Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Aged Backlinks

Grab manually?

Status
Not open for further replies.

newdomain

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2002
Messages
40
Reaction score
0
Feedback: 0 / 0 / 0
Is it possible for me to register a expiring domain manually through my own registra without using any of the services provided by company like snapname, namwinner?
What is the success rate? Do they grab the domain the second it's expired?
I am new...Please reply ...
 
IWA Meetup

DomainSage

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2002
Messages
258
Reaction score
0
Feedback: 0 / 0 / 0
The SnapNames system checks periodically every 15 minutes, so if your lucky enough to get in between a period of 15 minutes where the domain you want has expired, you might just beat SnapNames and have the domain.
 

newdomain

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2002
Messages
40
Reaction score
0
Feedback: 0 / 0 / 0
Thanks DomainSage...

Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, INC.
Whois Server: whois.networksolutions.com
Referral URL: http://www.networksolutions.com
Name Server: EARTH1.COM
Name Server: NS1.EARTH1.COM
Updated Date: 24-jul-2002

What does it mean? Is it expired?
 

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2002
Messages
1,315
Reaction score
1
Feedback: 0 / 0 / 0
That's a Network Solutions domain and so there can be a long period after expiration - sometimes 2-3 months or even more - before it is deleted.

The 24 July 2002 updated date merely shows the date of the last NetSol update of its database. You'll need to check the date of expiration further down on the whois.
 

newdomain

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2002
Messages
40
Reaction score
0
Feedback: 0 / 0 / 0
Is this the date?
>>> Last update of whois database: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 04:44:27 EDT <<<

I searched using localwhois.com. It shows that this domain is going to be deleted today. Is that accurate?
 

Guest
if the domain comes out at normal droptime the window between snapnames (and nw and other rrp chasers) checks is fractions of a second not 15 minutes - making it unlikely for a manual grab to be successful. Of course, if the domain isn't being chased by the big players or second tier api/one clicks then you stand a chance - but that tends to be for lesser/overlooked names.
 

newdomain

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2002
Messages
40
Reaction score
0
Feedback: 0 / 0 / 0
What is the normal droptime? Care to explain?
 

Guest
The info you need is in this forum, do a bit of digging and you'll appreciate it more when you find it rather than being spoonfed.
 

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2002
Messages
921
Reaction score
0
Feedback: 3 / 0 / 0
RE:

The SnapNames system checks periodically every 15 minutes, so if your lucky enough to get in between a period of 15 minutes where the domain you want has expired, you might just beat SnapNames and have the domain.

Very false statement. Snap Names would never become so big and successful if they were only checking for available domains every 15 minutes. They will know as soon as a name drops, and in a matter of split seconds they will try to perform a Snap Back on it. Unfortunately there are people out there with much more sophisticated scripts than Snap Names'. Therefore, they are more successful in getting the real gems.
 

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2002
Messages
1,315
Reaction score
1
Feedback: 0 / 0 / 0
If I remember correctly, it's ExpireFish that checks every 15 minutes.
 

Guest
Originally posted by kvinsencius
RE:

The SnapNames system checks periodically every 15 minutes, so if your lucky enough to get in between a period of 15 minutes where the domain you want has expired, you might just beat SnapNames and have the domain.

Very false statement. Snap Names would never become so big and successful if they were only checking for available domains every 15 minutes. They will know as soon as a name drops, and in a matter of split seconds they will try to perform a Snap Back on it. Unfortunately there are people out there with much more sophisticated scripts than Snap Names'. Therefore, they are more successful in getting the real gems.

NSI drop peak hour and non peak hour, check period is different. Even a highway of 30 lanes with million cars passing through, they can't all pass through in split seconds. While one small lane with just few cars will sometime travel much faster.
 

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2002
Messages
921
Reaction score
0
Feedback: 3 / 0 / 0
Originally posted by goh


NSI drop peak hour and non peak hour, check period is different. Even a highway of 30 lanes with million cars passing through, they can't all pass through in split seconds. While one small lane with just few cars will sometime travel much faster.

Very true for some instances but not always. At least it was intended to be in split seconds. Ok, maybe I overstated it. How does seconds sound? :)
 

Guest
Originally posted by kvinsencius


Very true for some instances but not always. At least it was intended to be in split seconds. Ok, maybe I overstated it. How does seconds sound? :)

Someone in this forum witness a snapped domain not able to register in 10 to 15 minute period of time upon release to the public pool (of course performance may vary from day to day). I am not saying snapnames is no good, they have grabbed many names for many people.
 

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2002
Messages
921
Reaction score
0
Feedback: 3 / 0 / 0
That is news to me. Of course there is no such a thing as a flawless system. Error will always occur. Poor guy though. Did he loose out on his name to someone else?
That is why it is good to always have a backup for all the domains you really want. If one fails, then you always have your backup :)
 

Guest
He witness somebody's domains. There is a Chinese saying, "smart rabbits have three holes". Wonder how many holes did Bob's rabbits made in his home? :D
 

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2002
Messages
921
Reaction score
0
Feedback: 3 / 0 / 0
Originally posted by goh
He witness somebody's domains. There is a Chinese saying, "smart rabbits have three holes". Wonder how many holes did Bob's rabbits made in his home? :D

LOL Goh your Chinese proverbs are killers :D One question...why 3 holes?? :)
 

Guest
Originally posted by kvinsencius


LOL Goh your Chinese proverbs are killers :D One question...why 3 holes?? :)

3 holes = 3 exits, if got attack by other animals via one entrance/exit and still run away via two other entrance/exit.
 

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2002
Messages
1,315
Reaction score
1
Feedback: 0 / 0 / 0
Sounds like some politicians have three holes also.
 

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2002
Messages
921
Reaction score
0
Feedback: 3 / 0 / 0
RE:

LOL I sort of figured out that. Just wondering why just 3 and not 4 or 5 etc :) Chinese are wise people.
 

newdomain

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2002
Messages
40
Reaction score
0
Feedback: 0 / 0 / 0
Hey guys...I have another newbie question.
The whois record says Record expires on 28-Jul-2003
It is possible that this domain is expired? According to deleteddomains and localwhois, the domain is expired.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom