Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Google Affiliate Network as a publisher - Have you used them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Curious to know who has used the Google Affiliate Network as a publisher, an example of advertisers you have used, and how your results have been.

On appearances, this looks to be a decent alternative to Amazon affiliates (since they dumped NC and several other states from their program now that those states demanded Amazon with hold sales tax from their affiliates).

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Do google have to pay the NC tax?
And are they Ok with it?

If yes you may join! why not?
No, Google does not have to pay.

And yes, I have already joined.

Would like to get some feedback from those that have used them.

This is NOT Google's Adsense or Adwords program but basically what Double Click has become.

It is much like CJ and Linkshare (which never did squat for me).

Amazon was awesome for me.

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Google bought connectcommerce last year (or maybe the year before?). Yes, it's a regular affiliate program, just like cj. shareasale, linkshare, etc. Have been with them since before the buyout. Have never had that much luck with them, but they have been adding a lot of advertisers, definitely worth checking out.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Google bought connectcommerce last year (or maybe the year before?). Yes, it's a regular affiliate program, just like cj. shareasale, linkshare, etc. Have been with them since before the buyout. Have never had that much luck with them, but they have been adding a lot of advertisers, definitely worth checking out.
I was doing well with books and some music related stuff with Amazon.

The Google Affiliate Network has Barnes and Noble.

I have already been approved for the GAN and BN.

Looking forward to giving them a shot.

CJ and Linkshare was horrible conversion. Plus, there were advertisers always getting the book, in arrears, or what ever. I know I averaged at least one email a day on a change in TOS or in the program.

GAN may be just as bad but its definitely worth a try.

JB Lions

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
They're fine, used them for many years. Like South said, they're a traditional affiliate network like CJ, Linkshare, SAS etc. I have a big coupon site so I think I probably have up half the merchants they have. You do need an Adsense account (you probably have one) since they pay thru there since last year sometime, combined with any Adsense revenue you might have.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Horrible, Horrible results for me.

I have tried GAN for a week on a site. Literally lost money (did not make any) by giving up adspace to try these ads.

In one week, 6,046 impressions, 1 click, $0.00 revenue.

For me, it is not worth giving up prime adsense spots.

JB Lions

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Horrible, Horrible results for me.

I have tried GAN for a week on a site. Literally lost money (did not make any) by giving up adspace to try these ads.

In one week, 6,046 impressions, 1 click, $0.00 revenue.

For me, it is not worth giving up prime adsense spots.

Yeah, with the merchant at GAN, probably not going to get good results using banners where you had Adsense. People have had banner blindness for awhile now. Relevant text links in your content would yield better results. And you could also keep the Adsense there at the same time.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah, with the merchant at GAN, probably not going to get good results using banners where you had Adsense. People have had banner blindness for awhile now. Relevant text links in your content would yield better results. And you could also keep the Adsense there at the same time.
I do prefer text ads. Very high conversion for me. You are spot on about image and graphic ads. Google Adsense promotes the hell out of them and sometimes even sends me emails telling me about all the revenue I am missing out on by not going with image ads. People know what an image ad or graphics ad looks like and avoid them.

Meanwhile, there are some other strange things going on with google search that I am just starting to notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators