Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

How NOT to sell a domain to a buyer like me

Status
Not open for further replies.

jalapeno

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Some people/cultures (like many of us in America) are unaccustomed to bargaining and see a lowball offer not as a starting point but as an insult. I'm not fond of bargaining myself, but it's to be expected in an area such as domain sales. I was recently in Jamaica and a craft seller offered me a wooden cat for $35, then instructed me (obviously new at all this) to make him a lower offer to begin the process of arriving at the correct price.

DnPowerful

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If I've had any success, it's because I really carefully measure what my opening offer will be. I almost never offer anything less than $1k, and most of the time, the domains I want are worth at minimum $5k, and therefore an opener of at least $2k is in order.

Some people think "Hey why offer anything more than $500 as an opener", but especially with adult domain owners who get lots of unsolicited offers, you're more than likely to be ignored than if you start at $1k.

It's risky to offer too much and just as risky to offer too little in many cases.

jalapeno

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It can just be so hard arriving at the "correct" price of an item for which the value isn't predetermined. I ended up paying too much for that cat because I didn't want to offend the vendor. I'm not sorry I bought it, though, so I guess that's what matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom