Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

developed Google PR Tool - Profitable Site!

Status
Not open for further replies.

daniel

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We are listing the following website for sale:

http://www.prdigger.com

PRdigger is a unique webmaster tool written in Delphi. The program runs on your desktop and displays the acutal Google PR for any given search phrase. The program also allows the user to input an unlimited list of domain names and displays the actual Google PR for each domain. The program scans about 2000 domains per minute and returns the actual PR. The google tool bar is not required for this program to work.

A demo of the program can be downloaded from our website, however it is limited to only displaying 1 result. The registered copy will unlock the program. Included in the sale is the full source code and key code generator for your clients. We have kept decent records of each client and each demo that has been downloaded. Further marketing could take place if you choose. We have not yet contacted the 700 plus people that have downloaded our demo program.

We have sold about 70 copies of the program in the past few months. Total gross income from sales is approximately $2800 based on the selling price of
$39.99. We have used Google ads which work out very nicely to promote the site. We also have an affiliate program with approximately 23 active affiliates who display our banners on their site. The site is listed in all of the shareware sites including download.com. The curent PR of the site is a (5).

The average traffic the site receives is approximately 30 uniques per day, however this is all targeted traffic based on adwords or affiliate banners or search engine lookups. Our conversion rate is very good based on the daily uniques we receive and the downloaded DEMO programs users have requested. The site is fully automatic, meaning the DEMO programs are sent automatically to each user who requests it. The only work required to maintain the site is to issue the serial key to the users as sales are received. That and a few email requests are all that is needed to keep the site going.

But it Now has been set to $2999! Feel free to send a PM with your offer or any further questions.

http://www.prdigger.com

mccollin

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Interesting... have you had any issues with Google?

Who wrote the code, who maintains it, and what if the buyer needs updates?

Will you give exclusive writes and a non-compete?

daniel

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Mike - One of my programmers wrote the code and it is maintained by me. New owner will have the exclusive rights to it and any updates, patches, etc will be provided by the programmer at a price agreed upon by the new owner and the programmer. I have updated the code twice since its inception. The updates were
bug related and a few enhancements as requested by our users. I had had no issues with Google and would not expect any since we do not access their servers in any way. We would be completely open to a non-compete with the new owner. Feel free to PM any further questions.

thomor25

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you don't access their server how do you get the pr? you have to access their servers in order to do so.

daniel

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi - thomor25

That is not an accurate statement. The google PR is derived using an algorithm, access to Google is not needed. Please PM any further questions or comments.
Thanks

mccollin

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
daniel said:
Hi - thomor25

That is not an accurate statement. The google PR is derived using an algorithm, access to Google is not needed. Please PM any further questions or comments.
Thanks

Um,

Your site says... "Our application digs through the pages of Google at lightning speed and produces a list of sites that have a page ranking, based on the parameters you define."

daniel

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Mike - Thats correct, you define the search parameters just as it states. For instance if you want to know all PR related site for the search phrase deleted+domain+names you would enter that into the software. I think that was what you were questioning?

PS - Thanks Ceint i am glad you are enjoying the product :)

thomor25

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
he's saying, your site says it digs through the pages of google, therefore its accessing their servers, ie their search engine, and you said it doesn't touch googles servers and that it does it by their pagerank algorithm.

1. you are contradicting yourself
2. you can't have their algorithm cause only they do
3. you either touch their servers or you are using an algorithm that you think is the one google is using.

daniel

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi thomor25

Please do the needed homework on how this works if you have any type of genuine interest in the site. If you have any further questions i would ask that you PM me as stated in my original thread. Thanks

mccollin

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
thomor25 said:
he's saying, your site says it digs through the pages of google, therefore its accessing their servers, ie their search engine, and you said it doesn't touch googles servers and that it does it by their pagerank algorithm.

Correct... I had read the site's explanation of what it does, and it says about 5 times on the home page that it plows through the Google pages faster than any other similar product... then see the seller post here that it doesn't connect to Google and access their pages at all. Seems a bit fishy to make that huge of a mistake in an explanation from the person that wrote it, but I'd like to hear what he says... because the concept is pretty cool.

j8jweb

DNF Veteran
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thomor25,

Google's PR algorithm is publicly available.

websitedeveloper

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
j8jweb, "Google's PR algorithm is publicly available" - in your dreams!

Good luck with your sale Daniel!

websitedeveloper

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sorry obviously i was wrong then - i thought knowing the PR algorithm would basically guarantee top rankings because i assumed variables such as keyword density, tags etc were a part of it :undecided

back to daniel's sale...

mccollin

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
mk001 said:
This is good enough for me...

http://www.iprcom.com/papers/pagerank/

PR(A) = (1-d) + d (PR(T1)/C(T1) + ... + PR(Tn)/C(Tn))

:-D

If you read the information on that link, you'll find it isn't as simple as knowing the "algorithm". That page you refer to has a lot "we think", and "tricky", and "we aren't sure" types of statements. But all of this is moot to the question I asked.

The home page of the website that is for sale in this thread says, which I quoted above, that the tool accesses Google to do its thing, but the seller has stated that it does not access Google. Unless I'm missing something, they can't both be correct, right???

mk001

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
mccollin said:
If you read the information on that link

Oh I've read it. :wink:

And you are right, there is leeway in it. But the fact is, there is enough info publically available to build an accurate page rank tool from, without having to hammer Googles servers.

thomor25

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The fact is he is asking the owner/creator of this thread to state which is which and to publically state it in the for sale thread and not through pm's. So either its false advertising or its using a formula that is speculation and not actual fact. It either touches the servers or it does not. Plus in order to find the number of links which is required for that equation on the website you posted the google servers still need to be touched in order to do so.

daniel

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mk001 said:
Oh I've read it. :wink:

And you are right, there is leeway in it. But the fact is, there is enough info publically available to build an accurate page rank tool from, without having to hammer Googles servers.

Thanks mk001, glad someone here has taken some time to readup before posting...

thomor25

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You still haven't answered the question and are blatently avoiding it. Why are you being a flake about it? These are viable questions and will no doubtly help you in your sale but you refuse to answer them in any way.

1. Is your site wrong in saying it touches the google servers.
2. Are you using a formula that you believe is the pagerank formula.
3. If 2 is correct you would need to touch the google servers to find the number of links pointing to and from the websites from the phrase you are searching for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom