• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed GoldenPoker.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ProPlay

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2004
Messages
135
Reaction score
0
How much can it go for?

min / max?
 
Not a poker player, but the name sounds nice. Probably $400+
 
ProPlay said:
How much can it go for?

min / max?


Do you have any traffic stats yet? Conversions?

Its a nice sounding name for a poker site so without traffic
probably $500-1k for domainer...for enduser well..thats pretty
much up in the air. I recently sold a poker name that was
getting a minimal traffic 1-3 clicks a day for $4k to a developer.

I would also add...and not that its definate...that Golden Palace
might not be fond of someone using Golden in it ... well other than
themselves ... goldenpalacepoker.com.
 
does 35,000 seem high for this domain?
 
ProPlay said:
does 35,000 seem high for this domain?

Yes, its very high for this one.
 
If someone is willing to pay it...no

But you haven't told us why you think its worth that amount....

Is it generating revenue to justify that amount? Do you have golden palace
or another casino interested? For an enduser it wouldn't be out of the question...
as branding is extremely important. To a domainer setting up a poker site....
or a reseller not a chance.

Personally, I think it would be great if you could sell it for that as
it would mean that a few of what I hold could sell in the same area.

good luck
 
I agree with this statement. If somebody is willing to pay you that much for it then that's how much it's worth to them. Yes, for many companies/end users branding is very important. For resellers it's not nearly as important. So obviously the only way you'd be able to get that much is from an end user unless there is a factor we are unaware of. I would say it's a high number but if somebody is willing to pay it then it only shows the power of a high quality brandable dot com domain. A lot of people have been suprised of at how much some domains have been selling for. If it sold for that much I would be some what suprised but I wouldn't say that it could never happen. Worse domains have sold for more. Better domains have sold for less. When selling to an end user it's all luck of the draw. Some are willing to pay much more than anybody could imagine and others are not. You just need to be lucky and hope that the right end user becomes interested.


izoot said:
If someone is willing to pay it...no

But you haven't told us why you think its worth that amount....

Is it generating revenue to justify that amount? Do you have golden palace
or another casino interested? For an enduser it wouldn't be out of the question...
as branding is extremely important. To a domainer setting up a poker site....
or a reseller not a chance.

Personally, I think it would be great if you could sell it for that as
it would mean that a few of what I hold could sell in the same area.

good luck
 
Very nice name, even if it has no traffic.

If I had the domain and GP contacted me I'd ask for $50k and settle for $25k.

Once I'd found out non of the major brands were interested in it then I'd be looking for about $5k-$10k - it's a great name.

Reseller value? I'd pay a grand for it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom