Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

cctld Going after end user on 3 Geo Dental domains need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

KING

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
LondonDental(.)ca
ReginaDental(.)ca
SaskatoonDental(.)ca

Going after an end user any suggestions what should I be asking for on these?
I dont want to ask to much and lose a sale but also not too little, what would you suggest the price would be

Thanks

Domain summit 2024

Maxwell

Formerly known as grcorp.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
LondonDental(.)ca
ReginaDental(.)ca
SaskatoonDental(.)ca

I dont want to ask to much and lose a sale but also not too little, what would you suggest the price would be

Thanks

I've found that $400 is the sweet spot for these types of names.

I'll be totally honest with you, don't expect $x,xxx. They're good names. And dentists, like most medical professions, do not recognize the value of domain names, as they typically work off of reputation.

The exception for me, was one particular dentist who dropped his name and I picked it up, not knowing that the sign on the outside of his practice read this very domain.

I'll never forget his exact words of "I'm only willing to pay you the $11.95 registration fee to get it back". He actually went to the effort, hassle, and expense of getting the outdoor sign changed to read his new URL, rather than to pay me likely less than what that cost.

The point I am trying to make is that this is a perfect example of perception of value. My experience is that it's hard to sell just about anything to people in the medical profession, let alone domain names.

So, I'd email around, counting on the possibility you'll get someone with some web savvy (which is clearly the case with www.reginadentalimplants.ca, found as the result of some brisk research on that name), but I wouldn't spend a great deal of time reaching out on these names.

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just looked at some dental businesses for sale yesterday. Gross billings 1.2 mill net cash flow $690,000

And you would sell him and industry and town defining domain for $3-400???

Not in this lifetime.

Add some zeroes to that price! LOL

Maxwell

Formerly known as grcorp.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

tt9000

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
LondonDental(.)ca
ReginaDental(.)ca
SaskatoonDental(.)ca

Thanks

Stop wasting your time on those, some end-users are extremely smart. . No offence but indeed I wish you the best of luck.

airmax

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
While it may appear they are rolling in money, don't be so sure:

http://blogs.wsj.com/health/2012/03/14/a-look-inside-one-medical-practices-finances/?mod=e2tw

To be honest with you, I was shocked when I saw this.

That article is so biased, first off the doctors themselves are receiving 6 figure salaries, and $36k for advertising, and they still pulled a profit.

You are better to hold onto names like that for a year or two more, $400 is a joke, it costs just that much for a 45 minute visit to fix a chipped tooth.

Stop giving your assets away at such cheap prices, these guys make a killing, and I agree, it is hard to move geo based .ca domains, they just don't get it yet.
They can spend thousands of dollars sending out these glossy flyers that go into the garbage, but can't spend a decent amount, on a domain.

I think you will see them coming to you in about 12-24 months, good names, a shame to let them go so cheap.

fwdtech

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The problem with dentists is that, although they spend 7 years post-secondary, it's not MBA classes.
The new dentists don't have the budget, and the experienced dentists don't see the need.
Most don't understand domain value at all.

AtTheLake

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When I looked at that article that seemed reasonable to me, for them on the books to only come away with a 30k profit, 1.7MM in salaries and benefits (for 3 doctors and 22 staff) even if you simply divide that number by 25 staff that gives a cool 68K a year salary to every one working there, which we all know is not the case.

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think that talking to people like dentists you would be better to send a letter. I would ask them how long their other advertising continues to pull clients after it's run ( about a week with newspaper) and how much they spend (hundreds or thousands) and how a one time purchase could continue to generate patients for decades. If I had the resources I would offer a package deal with a site built and seo'd for them.

Solve problems for them not yourself.
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators