Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

IE 7.0 has Arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.

touchring

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
stuff said:
That I understand, I am not that stupid.
But i simply cant see, if a guy from china wnats to type in a internet address to his address bar, he types the word in china keyboard and then has to change the keyboard language so he could end it with .com !!!!

Thats why they can´t work!!! But You know it better, so I most be stupid

There's no need to change IME to input .com, just press SHIFT, .COM in caps will come out without changing IME. This issue is irrelevant.

Domain Summit 2024

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If IDNs are/are going to be a failure people in China, Japan, Russia, Thailand, Korea, etc, wouldn't be registering them for themselves. If you look at some of the best IDNs they are taken by people in those countries.

Most of the people that are critics simply don't have IDNs, samething with .eu. It is simple to criticize the domains rather than going out and researching, registering and/org buying them for themselves.

All of this hype about IDNs and eu. I have sold over 1,000 IDNs and over 20 .eus and there are still critics. Let's all wait and see what happens.

"Everyone's a critic."

touchring

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
stuff said:
5000 uniques in month, thats Your best?

5000 a mth looks small as compared to the usual domains, but if you consider limited browser support and 99.99% of people in China did not know that IDNs exist and no one is promoting an IDN website - understandable due to browser support issue, it is a very substantial figure.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
touchring said:
There's no need to change IME to input .com, just press SHIFT, .COM in caps will come out without changing IME. This issue is irrelevant.

.net? . org? , .biz? .info? will they also come with shift?

touchring said:
5000 a mth looks small as compared to the usual domains, but if you consider limited browser support and 99.99% of people in China did not know that IDNs exist and no one is promoting an IDN website - understandable due to browser support issue, it is a very substantial figure.

That You have been saying for more then a year or even more now. And still nothing
If now IE 7 also fails, will You give up?

I agree, that german, french and maybe some other language idn-s work, nothing against that. But there are the special char in keyboard.

puxa2

puxa2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I usually just copy/paste addresses

touchring

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
stuff said:
.net? . org? , .biz? .info? will they also come with shift?

A-Z Caps can be entered using "Chinese Quanpin IME". That includes .COM, .NET, .BIZ, .INFO. There's no need to switch to English mode.

For Firefox, .com (in small caps) can be entered even in Chinese IME. I've not tried IE7, so i'm not sure if the same applies.

Besides, China has it's own range of Chinese TLDs, .中国, .公司, and .网络.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
godfrey90sf said:
All of this hype about IDNs and eu. I have sold over 1,000 IDNs and over 20 .eus and there are still critics. Let's all wait and see what happens.

"Everyone's a critic."

Looks like You are doing very well.
Mind sharing how much for are You selling them? I have been in biz for more then 5 years, and sold over 650 now. In beginning I sold for very cheap.

touchring said:
A-Z Caps can be entered using "Chinese Quanpin IME". That includes .COM, .NET, .BIZ, .INFO. There's no need to switch to English mode.

For Firefox, .com (in small caps) can be entered even in Chinese IME. I've not tried IE7, so i'm not sure if the same applies.

Come on, I don`t know that, usual user dosen`t know even alt-F4, so what are we talking about here

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
stuff said:
Looks like You are doing very well.
Mind sharing how much for are You selling them? I have been in biz for more then 5 years, and sold over 650 now.

I do not mind sharing at all. That is for a different time, different place. Please PM me or email me and we can talk.

You are in the business of IDNs and yet you are criticizing them?

touchring

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
stuff said:
Come on, I don`t know that, usual user dosen`t know even alt-F4, so what are we talking about here

I'm not talking about alt keys, i'm talking about entering .com in caps. Anyway, Chinese text is full of english alphabets, people are used to switching modes all the time and it's as natural as using the ENTER key.

The issues you brought up, we have considered them a long time ago.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
godfrey90sf said:
I do not mind sharing at all. That is for a different time, different place. Please PM me or email me and we can talk.

You are in the business of IDNs and yet you are criticizing them?

I was talking about domains in general.
I don´t have IDN-s

touchring said:
I'm not talking about alt keys, i'm talking about entering .com in caps. Anyway, Chinese text is full of english alphabets, people are used to switching modes all the time and it's as natural as using the ENTER key.

Then its all ok. Never seen such keyboard

puxa2

puxa2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
touchring said:

Must of or how else would you have navigated via written url on the internet with urls in ascii for many years.

Overture also suggests some type-in activity.

touchring

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Actually, the issue about IDNs is not whether it will work, but rather how far will it go, and how long it will take to achieve widespread popularity.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DomainNames said:
I usually just copy/paste addresses

Yes but how can You then type-in adresses?

touchring

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DomainNames said:
Must of or how else would you have navigated on the internet with urlsin ascii for many years.

Yes, definitely, but there's an added advantage of using native keyword domains - it's called SEO. Domains with keyword in them rank higher on search engines, especially so when anchor text of links bear the keyword.

This is an extremely important factor, many actually missed out.

puxa2

puxa2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
stuff said:
Yes but how can You then type-in adresses?

As previously described.

Either way, traffic is traffic, and that is what is key.

touchring said:
Yes, definitely, but there's an added advantage of using native keyword domains - it's called SEO. Domains with keyword in them rank higher on search engines, especially so when anchor text of links bear the keyword.

This is an extremely important factor, many actually missed out.

Google is not going to let any dramatic seo IDN url benefit influence results for long imo so I wouldn't bank on that. Quality content is what the se's want and need to deliver. Though a keyword domain is always great in all aspects imo.

touchring

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i copy and paste for other languages, for chinese, i just type in using Quanpin IME and end it with the .COM in caps by holding the right SHIFT key using my right little finger - it has become a habit.

puxa2

puxa2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
that's really the whole story imo - .com is a habit for many and whether it is typed-in or copied in - its become a symbol for the internet website, not just an english ascii word/abbrv. for commercial extension imo

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
To spice this up a bit, I just got my first call this second from Iceland to buy an Iclandic IDN.

Yipppeee! for IDN's!

-=DCG=-

acesfull

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Seems stuff just wants IDNs to be a failure - otherwise he will soon realize that he may have missed out on the last big opportunity of his lifetime, and it went by him, right under his nose.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DotComGod said:
To spice this up a bit, I just got my first call this second from Iceland to buy an Iclandic IDN.

Yipppeee! for IDN's!

-=DCG=-

I have also received multiple emails this morning about IDNs that I own.

LET THE SALES BEGIN....OR CONTINUE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom