Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Good Price Per 500 Words???

Status
Not open for further replies.

SEOxperts

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Heh, I have one writer who charges $1 per word. Needless to say she can't be beat. :D

The price might not be able to be beaten, the quality most certainly can. Obviously you meant $1/100 words or you'll be paying $500 for a 500 worded article. $1/100 words isn't the cheapest people pay but it is still pretty cheap and you'll get standard quality content at best. $2-5/100 words is still what I'd suggest is a good price to pay for high quality content.

Last edited:

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
when did price reflect quality?

just because someone charges more, doesn't mean they deliver higher/better quality

a person could be a damn good writer, but they are just starting out so they price lower to get clients and build referrals.

or

a person may charge more, just because they can and quality is no better.

SEOxperts

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

just because someone charges more, doesn't mean they deliver higher/better quality

a person could be a damn good writer, but they are just starting out so they price lower to get clients and build referrals.

or

Valid point.

The majority of writers who charge higher usually do produce far better quality and they also thoroughly research the topic beforehand.

I do agree that there are some amazing quality writers who are cheap but nowadays, they are hard to find.

Last edited:

ALGWorks

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I remember when I first started out I was charging $0.01 per word. Now I'm around $0.02 to $0.05 per word for a standard article and I still consider myself in the low-end range for what most people ask. Even so, it's hard to compete with the Indian markets these days where so many people are looking for quantity rather than quality and some agencies over there charge only $1 per 500 words.

Last edited by a moderator:

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Like most other COMMODITIES (including domain names), price reflects demand and supply. But then higher demand and/or shorter supply usually also translate(s) into better quality (not always but often).

And please allow me to say this again, most people in this thread are talking about so-called "writing" whose "audience" are search engines and NOT human. When a "writer" gets only a few dollars for say a 500 word "articles" (sorry for all the quotation marks, but you know they are there for good reasons), who on earth would expect it to be actually read?

I guess the point here is, who could write the best piece of junk that successfully tricks even good search engines like Google to think it's not spam.

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

or

You make valid points. For the most part, the points you raise refer to new writers building a portfolio, but it's not their normal rates. Generally speaking, though, in the content writing business, you get what you pay for.

There is a reason some writers charge more. Think about it logically. They're not charging more to boost their own ego. It's because they can, and clients are willing to pay the premium. It's hard to pay the bills charging more and not having clients.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom