• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed HoustonCity.info

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rahul

New Member
Legacy Gold Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2006
Messages
43
Reaction score
0
I just got hold of the domain houstoncity.info

What do you think of it? All opinions welcome...
 
Rahul - It's not the same as "New York City" or "Atlantic City". Houston is never referred to as "Houston City" so I don't think there is much inherent value in the name. You might get $XX for it, possibly low $XXX for someone who is on a budget but eager to develop content for a Houston portal.
 
Can't see that one working at all. Curious though, over in India would a website for Punjabcity.info work?
 
I know that Houston is not commonly referred as Houston city. Still its a US city, not a state like Punjab, having 4th largest population in USA. So I thought this domain carried much more value than $xxx. All the other tlds are already taken and the keywords' houston city' brings out 141,000,000 results in Google.
 
Still its a US city, not a state like Punjab, having 4th largest population in USA.
Thanks for the clarification. Punjab is listed in wikipedia as one of the largest "cities" in India. Just goes to show I should stay with the locations I know instead of reaching. Works both ways me thinks.
 
...the keywords' houston city' brings out 141,000,000 results in Google.
Entering Houston City without quotes is creating a somewhat artificial result keying on each word separately as in searching houston, then searching city and combining the two.

Try searching "Houston city" in quotes and it will yield a more accurate result using the exact search phrase. Google pages are 407,000 for "houston city".
 
regfee to $xx. it either needs to be houston or cityofhouston. houstoncity makes no sense.
 
Rahul - Sorry but I have to agree with the previous two posts.

Reg free - Low $XX.
 
Oh! $xx for a US city name!!!

How much would I get if I develop it with some maps and infos about Houston?
 
Any more opinions?

I have also got BayOfBengal.info and TheHimalayas.info.
 
Any more opinions?

I have also got BayOfBengal.info and TheHimalayas.info.
I think these are more intuitive and offer better development potential.
 
The latter 2 works much better then HoustonCity.info... I own BostonCity.info :-) and Bostons.info... small world
 
Hmm... so how much should I expect for bayofbengal.info and thehimalayas.info?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom