Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

How to do PayPal "Mass Pay" payments and avoid fees. Read and learn!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mediawizard

MediaWizard
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

5UP3R

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This thread has given me a useful piece of information. Thanks!

Designempire

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thank you very much for the heads up on PP .
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

domainaccess

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
the method could come in handy when needed; thanks for sharing!

adomainstar

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thank you very much for sharing this valuable Information :). It can save a lot of money using this method instead of using the normal transfer. Thanks again..

Namebrander

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There are a couple of tools available for this.

http://www.masspayfile.com/

http://www.scriptgod.com/paypal-masspay.html

But its easy enough to do using notepad and the tab key, I have privacy issues sharing this info with an unknown person so always diy, takes 10 secs.

Hi mediawiz thanks for posting those links as Ive used both of your links before to do pp masspayments over the last few months but your two links now no longer work (nothing to do with you I know)

I just used this link for anyone who wants to do an easy masspay - takes about 10 secs

http://www.secondversion.com/paypal-masspay.php

Last edited:

kwok

Verified Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It was a great read and exactly what an experienced domainer would do.

I stumble upon a lot of people all the time who does not know how to pay with PayPal's "mass pay" feature, which only costs $1 in fees, instead of the usual 4%. I will therefore try to write a quick guide on how to do this. It is quick, easy and as long as you're paying with PayPal balance, anyone can do it. Some people believe that PayPal is only charging fees if the buyer is paying from credit card, but this is not right. PayPal charges roughly 4% of the amount from the payee, even though it is a PayPal balance payment.

Mass pay can be made only from a Premier/Business account, not from Personal accounts. Paypal does not charge incoming payments from balance to private accounts, so if you pay someone with a private account, just send normal payment, its free.

I know most of the experienced domainers on this forum knows how to do a Mass Payment, but I thought this might be useful for all the new domainers out there. Here we go..

Mass Payment

According to PayPal's mass pay instructions, you are supposed to create an Excel file with the payment information and save the file as a text file with tab separated values. I believe there is a much easier way to do it:

I. Open up notepad (or any text/ascii editor)

II. Type the following information, separated by tabs (use tab key, not spaces).

<Recipient's PayPal Address> <Amount> <Currency>
An example of a payment text file:

[email protected] 999 USD

This textfile will, when uploaded to PayPal, process a payment of $999 US Dollars to the PayPal address [email protected]

Save the textfile as anything you'd like, just try to remember where you saved it for later.

III. Log in to your PayPal account the usual way, but instead of sending a payment the regular way, look for the small link on the bottom of your screen that says "Mass Pay". Found it? Good, now click it.

Mass Pay Screenshot

IV. You are now one step away from doing a mass payment. Browse to find the text file you just created in notepad and upload it to PayPal as directed. Type in the e-mail address you want the receipt to be sent to and perform the payment by clicking the button.

Voila! The PayPal recipient has now received his/hers payment and it only cost you $1 in fees, instead of 4% !

Good luck with mass pay payments, it has saved me a couple of bucks as some deals involve adding the 4% fee to the final sales price.

hjordis

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
very useful thread! i have a question, with a non-us premier account, i pay quite a high fee on all incoming payments, so if senders send me money with masspay, how much fee do i have to pay to receive the payments? thanks!

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
very useful thread! i have a question, with a non-us premier account, i pay quite a high fee on all incoming payments, so if senders send me money with masspay, how much fee do i have to pay to receive the payments? thanks!

You will pay no fee at all. The sender will pay a $1 fixed fee for the mass payment, you will get the entire net amount in your PayPal account.

E.g. if I mass pay you $500, you will receive $500 net in your account. No fees.

hjordis

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You will pay no fee at all. The sender will pay a $1 fixed fee for the mass payment, you will get the entire net amount in your PayPal account.

E.g. if I mass pay you $500, you will receive $500 net in your account. No fees.

thank you so much for the detailed explanation!! very helpful! :)

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Has anyone done this recently? Paypal Masspay?

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sure, I do it all the time. (Sellers appreciate it!)

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Randomo. Is it still $1 even for mid XXXX? I understand from reading that 10k is the limit.

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it's been $1 every time I've used it, no matter what the amount. (I think my largest payment that way has been $xxx.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom