Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Embrace Rick Schwartz' vision for America's future

Status
Not open for further replies.

CamMK27

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wow pretty scary. US economy is in real bad shape and heading for more trouble..

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
More of "the sky is falling" antics. At any rate, Dr. Strangelove is a great movie.

lordbyroniv

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
More of "the sky is falling" antics. At any rate, Dr. Strangelove is a great movie.

Acro, these aren't antics. I am afraid things are much worse then most people realize. I hope you have protected urself.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Yes, I wear a tin foil hat most of the day, and I've stocked up on gas masks, duct tape and cans of soylent green.

Nathan King

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Don't have time to watch the video, but thought I would chime in...

Though I'm highly skeptical of conspiracy theories like the one linked to, what we have now is unsustainable and change is unavoidable.

I find thrill in the uncertainty of what's ahead and am by no means afraid of it. Change can be a good thing.

lordbyroniv

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Don't have time to watch the video, but thought I would chime in...

Though I'm highly skeptical of conspiracy theories like the one linked to, what we have now is unsustainable and change is unavoidable.

I find thrill in the uncertainty of what's ahead and am by no means afraid of it. Change can be a good thing.

So let me see if I have this right - you don't have the time to watch the video but you are going to commenmt that the link is merely a conspiracy theory. That is so so wrong.

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Acro, these aren't antics. I am afraid things are much worse then most people realize. I hope you have protected urself.

the sky will be falling 'soon' for you forever. you were posting the same kind of crap nearly 3 years ago. how long do we have to wait?

lordbyroniv

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
the sky will be falling 'soon' for you forever. you were posting the same kind of crap nearly 3 years ago. how long do we have to wait?

It is not enough I catch the trend direction, now you want me to pick a date too ?

If you had listened to me 3 years ago, you could have been buying gold in 700-1000 range; silver in $17 range; blue chip domains 20% cheaper.

Ignore me at your own peril - but at the very least - buy some canned goods for ur pantry, a little silver and at least ONE quality domain name - please

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It is not enough I catch the trend direction, now you want me to pick a date too ?

If you had listened to me 3 years ago, you could have been buying gold in 700-1000 range; silver in $17 range; blue chip domains 20% cheaper.

Ignore me at your own peril - but at the very least - buy some canned goods for ur pantry, a little silver and at least ONE quality domain name - please

as long as the dollar is down precious metals will rise but premium domain prices have seem to fallen to some degree rather than increase from what I've seen. you posted a lot of stuff in 2008 that never came to pass.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thread: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Embrace Rick Schwartz' vision for America's future

I worry about people who embrace someone else's vision.

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

Curious...where were all the visionaries when gold was $300 and silver <$8.00

That was the time to buy, thank you.

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

These markets are exactly like oil -fueled by speculators.

Some have literally sought to control the market by buying up precious metals and creating a false shortage, ala the Hunt Brothers.

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Regardless of what education does: what happened to personal responsibility? What about parental responsibility?

It's very simple. If you want your child to succeed by whatever definition you define as success, then strive to become the main educator in your child's life.

Maybe they will grow up with an actual passion to learn and desire for well rounded spiritual/emotional/mental/financial fulfillment instead of the unwavering thirst of whatever gain the rest of the world thinks they should have.

We're not sheep.

However, I agree that college education funding is overinflated. If one could avoid going and self learn, by all means do so but that does not and should not apply for every profession.

From the video, good point (at minute:second 27:34):

"If we were doing such a wonderful job at producing such geniuses coming out of universities, you think we would be in the problems that we're in now? Do you think that we would be among the most unhealthy nation of people in developed nations?"

Sadly, he's got a point.

Last edited:

lordbyroniv

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
From the video, good point (at minute:second 27:34):

"If we were doing such a wonderful job at producing such geniuses coming out of universities, you think we would be in the problems that we're in now? Do you think that we would be among the most unhealthy nation of people in developed nations?"

Sadly, he's got a point.

Celente is awesome

---------- Post added at 05:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 PM ----------

keep on dancing till the world ends Acro

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Yes, the world ends when we die. That's a fact of life. Should we live in fear in the meantime? Don't be slaves, don't listen to those that aspire to become your masters. Fear is the biggest master of all.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That video is over an hour long... Couldn't they tell us college has no value in under 5 minutes. ;)

-=DCG=-

Nathan King

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So let me see if I have this right - you don't have the time to watch the video but you are going to commenmt that the link is merely a conspiracy theory. That is so so wrong.
I do know that the video you linked to was written by a certain Jonathan Lebed. From his Wikipedia page:
Between September 1999 and February 2000 Lebed made hundreds of thousands of dollars by posting in internet chat rooms and on message boards encouraging people to buy penny stocks he already owned, thus, according to the SEC, artificially raising the price of the stock. The SEC under Arthur Levitt prosecuted him. In 2001 Lebed and the SEC negotiated an out-of-court settlement in which Lebed forfeited $285,000 in profit and interest he had made on 11 trades.
Hmm that sounds familiar...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom