Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

GoDaddy.com - Review this Drop Catcher

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

impactadmin

Simply place FREE "back-orders" with us for your ideal domain names.

No Risk: It costs nothing to place a back-order. You pay our low minimum acquisition fee of $60 only if we are able to deliver the domain name to you.

Preferred Access: As a SnapNames customer, you gain access to the most valuable domain names from the world's largest registrars before they are available anywhere else.

Domain summit 2024

acronym007

Thankful!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have used TDNAM with mixed success. I lost of couple of domains because at the end of the autction you cannot tell what's going on. Snapnames handles the end of the auction best by allowing more time for system errors and other situations that might occur. I lost a domain even when I was the highest bidder so it didn't make any sense. When using this service I recommend you place your highest offer early or you risk losing the domain. I prefer this service over Pool.

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, tdnam isn't a drop catcher as far as I know.

Godaddy's backorders catch drops (sort of).

Momentum

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Terrible for catching .com or .net domain names. Very low percentage of registering decent domains.

Pretty good at catching the noncom's though - .biz, .info, .us, etc.

gingeman

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Never caught me jack s**t. No .com's no .eu's and no .nets. Love the company for registering new names, and overall use, but for catching names they are bad. Really bad. Haven't refunded me yet for all my .eu pre-regs etc yet either.

nWo

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
looks like godaddy is really bad at drops

yesbrilliant

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Didn't work for me, they could not catch a .com hosted in their own servers! I only continue to use them for backorder (1 domain) because they do Not refund my money...

coolguy

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Friends,
I wasted about 2 months catching names in go daddy .. Its sucks like any thing

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed that the new and improved (lol) GoDaddy/Wildwest backorder system does NOT have the ability to change the names on order? So you're stuck with your failed backorders till they upgrade.

Or -- You can ask for a downgrade to the old and lesser management panel and then you CAN change the backorders.

Call your favorite GoDaddy rep today, and ask to be downgraded.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've always paid $18.95 for a backorder and if they do not happen to secure the name I receive a credit for a backorder in the future.

They only capture 1/20 domains I have tried to backorder through them.

sudesh

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
1/20 sounds like a lot to me.. lol....

coolguy

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
1/20 Best to me. I was really pissed of by wasiting my time there. I thought no one works in godaddy backorder depepartment there.

May be 1 name will be waste in 1/20 . (Please do not offend it is just a guess)

Laird Mobi

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have tried numerous times to backorder domains through godaddy, i even brought approx 10 backorders and they have been working for me for months now, yet still not one attempt has been successful! I wish i just tried one backorder at a time. Thats $180+ roughly of hard earned money totally wasted. Godaddy seriously need to buck up and get working for their $18!!!

anderson33

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You get what you pay for...I thought I would try and save some money and catch some names for $18.95 with GoDaddy compared to $60.00 with some of the others...have yet to catch a name....have been using Snapnames with good success.

Varchar

ArcadeScript.Com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Godaddy doesn't allow you to change backorder name, but it allows you to cancel the current backorder and the credit will go back to your account for your next backorder. Just click your back ordered domain and click on the Cancel toolbar. It might confuse you that Cancel means going back to the backorder list. It actually brings to you a confirmation page where you can cancel the backorder for credit. It is less convenient than the previous interface.

I don't have much success in godaddy's backordering. Bought a lot of credits couple years ago, but I use it to grab crappy names that no one wants.

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What can I say.. If you want to backorder something other than 24-letter .biz domains with hyphens and numbers, go for another backordering service. I enjoy GoDaddy as a registrar, but their backordering service is pretty lame. :)

zangief

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well from my experince if you catch a domain with godaddy it means that nobody wanted that "poor , lonely " domain :).
Sorry about that.

Makis77

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i tried more tha n 20 times to backorder but no success in any of them

airwave

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I backorded 17 domains, all were regg'd through GD so I thought I stood a good chance since they were on their own servers.

They decided, without informing me, to send them to TDNAM for auction...:upset:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators