Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Good Price Per 500 Words???

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAllie

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
depends on your subject, i usually do on elance which may cost you 15 usd per article.

To what does this relate? It doesn't seem relevant to the previous comment (back in November 2010).

But if I were thinking of using any of the those already offering their services here, I'd want them, for a start, to use a capital letter for the first-person singular personal pronoun. :(

furca

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You shouldn't be paying any more than $0.01/word for articles.

Customized articles (with specific instructions) typically do cost more though.

excessivewriting

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Totally correct..Depends upon Quality...My rate is $10 per 500 words if single and discounts on bulk also...Quality is good but yeah on the other hand I agree that obviously not higher that $40-$45..but client's took my services because somehow budget also matters..

lappanion

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I used to run a bulk writing service (A- and B+ quality) and charged $7-$8 for 500 words, had many happy clients but I stopped because of lack of time and because of some unreliable writers...

I still take on order occasionally but nothing below 50 articles...

As well you will be able to find a lot of writers on DP offering their service for 0.007 - 0.01 cent per word but 99,5% of these are spun rubbish or poor quality or a mix of both LOL...

You can usually find B+ quality writers for about $6-$8 per 500 words, but it's not easy to locate them ;)...

excessivewriting

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Totally agree with lappanion..On DP tons of writers offering this kind of services but all are mostly creep , not so much helpful in PR and SEO.

anuj291

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DP is the biggest scam forum at the moment...
there is absolutely no moderation and the forum is useless now... i started my IM with DP and mde a lot of money there .. its sad to see what the forum has become...

With content you should only pick the best writers - You can always check our service (we have over 100+ve reviews at DNF)

lyrafire

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Forgot to add quote! Sorry. I'll do it over.

---------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 PM ----------

We pay $75 for 450 words to 600 words -- good content.

This is what I'm normally paid. If the assignment requires more than superficial research or if it's longer, I get more that $100 in some cases.

GuestPostShop

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am wondering where do you find a client willing to pay that amount per article.

Forgot to add quote! Sorry. I'll do it over.

---------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 PM ----------

This is what I'm normally paid. If the assignment requires more than superficial research or if it's longer, I get more that $100 in some cases.

lyrafire

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I get work through my website and through a writers' brokerage, where I have to compete against other writers to get the work. I have a few things going for me, also: native speaker, advanced degree in creative writing, my grammar and punctuation are excellent, and I understand SEO writing. I also research carefully and spend as much time as I need to write a piece. If the client wants an article of at least 450 to 500 words, and I see that it requires 700 to adequately address the topic without being wordy or sloppy, that's what I do. No one has ever complained to me that I went over the minimum word count.

In writing forums, I've seen plenty of "writers" brag about writing 2, 3 or 4 articles an hour. But a 500-word article that's very simple usually takes me about 2 hours, and you can see the difference in the final product, which I believe is why I'm often chosen over the 20-minute, stop-at-the-minimum, and don't-bother-to-research-or-proofread writers. Insurance brokers, lawyers, doctors and other professionals don't want crap on their websites. When they see what I can do compared to the guy they hired for $15 last week, guess who they want?

papadopulos

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I get work through my website and through a writers' brokerage, where I have to compete against other writers to get the work. I have a few things going for me, also: native speaker, advanced degree in creative writing, my grammar and punctuation are excellent, and I understand SEO writing. I also research carefully and spend as much time as I need to write a piece. If the client wants an article of at least 450 to 500 words, and I see that it requires 700 to adequately address the topic without being wordy or sloppy, that's what I do. No one has ever complained to me that I went over the minimum word count.

In writing forums, I've seen plenty of "writers" brag about writing 2, 3 or 4 articles an hour. But a 500-word article that's very simple usually takes me about 2 hours, and you can see the difference in the final product, which I believe is why I'm often chosen over the 20-minute, stop-at-the-minimum, and don't-bother-to-research-or-proofread writers. Insurance brokers, lawyers, doctors and other professionals don't want crap on their websites. When they see what I can do compared to the guy they hired for $15 last week, guess who they want?

This is so true, but it is so overlooked. A lot of people don't realize how important quality is. Just because something has the cheapest price does not necessarily mean it is the option to go with.

sashas

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm always a little surprised to see the kind of rates people quote for articles here (and elsewhere).

The problem starts from the rather fluid definition of 'quality'.

To one person, it might mean something that can get through the gates at EZA.

To another, it might mean something that can be featured on Forbes.com

You won't need to pay more than $1-1.2/100 words for the former.

But try getting the latter for the same price.

I can tell you from personal experience that you can get a LOT more mileage out of 1 single high quality blog post than from 100 crappy ones. By high quality, I mean something that can be featured at TechCrunch, not merely something that isn't riddled with spelling errors. For posts of this quality, even $100 isn't paying too high (top writers at Gawker, for instance, get paid over $80k p.a. along with insurance and 401k).

So again, what you pay will depend on what you're trying to become: another 'me too' crap affiliate blog waiting to be squashed in the next Google update, or a web property that AOL might want to scoop up for millions of dollars some day.

yanhuang

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree too that anybody paying more than $1 for 100 words is paying TOO much.

Here's 3 tips I have for anybody seeking articles:

1) Check our their sample articles because it will let you know the quality of their work.
2) Read their testimonials to see what their clients have to say, although this should not be your only metric of judgement.
3) Order ONE article to test out the quality! If it is good, order more!

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's SAD reading this thread. A friend of mine (whose writing appears on The Atlantic) is not willing to post anything even on his own website, because he thinks people should pay to read his works. I for one have alienated more than a handful of clients who are puzzled that I am not willing to even edit their copies. The truth is, when you pay peanuts, expect monkeys.

Maxwell

Formerly known as grcorp.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In my opinion, most content you find from "content writers", who write for the sake of content, is just the statement of facts. SEO juice for a site, and not really much more. It's for Google to read, not so much for humans to read.

This is why I've been able to write out 500-600 word articles in a matter of about 10-15 minutes. A wikipedia page on any given topic combined with some grammar and a little bit of a vocabulary will result in an article.

But this is not truly insightful content from an expert, and is exactly why professional bloggers such as my dad laugh at people who do articles for $5 to $10. He says his minimum rate for any blog posting is $250, and says that some analytical writing he does in the VOIP industry can command in the four figures per page.

You have to consider your audience. If your audience is Google, you can get away with $5 articles. But if it's for an audience that will actually read and take into account what has been said, that won't come cheap.

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think it depends on writer experience and the quality of content, so like that i choose the price for writer if sometimes i need writer for my any site.

ALGWorks

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think what you have to ask yourself when looking at article writing is: how much do YOU value your work as well?

I've been writing articles for clients for a number of years and I'll admit I started off on DP with the standard rate of $0.01 per word. After a while, though, this rate increased to a minimum of $0.02 per word when I realized that I tend to put a lot more work into them than most re-writers found on the forums and my clients appreciated the extra work I put into each article.

As a rule of thumb, if you're confident in your work and have a decent portfolio don't be afraid of charging $0.02 per word or more if it's quality work. I've been published in magazines around the world (I tend to travel between the US and Asia a lot) and for that sort of work I wouldn't charge less than $0.10 per word if it's on something I have in-depth knowledge about and could pump out easily.

In short - analyze yourself and your abilities. If you think you can be a strong asset to a client, prove it and put yourself out there as it. If not, charge less and work your way up there until you are confident in your own capabilities and believe you will be a strong asset to those you wish to help generate content for.

Vincent

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a good and experienced copy writer for my coming website promo. If anyone here know any copy writer please recommend me one. Or if you are one, please pm me and show me samples of your work. I favor a few memorable pleasant words over a whole bunch of them that tire my eyes to read. If your words can impact your reader, pm me.

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Heh, I have one writer who charges $1 per word. Needless to say she can't be beat. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom