• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed is this even brandable? - viruz.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AHKIPSLIPKNOT666

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2005
Messages
350
Reaction score
0
Just got it from someone else. I like the name myself, what do ya think?
 
great name if developed
 
I'd say yes it's brandable. Short and a good play on the word 'virus'.
 
its brandable and only 5 letters. good name to develop.
 
To tell you the truth...for me it´s more brandable than virus.com....

Very nice domain. I like those kind of domains.

Yez.com has been sold for 14k I think...
 
nice catch ! Very brandable name . You are lucky guy .
 
can anyone tell me the ballpark figure for this name?
Congrats on the catch! It is a short and brandable domain. You should be able to sell it to an end-user for low to mid $xx,xxx. Low 5 figures NOW; mid 5 fig FUTURE value. Good luck!
 
Congrats on the catch! It is a short and brandable domain. You should be able to sell it to an end-user for low to mid $xx,xxx. Low 5 figures NOW; mid 5 fig FUTURE value. Good luck!

OMG are you serious?
 
$400 top money before development.
 
for now id say low $x,xxx. develop it for sure ;)
 
Well, I didn't mean to do that! In fact, there are plenty of plurals/singulars left for which you can substitute 'z' for 's'. Mind you, yours is good, but I think you have to be realistic :)
 
Maybe I should modify my previous post:

"You should try to sell it to an end-user for..."

"You should be able to..." sounds as if it would be easy to get that price. It is rather difficult AND you need to be lucky.

OMG are you serious?
I am serious, because I have actually sold two similar domains within that price range. Only one of them was a traffic domain. But, as said, you can only get such a high price if selling to the very right end-user, which, I must admit, does not happen too often. Anyway, this is a great domain for development and the value is there. Assuming you do not find an end-user with deep pockets and the intention to develop the domain into a commercial website, you should still not sell it for less than $x,xxx.

I stand by this.
 
Ok, So Im not sure about this name. There has to be somone somewhere using this name for business. I know for a fact there is an afterhours nightclub here in Hawaii using the name VIRUZ since about 5 years ago. I doubt they TM it, since it is Hawaii lol. That said, I think the value is at least 1000, have you tried looking for domains that use a z at the end, the good ones are far and few between. I know some people think its easy to come up with one, but not one this good.
 
dodo1, i trust your judgement..the only thing is i have never have anything worth more than 1k...it is really a suprise for me :D. Thx for your advice
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom