Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

half.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeilUK

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
you said we are all competitors. I'll be frank; I doubt that we probably are.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well cant say you are right or wrong there, with a 9-5 career I do little domain work compared to those that have so much spare time on their hands.

But quality is better than quantity, and its pointless asking what has been you biggest,best most profitable achievment as you wont want to discuss it, perhaps that answers a question in itself. :(

davidthornton

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by sharpboy
This spat is really getting old. It's quite clear to me, from every thing that I've read, that you are a self-centered, spoiled, pompous child that needs attention and dearly needs to be "king of the castle". Try contributing something of value to these forums. Grow up.

Yes I totally agree. Andrew is certainly all of those things. :)

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
add "in denial" to that list lol

davidthornton

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by NeilUK
you said we are all competitors. I'll be frank; I doubt that we probably are.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well cant say you are right or wrong there, with a 9-5 career I do little domain work compared to those that have so much spare time on their hands.

But quality is better than quantity, and its pointless asking what has been you biggest,best most profitable achievment as you wont want to discuss it, perhaps that answers a question in itself. :(

_Ronnie_ has already qualified, at least twice in this thread, that I have some 'excellent domain names'. I didn't ask him to do that, but I accept his compliment and have also returned it. Since this thread was originally praising 'Detagged.co.uk' for getting 'half.co.uk', if _Ronnie_ is happy to say this in public, I would have thought it would be quite obvious that he has an idea of what he is talking about. :)

Whilst I am happy to contribute to this forum, as I have always done, I would prefer not to provide a list of my portfolio. This is for a number of reasons, including the fact that I don't advertise services to the public and I don't actively advertise any of my domain names as 'for sale'. :)

As regards us being 'competitors'. I can say for certain that we're not. I have never seen your name in the WHOIS database as a result of any domain name I have been after (i.e. because I or someone else failed to secure it). Since this is the case I can say with confidence that we cannot possibly be in competition. :)

davidthornton

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Whois-Search
sharpboy did you mean me or him ?

Why? Do people's opinions of you matter this much? :)

revsorg

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ed30

Most of the names on that list became free in January.

That's where I got cunnilingus - although not in the biblical sense, I hasten to add...

_Ronnie_

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score

Yeh, I noticed. By my calculations, they are now only worth 5 million ;)

Dominion

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Many of them are still available, some are detagged and I have seen one that I know they do not own, they never registered and very certainly isn't for sale.

_Ronnie_

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
David...

Just out of pure curiousity. I know you don't advertise your domains. Do you go out and contact companies who you think mayh be interested in the domains you hold? Or do you wait for them to come to you (and rub your hands together with glee)? :)

Or do you prefer to develop the domains you catch?

davidthornton

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by _Ronnie_
David...

Just out of pure curiousity. I know you don't advertise your domains. Do you go out and contact companies who you think mayh be interested in the domains you hold? Or do you wait for them to come to you (and rub your hands together with glee)? :)

Or do you prefer to develop the domains you catch?

I've contacted companies in the past in relation to a small number of domain names, where I have felt that the names in question were totally generic. The success of this method varies greatly and in all truth, I am not a great fan of this process.

I've also been contacted by people interested in some of my domain names; even to the point of people tracking me down and phoning me up to ask how I got a particular name.

Everything I register is for development. It just so happens that a third party may decide that they are interested in a domain name that I hold, perhaps making me an offer. If that occurs, I go from there. :)

davidthornton

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have nothing more to say to you

I'll hold you to that statement, Andrew. :)

_Ronnie_

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by davidthornton

I've contacted companies in the past in relation to a small number of domain names, where I have felt that the names in question were totally generic. The success of this method varies greatly and in all truth, I am not a great fan of this process.

I've also been contacted by people interested in some of my domain names; even to the point of people tracking me down and phoning me up to ask how I got a particular name.

Everything I register is for development. It just so happens that a third party may decide that they are interested in a domain name that I hold, perhaps making me an offer. If that occurs, I go from there. :)

I agree with point 1 - it's hard to find the right takers and best to wait for them to come for you. We all know that they'll pay more if they're desperate for it!

Have you finished development on any of your sites yet? I've noticed that some forward to another of your certain domains. Speaking of which, where's the tickbox to tell it not to ask me if I want to set it as my homepage again? :)

davidthornton

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by _Ronnie_
Have you finished development on any of your sites yet? I've noticed that some forward to another of your certain domains. Speaking of which, where's the tickbox to tell it not to ask me if I want to set it as my homepage again? :)

I'll contact you in private (probably tomorrow) with regards to the above, and also with regards to a couple of other things, since I feel that we're starting to venture outside the scope of this thread. :)

I'll be in touch shortly.

Thanks. :)

davidthornton

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
_Ronnie_ David will want to know how you code a great script to catch all the best .co.uk's at www.detagged.co.uk

and you was right .. the homepage LOL

I knew you couldn't stick to 'I have nothing more to say to you', Andrew. :laugh: Do you ever follow through with anything you say?

With regards to what you have tried your best to string together above; absolutely none of it makes any sense! No change there either! :laugh:

maxheadroom

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
THIS is what passes for moderation here? Whois-search acts more like a 2 year old than a moderator.

I know nothing about domains - Thats why i'm a moderator and your a silly little person who pisses people off - I have spoken to Chris Holland on the phone.

David Thornton why don't you **** off to Domain-state where you belong and stop showing your self up

There is only one good domain forum and thats this one !

Your jealous of www.detagged.co.uk and you know you are !

The only person that posts obnoxious rubbish is YOU !

You were the one that poisoned them at domain-state to ban me - I DID NOTHING WRONG

You will not do this at dnforum - SO **** OFF

The only reason Safesys and YOU are pissed off with me is because you want me to shut up about .co.uk drops !

If the above is any example of the maturity level here by the "moderator", it presents an immature and very unprofessional image of DNForum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom