Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024
Status
Not open for further replies.

refide

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hi,
i read from here & othe places that a domain will be catched immediately after the drop so if that's the matter, so that means an only one catcher company will success in the catch others none, so why a drop catcher company can successful in catching a domain but at the same time another drop catcher company can also catches another domain which the first one can't?!!!
i know that someone will reply me that the registrar of the first domain was exclusively pre-released to the first domain drop catcher & the second domain is exclusively pre-release to the secon domain drop catcher so the first will take the first & the second will take the second i know that information,
but
my exact question about the other domains which the registrar for them is not exclusively send the dropping domains to the catchers in partnerships.
i ask that cuz i found a few good domains from my search that none of the domain drop catchers succeeded to grap them but a normal users like me & u grab them!!!
=========================================
so my important inquiry:
have anyone here grab a good domain by himself which ofcourse was in the lists of the drop catchers?

Last edited:

Rebel.com

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Basically the way it works is all the drop catchers have multiple registrar connections into the registry. When the drop begins the drop catchers all begin using all of their connections to try and register the domains as they drop. With every drop catcher trying to get the names at the same time there can be over 400 registrar connections all trying for the same domain so it all depends on timing. Registrar A might try a milisecond too early and registrar B ends up with the name instead. The more connections a drop catcher has the better the chances of them catching the names they want.

hope this helps

refide

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Basically the way it works is all the drop catchers have multiple registrar connections into the registry. When the drop begins the drop catchers all begin using all of their connections to try and register the domains as they drop. With every drop catcher trying to get the names at the same time there can be over 400 registrar connections all trying for the same domain so it all depends on timing. Registrar A might try a milisecond too early and registrar B ends up with the name instead. The more connections a drop catcher has the better the chances of them catching the names they want.

hope this helps

so that means any registrar not connected with the companies that we used to see snaping domains like: snapnames or enom or namejet or networksolutions or pool or ...etc can snap a domain even if it was in the droping lists of the known snaping companies?!

Rebel.com

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Any registrar can use their connection to the dropping domain pool to try and register a dropping domain however one single connection versus 400 connections virtually ensures they will not be successful. It is important to note that you would not be able to register a dropping domain by searching for it at a registrar while the drop is taking place. Dropping domains are separate from available domains and cannot be registered through a normal registrar until after the drop is over, then any names that were not caught are moved from the dropping domains pool at the registry to the 'real' pool which is what registrars query when doing an availability search.

refide

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Any registrar can use their connection to the dropping domain pool to try and register a dropping domain however one single connection versus 400 connections virtually ensures they will not be successful. It is important to note that you would not be able to register a dropping domain by searching for it at a registrar while the drop is taking place. Dropping domains are separate from available domains and cannot be registered through a normal registrar until after the drop is over, then any names that were not caught are moved from the dropping domains pool at the registry to the 'real' pool which is what registrars query when doing an availability search.

thanks alot for your time replying but can you please reply to my last inquiry:
you wrote "until after the dropping is over" so is the dropping take a time from 00.00 to 00.00 or there is an exact time like : 10:09:02 PM to the drop to happen so the milisecond is the matter or what?
&
ofcourse i know that when i try to search for a pending delete domain to register it will say to me that the domain is registered
again thanks alot for your excellent informations & your time replying me

Rebel.com

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry but i don't have the answer to your question regarding the timing of the drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators