all communication is to come via email only.

I would post the recording up here on the forum, but some moderator keeps pulling it down.
:):):)

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 PM ----------

'their'

---------- Post added at 07:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 PM ----------

Is this that same guy, thought he was banned from here?

Same guy??? Better check back through the history machine and see if I am in any WWII SS/Nazi footage. Maybe if you can correlate any of your fiction then you will find that I have never been banned from this forum.

:spy::spy::spy:

---------- Post added at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 PM ----------

What do I have to do with this?

-=DCG=-

Everything MATE!!!

---------- Post added at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

You are not entitled to know.

Any business has the right to refuse service to anyone, within certain limitations in the US.

For example, if I run a hot dog stand and decide I will only sell hot dogs to people with red shirts, then you are going to have to be wearing a red shirt in order to buy a hot dog from me.

I can also decide that I just don't like you, and refuse service to you.

What I cannot do, if my business is a public accommodation, is to refuse service to you on the basis of certain personal characteristics.

People often fail to understand this principle. A recent public example is KY senate candidate Rand Paul asking why a business can refuse to allow people in with guns, but cannot discriminate on the basis of race. He argues that the right to have a gun is a Constitutional right, so why can a business discriminate against one and not the other?

What Rand Paul does not understand is that a person with a gun can put down the gun, go inside, and do business, and that "having a gun" is not an immutable personal characteristic. In other words, if you are white, you can put down the gun, go inside and do business. If you are Asian, you can put down the gun, go inside, and do business. However, if the sign says, "No Asians", then someone is going to have a hard time doing business there, because "Asian-ness" is not something the Asian can leave at the door.

There is, however, no law in the US against discriminating against assholes. You seem to have run into that problem with GoDaddy, who has made, in their sole discretion, the determination that you are one. This is too bad, because assholes do seem to be frequent targets of discrimination.

Yes John, yet the quote you left out was...Opinions are like assholes, everyone's got one... so are you saying if you are an asshole or have an asshole you should be discriminated against?

:focus::focus::focus:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom