Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Has there been any mega-buck sales lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.

and $1M , two years ago.
Now the question remains; was this a legitimate sale, or just another fraudulent one (on Afternic).?
Originally posted by DotDealers
Inn.com just sold for $40,830... (See Here)

Two years ago the same name probably would have gotten at least a million don't you think?

Doug

Domain summit 2024

I think links.com recently sold on afternic for $17K. That name, imo, should be worth more than even inn.com

Originally posted by NameDepot
I think links.com recently sold on afternic for $17K. That name, imo, should be worth more than even inn.com

Thats just plain crazy cheap if it was legit.

DotDealers

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There is a web site on it now, so it probably did sell. That is way cheap though!

Doug

and I doubt the owner would let links.com go for that low a price. I talked to him a few times, although I can't remember where (email, greatdomain chat, etc), and he seemed pretty firm: $500K at least.

Originally posted by DotDealers
There is a web site on it now, so it probably did sell. That is way cheap though!

Doug

Originally posted by safesys

Fair comment, I just don't like someone insinuating that I am lying just because I respect the privacy of people who entrust me with their sales data. Keeping business transactions private is a common practice in the offline world - there is no mandatory requirement for disclosure in online transactions.

I'm sure safesys's comments are correct. I've seen his details on many great names on the whois record and its no surprise he sells many names each month for high figures.

Of course thats the difference, if your domains are rubbishy you'll likely never sell a name, if on the other hand you have quality one and two word names the outcome is likely to be very different. Good names still sell very easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom