Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

:::: how can I find enough funds to develop my websites and projects? any suggestion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I've read them. You're completely missing the entire point and, as such, will fail miserably. Not my fault if you don't want to listen to anyone else. Keep 'hoping'. I'm sure you can use hope to pay your bills.

ecomindia

e-commerce.in
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i hardly read the posts specially all of them , and most importantly all 4 pages . few things to start with.
Few suggestions for the terminologies you used like "Ideas", "Patent".

Before making or discussing about the ideas which have not been patented, avoid discussing in public blogs. 'cause you will end up being a joker , or a choker. It's common sense, when you have a idea which is new, people who will understand it will know its value and people who dont understand it, will only understand it when it is their in the market.

Secondly, although you made a mistake of discussing just too much of your Idea here, and hopefully someone else might have already patented this ;) , but before taking forward too a VC and investor, it is very important to have:
Document on Project Development (Technical/Non-technical),
Time & Effort (CBA )
Revenue Models (Applicable/prospects)
Audience & Target
And various other aspects beside these basic requisities rather pre-requisites..
Also, importantly, when you approach them, make sure your idea if can be applied easliy (like makina a website, software) and not a space odyessey to pluto in 2 years, then you should make it functional, in a secured server and more importanly - presentable.

Once VC is approached, its like an opportunity, they will never see it again if its not good ..(and avoid approaching them when in economical / political crisis)
Many people here have really suggested you to think , rethink , some have said seriously and some sarcastically, but i will suggest THINK.

Also, as per your project on directory, there are more then millions of directories existing in this world. Why in this world will I trust a website, which just promises like any other website , and after taking money, neither they have funds to run it even for a year.

ONE CORRECTION - work on a model which is free for the users initially, generate traffic, generate base (users), generate netwrok and generate Trust. Then make a second slab of FREE & PREMIUM... and then see how it works out!!

There are russian domainers group, chinese domainers group and they count more then the # of domainers in US & Europe...debatable, but true and generates more revenue ! if that is a news for you, think again on this project, cause you need to rethink on your project!

gaetanomarano

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
about the ideas which have not been patented, avoid discussing in public blogs

I agree, that's why the ideas I've published in my blogs are less than 1% of all ideas I have in mind and probably less than 0.1% of all the ideas I will develop in future

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

all VCs are GAMBLERS, not investors, because they only invest in startups that (they believe) can give them a 100,000% of profit (or NOTHING) so, propose ideas to VCs is only time lost

I've read the "confessions" of two important VCs (one italian and one american) where they admit that they fund only ONE startup every 500-600 business plans they receive

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 PM ----------

after taking money, neither they have funds to run it even for a year

yes, this can surely happen with FREE directories, that's why my directory hasn't free ads, because I want to promote my directory and allow it to live forever :)

---------- Post added at 04:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

work on a model which is free for the users initially, generate traffic, generate base (users), generate netwrok and generate Trust. Then make a second slab of FREE & PREMIUM

I've evaluated a model like this, but, definitely, its not good for either my directory nor for the advertisers

the best advantage for both me and them is to have a directory that I can promote NOW (not in 2012) that increases its traffic NOW (and not in 2013) and that gives them more visits and advertisers NOW (and not in 2014) and all this needs money

ecomindia

e-commerce.in
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
point 1... it's not 0.1% of the ideas.. it's just about an idea... it has to be 0% and shared in a different way where the others cannot even make out !!
point 2... for novice, even stock market is a gamble, its how you see it, use it, and a confidence to re-use it from your past experience.. you can substitute gamble to risk
point 3... paid service with empty warehouse is no-no! i said already, why will i pay you anything when your website is nothing (brand), has nothing (content)...

also, will suggest you to read case studies and white papers and analyse how many of the services were paid in beginning,,, seriously read it!!

gaetanomarano

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
rethink on your project

however, this thread isn't only about the Domainers Gate directory, but also about all my projects and all the possible ways to fund new ideas, projects, websites and also non-web startups (that, also other forum readers, may be interested to know)

bwhhisc

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
99% of domainers don't have million$ to invest, so, they have only two real options:

1. promote their sites on my low cost directory, hoping that it will succeed, or...

2. don't promote their sites

You can get this same service for FREE.....
Trading links and banner with other sites, trading advertising with other sites.
That is why you have 0 advertisers.

I wish you success....but you need to hear what people here are saying and take their advice to heart.
No one wants to advertise on a "dead end" bulletin board site. So what if you promote it, when the "new" visitors get there what do they find....just a bunch of advertisements?? They can go to parking pages and get that. For sure they are NOT coming back.

You need a site with unique information, content, and value. Check out DNJournal, RicksBlog, IDNBlog, etc. etc. and see why they all get lots of repeat traffic.

Frankly you are better to build a site with no advertising, do the SEO work, create links, blogs etc, and work to get good position on google, yahoo, bing search then you can better begin to set up revenue streams and advertising.

ecomindia

e-commerce.in
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
are all interlinked? also, i hope you are thru will all the pre-requisites of your project as I mentioned ... if its just you are thinking, please do more of documentation, implementation and then the revenue model (to make it chargeable or not)....

try to run on a road taking you to a city rather then on a track that ends nearby! anything will be a good experience.. .so follow yoru dream and best of luck!

gaetanomarano

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
why will i pay you anything when your website is nothing (brand), has nothing (content)

it's very strange you say that for a simple web service, since, probably, you know that, nearly ALL the (very expensive) buildings, are made WITHOUT have all the money to build them!!!

these are the steps to build a building:

1. make a project of a building

2. show its drawings to potential customers

3. sell each apartment or shop "on paper"

4. take part of the price from customers

5. use that funds to start build the building

6. use the building under contruction to have funds from banks

7. finish the building with the banks' money

8. give the apartments and shops to their customers

9. take the difference of the price from customers

10. give back the money to banks

11. the difference is your profit

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

RicksBlog, IDNBlog

many sites are better, but prices aren't affordable for 99% of domainers, every month, for years, some of the best want up to $800 per month that is 100 TIMES my basic price!

Last edited:

ecomindia

e-commerce.in
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
well said, and thats why i said, u have a thirst for acheiving you dream ... so all the best and will ask you after six months from today on your project status .. wish u all the best!

gaetanomarano

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
will ask you after six months from today on your project status

I hope, before six months... :)

despite, so far, I haven't found the first advertiser for my
Domainers Gate directory, it is already working for me!

the number of visits is growing every day because I link it in some sites, in blog comments signatures, etc.

also, while waiting for paying advertisers, I'm using the directory to advertise my auctions, my domains on sale, my websites and blogs, etc. and many of those that come on my directory visit also some of the linked pages
:)

ecomindia

e-commerce.in
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
also, just to wrap up before i say it a day,
if these 11 points would have been the stepping stone of the builder..

then understand the micro and macro level atached to a project..
there is nothing like make a project for a building...

your point 1 starts from the middle of a project ...

mate, you dream and you do want to achieve it.. concentrate on the basics...
and gudnite .. :) (IST)

bwhhisc

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
many sites are better, but prices aren't affordable for 99% of domainers, every month, for years, some of the best want up to $800 per month that is 100 TIMES my basic price!

I would suggest one of your first steps in your business plan to be competitive price shopping of online Advertising costs ;)

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Honestly, this thread did not need to go beyond post #2.

By now, I think everything has been said and repeated at least twice.

bwhhisc

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
not for me, I've much more to say and discuss about the websites and projects' funding (if you want, of course)

I would put "domainers gateway" on the back burner, I don't see any takers here.

What other ideas do you have a business plan written out for that can proforma out to a nice ROI?

rambo3

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I can't quite believe that I have read all 4 pages, I had de ja vu by page 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators