• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed I just took the 99 dollar plunge and registered my first .pro: Guns.pro

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I appreciate all of the comments received so far on this thread. Let's keep the appraisals coming!
 
There are still quite a few .pro names that are great keywords yet available. The $99 a year is a little much, but may be worth it given the available names. I own one. I used to have a list of great names available, but misplaced it in my desk somewhere. I'm sure that most of them are taken by now. This was in the first several days of registrations for mere mortals.

There still seem to be great names available. It has to be worth buying one to put away for a few years.
 
domainah,

Thank you for your post in this thread as well as your PM! I have taken your advice and registered GunsPro.com as well.

Let's keep the appraisals coming on the following duo:

Guns.Pro
GunsPro.com

Mighty nice of "domainah".
Many people will just register GunsPro.com for themselves.

I do own .pro domain and I hope .pro value will rise.
But, ATM, I think GunsPro.com is many many times better than Guns.pro

I would start developing GunsPro.com instead of Guns.Pro :-D
 
Creature & Copper, thank you for your feedback!
 
If I decide to develop Guns.pro, I will have GunsPro.com forwarded to the site.

Also, you can sell .pro domains just like any other domain however, you can't transfer Encirca .pro's to another registry. You would just push the domain to transfer ownership.

Let's keep the appraisals coming!
 
then, is Guns.pro better than GunsPro.com? I don't think so.
 
all this talk about .pro, and the fact that i have been watching a few which have since been registered, caused me to take a swim as well.

good luck
 
I would like to thank all those who have recently placed a comment in this thread.

namewaiter, congrats on taking the .pro plunge!
 
I stepped up to the plate too -- but at $99 each, I don't feel as trigger happy
 
That's totally understandable. I am just testing the .pro waters with Guns.pro.

Let's keep the appraisals coming!
 
Hi,
personally not into these extensions, but some endusers are willing to pay for .pro
i prefer gun.pro but guess wasn't available for you.
also prob. good idea to develop before trying to sell.
incidentally, today on sedo paris.pro is listed as sold for $2,888!
that should be good news for you. obviously different kettle of fish, but hey.
cheers, Predator
:attention:
 
... incidentally, today on sedo paris.pro is listed as sold for $2,888!
That's the highest .pro sale I've heard about though I'm not surprised. .pro brings easy recognition.
 
Predator,

Thank you for your feedback and bringing the recent Paris.pro sale to this forums attention.

I attempted to register Gun.pro however EnCirca says that the domain is too short.
 
There have been a few .pro sales and it seems to be growing in popularity.

I like Guns.pro and should bring in a few dollars.

I have just three , Holland.pro , SouthAmerica.pro , NewZealand.pro .
 
I have check.pro

I was going to develop it into site that check/info about all kinds of professionals.
As in...
soccer, football, golf, tennis, doctors, carpenters, electricians...

Then, I realized it's too huge.
So, now it's on hold and have to decide which field to concentrate first :-D
 
I picked up Videos.pro a few weeks ago. I'll probably register one or two more .pro names eventually.

As for the $99/yr cost, it seems that if you register a .pro domain at Encirca for 5 years, the cost per year works out to a little over $70. Still steep but something to consider. They apparently provide a discount for multi-year registrations, according to the Domain Name Options page.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom