Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

news Hosting platform Epik can’t pay any of its users right now

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is nonsense. Example used. They took in the money 8 months ago. Haven't paid it out. And there are other cases of the same thing. And again, because you renewed some names, doesn't magically make the other stuff untrue.
If I can acknowledge your statement as true regarding the $91,000, even though I know it's soon for her to be paid out if she hasn't retained legal services at this point, backed in a statement that I made twice in bold, you should give a little about renewals--but you can't.

I just can't engage with a person like you anymore if you come here saying that people have had renewal issues, etc., and me show you two without being objective on the matter and questioning whether it's Epik or the user. Come to find out, it was the registry not reinstating credentials after the bill was paid. Nonetheless, you won't give me credit for poking a hole in that before I even knew it was a registry problem. I can't deal with you because you have such a closed mind that I refuse to deal with you any longer, especially since you're pseudo anonymous, which you have every right to be, and I'm clearly not by posting my name twice.

Thanks for the "intellectual" conversation.

If you have anything of value and want an objective view about it, feel free to tag me. Otherwise, I'll skip over it now.

Domain summit 2024

NameGala

Level 1
Reaction score
If I can acknowledge your statement as true regarding the $91,000, even though I know it's soon for her to be paid out if you scroll up and read my bold quote very carefully if she hasn't retained legal services at this point.

I just can't engage with a person like you anymore if you come here saying that people have had renewal issues, etc., and me show you two without being objective on the matter and questioning whether it's Epik or the user. Come to find out, it was the registry not reinstating credentials after the bill was paid. Nonetheless, you won't give me credit for poking a hole in that before I even knew it was a registry problem. I can't deal with you because you have such a closed mind that I refuse to deal with you any longer, especially since you're pseudo anonymous, which you have every right to be, and I'm clearly not by posting my name twice.

Thanks for the "intellectual" conversation.

If you have anything of value and want an objective view about it, feel free to tag me. Otherwise, I'll skip over it now.
Keep pretending this hasn't been talked about since August of last year. These aren't just some new issues that came about. - https://www.namepros.com/threads/th...from-epik-com-via-masterbucks-wallet.1284050/

Last edited:

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What a lot of people can't wrap their heads around is that my allegiance isn't necessarily Rob, it's for Epik's stance on issues I agree with (as I saw a quote on DN.ca that Brian wrote: It's far everything [left and right]).

To expand on that, I see can see Rob and Epik as two separate entities while it's apparent that Brad, et al., group them together. If you were unaware, I spent 8-10 months trying to turn DNForum around. I somewhat feel forgotten by Rob that @Helmuts was able to find this deal over me, as I would've taken it for 5-figures. But, business is business and he needed the cash then and there for some reason, which it might've taken me a couple of weeks to gather... I just wish he had reached out to me, but it is what it is.

After inaction on Rob's part in remembering that I might have an interest in DNF, I'm still backing Epik until the truth is exposed with verifiable claims or at least some form of receipts, and not just a YouTube video made with an appeal to emotion. Though, as I said, I can acknowledge that instance and cry for help, as an outlier.

What I believe is happening now is that good and bad debts are being organized from perhaps the point in August onward as the cash flow issue was already addressed by the senior-level execs. I don't know what else you want them to say about this.

Off chance, do you know any accounting principles (GAAP), know what an EIN is, know how you would transfer assets from one company to another, etc.? If you don't, you really aren't helping the situation, just adding more negativity to it and being used as a hypeman for those with real grudges against Rob (personal) and Epik. Why don't you show your face? It seems hypocritical on your part when one point of contention is trying to determine who is behind Epik Holdings and who is behind the newly formed Epik LLC. They don't have the right to remain anonymous at this point, but you do? Okay.

Again, I'll end with this: Anyone lawyered up will have made the payout longer. That's just a fact that everyone should acknowledge because now a lawyer wants their fees and the principal owed now has to be paid out separately in a judgement or order.

lol. Keep pretending this hasn't been talked about since August of last year - https://www.namepros.com/threads/th...from-epik-com-via-masterbucks-wallet.1284050/
In my mind, that site doesn't exist to me. It's like you telling me to go to someone's house that has a restraining order on me to talk out our differences. I'll say, maybe not that extreme, but it is close to it as I have been verbally told not to contact anyone there (ever) in such a manner that I believe they would take legal action if I ever did, be it online or at a conference.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Let's drill down to 1 specific example used already. How do you defend Epik not paying out $91,000 after 8 months?
Cash flow issues and litigation getting in the way of immediate settlement.

But, I can't ask her if she has a lawyer or when she got one. She doesn't even provide a trail of receipts or list the domain name. The buyer doesn't even step in and say what the name was and how they paid.

I'm not saying the story isn't true, but all the details would be nice.

I want to know how we got from $100,000 transaction (Point A) to now (Point B) without a "that was my retirement money" video, because that's not helpful information.

NameGala

Level 1
Reaction score
Cash flow issues and litigation getting in the way of immediate settlement.

But, I can't ask her if she has a lawyer or when she got one. She doesn't even provide a trail of receipts or list the domain name. The buyer doesn't even step in and say what the name was and how they paid.

I'm not saying the story isn't true, but all the details would be nice.

I want to know how we got from $100,000 transaction (Point A) to now (Point B) without a "that was my retirement money" video, because that's not helpful information.
The name has been posted everywhere, Candida.com. And she does provide the receipts, again, posted everywhere. Here is one place she posted, an email from Epik acknowledging they owe her money:

FuUcAS3aUAIuMIq.png

------
"Cash flow issues and litigation getting in the way of immediate settlement."

The sale happened 8 months ago. You get a sale. They get the money, they're supposed to send it out shortly after. Not still have it after 8 months. It's not a cash flow issue, it's taking money in from her sale and doing something different with it, instead of paying her out.

Last edited:

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The name has been posted everywhere, Candida.com. And she does provide the receipts, again, posted everywhere. Here is one place she posted, an email from Epik acknowledging they owe her money:

View attachment 7822

------
"Cash flow issues and litigation getting in the way of immediate settlement."

The sale happened 8 months ago. You get a sale. They get the money, they're supposed to send it out shortly after. Not still have it after 8 months. It's not a cash flow issue, it's taking money in from her sale and doing something different with it, instead of paying her out.
Okay, I can say that this is a pretty big oversight, as seeing it's been over 5 months since it was promised. However, if she did go to a lawyer, the payout process is different now. She has to be settled through a judgement so the lawyer can be paid their fair share too.

It should've been in and out. I admit that.

I don't know why it wasn't, but I'm sure this has happened in the past with other platforms.

Let's wait until they make it right. Who knows? Maybe they'll waive her commission for holding out.

See? I can be objective. That's the difference between you and I, and why I can't really speak to you about anything else.

NameGala

Level 1
Reaction score
Okay, I can say that this is a pretty big oversight, as seeing it's been over 5 months since it was promised. However, if she did go to a lawyer, the payout process is different now. She has to be settled through a judgement so the lawyer can be paid their fair share too.

It should've been in and out. I admit that.

I don't know why it wasn't, but I'm sure this has happened in the past with other platforms.

Let's wait until they make it right. Who knows? Maybe they'll waive her commission for holding out.

See? I can be objective. That's the difference between you and I, and why I can't really speak to you about anything else.
You're not being objective, you're literally trying to smooth it over because you're an Epik supporter. Even trying to downplay the length "5 months since it was promised" It's been 8+ months since the sale.

Take this comment:

"but I'm sure this has happened in the past with other platforms."

I can't recall a company keeping proceeds for over 8 months, and this wasn't the only case where it's happened. RICO claim, lawsuits, 8 months of people talking about their issues, etc.
-------------
She finally got paid

"Guess what everyone! It is a great day! I got paid in full minutes ago for my $91000 escrow transaction for Candida.com. It has been a long journey to say the least. I want to deeply thank every single person that reached out to me and supported me during this incredibly difficult period in my life."

Last edited:

accurate

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

accurate

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ICANN response.

@404 @NameGala

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
She finally got paid
What did I say?
The people that lawyered up won't be paid out as quickly as they hoped because there is a separate release process to settle. Otherwise, everyone else will be made whole because there are allocated funds to Masterbucks from the sales proceeds.
It wasn't me just blabbering on. I made a direct inquiry for public release and felt confident enough to post it and go down with that statement.

DomainsGENERAL.com

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Lame that I can't show that renewals are going through to a wider audience to calm people down from transferring out, costing them unnecessary fees; as also we know*, if an accredited registrar goes down, another takes its place and you still own that domain with the same expiration date. So, why get scared and transfer out, essentially paying for an early renewal (unless there's an awesome transfer coupon)?

*Maybe you don't know, but now you do... do some research into previous revocations if you don't believe me and see who took over the registrants. There's nothing to fear either way. Homework done for you
You are mixing up two different things:
1. Troubles some people ran into when they wanted to renew. They did the renewal, paid for it and it didn't go through. Yeah, but that's supposedly impossible because you claim it worked for you. The thing is some renewals worked fine, some didn't.

2. If a registrar "goes down". I did "know" what you allege. As I also "know" a bit more, which I talked about 6 months ago, already:

PS: It doesn't cost people any "unnecessary" fee as they benefit from a renewal. Usually transfer prices are approximately equal to renewals. So yes, it's easy for people to transfer out and there is an argument they would have been foolish to *NOT* do it. Ok, the other argument is this is like BANK RUNs when confidence is lost. The latter part is mainly on Epik, tho. They put themselves in that situation and when things went sideways, everything has been handled as badly as possible, honestly. No need to blame customers who transferred out, here.

accurate

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Epik created their own bank run.

In this case it was all the domain investors transferring out. 200,000+ domains.

That tells you the power we have.

PS: It doesn't cost people any "unnecessary" fee as they benefit from a renewal. Usually transfer prices are approximately equal to renewals. So yes, it's easy for people to transfer out and there is an argument they would have been foolish to *NOT* do it. Ok, the other argument is this is like BANK RUNs when confidence is lost. The latter part is mainly on Epik, tho. They put themselves in that situation and when things went sideways, everything has been handled as badly as possible, honestly. No need to blame customers who transferred out, here.

accurate

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Email from Epik;

The past 10 months have been challenging at Epik. We're sorry for any inconveniences and frustrations that some of you may have experienced. The Epik domain platform is now under new ownership and management and moving forward we're committed to providing enhanced services and experiences for all Epik LLC users. To learn more about the transition, please read our press release.

We're contacting you to provide a service update relating to service expectations in the near future:

• All primary TLD registries are fully funded, ICANN has been made whole, and we are finalizing relationships with a handful of smaller ccTLD registries.
  • We're working with ICANN to solve any outstanding issues.
  • Our support team is up and running and working through a large volume of existing inquiries. We're answering emails in 1 to 2 business days. We're answering nearly all calls in real time. Overnight chat support will be back online next week.
  • In-store-credit can be spent in the online account.
  • We are making some large changes to the websites, our client account, and the admin portal. As a result, some things may not work as expected. For example, Daily Diamond deals and NameLiquidate are currently under maintenance.
  • The new Epik support team is here to help! If you tried to contact us before June 5th and you have an urgent matter, we ask that you reach out again.
If you're having troubles with any part of the system, please reach out to our support team. We are committed to solving your problems! We appreciate your patience as we strive to provide an excellent domain experience.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
PS: It doesn't cost people any "unnecessary" fee as they benefit from a renewal.
Just to touch on what I meant by this: It's an unnecessary cost to renew at that point in time (due to fear) and spend unnecessary funds in a different fiscal year than you would have otherwise. Sure, you can save from next year, but you are essentially creating a problem for yourself now (by possibly spending money that you don't have) that doesn't need to be addressed.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Epik created their own bank run.
A lot of those customers weren't really providing value anyway -- on the surface -- as they had at-cost registrations (something I'd not run away from as a larger portfolio holder if you know that ICANN would just automatically reassign your names).

The only good thing that Epik had going for them (when it was Epik, et al.) was you selling your name on their platform for them to benefit from the 9% in sales commissions and from whatever else they could cross-sale/up-sale to the new customer. That, I think, was their bet on domainers. But, you really didn't do anything in the micro-perspective when it comes to renewals to a registrar what a "bank run " would do to banks, in comparison to a registrar that charges more for their renewals at least. However, with Epik split from the other companies, it really lost nothing except registrations under its belt... registrations that would in essence be a liability to them because they would still need customer service, etc., for a "free" product offering, as I'm unsure they'll be in the business of hosting, etc., at this time.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm not getting anything except for flak from everyone else for sticking my neck out for Epik, which I have no obligation whatsoever to do, just so you know. I'm staying till the end as a loyal customer unless they deviate from core principles that I personally align myself with.

I'll do me, you do you.

Tag me/@ me if there's something new that needs addressing and I'll try my best to see if I can get an answer as I did before. Otherwise, this is a complete waste of my time getting sucked back into talking in circles.

accurate

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If we aren't providing value, then why did Rob and Epik target domain investors? @amplify

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators