Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

I want a a FOR Sale forum that allows comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Please can we have a general domains for sale forum that allows comments?

If anyone doesn't want comments, then they can use the existing forums/threads

This new " comments allowed" forum may encourage sales activity

A member could pos a domain for $1000 and another member might comment " You must be dreaming"

The OP may learn that a sale is possible at the right price

"For Sale" threads of interest might be kept alive and would certainly be more entertaining than discussing American politics

This a domain name forum
Why can't we discuss a name that is for sale , if the owner allows it?

The appraisal forum/threads do not have the same power as a For Sale thread
An owner seeking an appraisal does not neccesarily want to sell
Appraisers might never ever buy anything

Please can we have a place to post a name for sale and allow comments
Please

Upvote 0

Vinternatt

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well I don't think it is a good idea because there are always lowballers who are ready to kill your inspiration and your customers' interests. There can be some serious discussions between the thread starter and those lowballers, which won't help anyone. If you are looking for comments about your domain you should check "Appraisal" section.

Last edited:
Domain Summit 2024

VirtualT

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well I don't think it is a good idea because there are always lowballers who are ready to kill your inspiration and your customers' interests. There can be some serious discussions between the thread starter and those lowballers which won't help anyone. If you are looking for comments about your domain you should check Appraisal section.

No let the market discuss and decide, i think this is a great idea especially for domains that the owner doesn't really know the value of, a lot of the time the appraisal section can be useless for lower value domains.

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not a good idea comments in sale threads...everyday I see idiots here ask stupid questions without make an offer...they ask questions only to increase the post count...why you want people chatting of nothing in sale threads?

We need LESS comments, not more...

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Great idea

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good idea. Also swearing should be allowed, i.e. someone lowballs seller would be allowed comment nything "You are a moron, go back to myspace"

tetrapak

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hehe, but please only allow exclusives to post comments, otherwise it will turn into a spam thread.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hehe, but please only allow exclusives to post comments, otherwise it will turn into a spam thread.
Exclusive Shmexclusive.
There is many morons here with "Exclusive" stamps and many smart guys with just a "Gold" stamp.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I see just two issues with such a forum.

1) The names will be CRAP. No one with a decent name of $XXXX and up would be stupid enough to allow absolute non sense or devaluation to surround a sale.

2) This type of forum would certainly lead to fighting and hurt feelings. ( We have enough of this already )

jmo

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This type of forum would certainly lead to fighting and hurt feelings. ( We have enough of this already )
Yeah ? Where ? Link.

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well I don't think it is a good idea because there are always lowballers who are ready to kill your inspiration and your customers' interests. There can be some serious discussions between the thread starter and those lowballers, which won't help anyone. If you are looking for comments about your domain you should check "Appraisal" section.

Lowballers are already welcome in the Offers forum

I do not want an "appraisal". I do not want to read an appraisal. I want to buy and sell names. Serious discusion about selling domain names should be encouraged in this forum
Currently because there is nowhere to post a name for sale and allow comments in that thread . There is a stifling silence surrounding sales, while discussion on Presidential politics in the USA proliferates in this domain name forum.

Not a good idea comments in sale threads...everyday I see idiots here ask stupid questions without make an offer...they ask questions only to increase the post count...why you want people chatting of nothing in sale threads?

We need LESS comments, not more...

Sorry Carter, There is no such thing as a stupid question.
I am not suggesting allowing comments in the current forums

1) The names will be CRAP. No one with a decent name of $XXXX and up would be stupid enough to allow absolute non sense or devaluation to surround a sale.

2) This type of forum would certainly lead to fighting and hurt feelings. ( We have enough of this already )

jmo

1) I am that stupid

2) If I have no sense, therefore I have no feelings. Fight before you buy sounds fine to me.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

jmo

why? if the name is really worth that money, then why should I care what an idiot says?

tetrapak

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Exclusive Shmexclusive.
There is many morons here with "Exclusive" stamps and many smart guys with just a "Gold" stamp.

I don't doubt that, but there are much less exclusives and their reputation is worth more than a nonsense fight (in general, there are exceptions of course).

Sonny Banks

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
On DP they have comments in sale threads :D

Nomzo

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It seems a good idea at first but what will probably happen is that people (especially new members) will start posting comments in all sales threads, regardless of which forum they are posted in.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Lowballers are already welcome in the Offers forum

I do not want an "appraisal". I do not want to read an appraisal. I want to buy and sell names. Serious discusion about selling domain names should be encouraged in this forum

If you post in the offers wanted and do not state a minimum then expect to get low-ball offers. Set a clear minimum

(domain).com is for sale - taking offers starting at $x,xxx or $2,500 etc.

If you're getting appraisals, then report the posts.

Sonny Banks

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It seems a good idea at first but what will probably happen is that people (especially new members) will start posting comments in all sales threads, regardless of which forum they are posted in.

You right.

Example I see often here:

Seller - "XXX.com for sale - Accepting offers from 2k"
Reply - "Ohhhh great domain!"

Is this constructive from a business point of view?
NO.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Seller - "XXX.com for sale - Accepting offers from 2k"
Reply - "Ohhhh great domain!"
Is this constructive from a business point of view?
NO.
And in commented thread I could come back "Wow are you such a moron or just yet another loser collecting DN$ so you can increase your net worth"

Sonny Banks

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
And in commented thread I could come back "Wow are you such a moron or just yet another loser collecting DN$ so you can increase your net worth"

LOL I will use your reply the next time a guy write comments in my sale threads.
Is time to open a new section on the forum: Insults for Lowballer Members :D

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
allowing comments in sales threads would only make those threads with the most comments stay on top of the que for that section.

now if we put in a hack, so that comments won't bump the thread....then i'm cool with that, but only for a specific area.

as i'd love to make a few comments myself ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom