Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed Its all about the plurals!>!>!

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ciqala

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ok i have my eye on a domain...

it is a short two-word .com and it ends in audios

someone owns the xxxxxaudio.com version (xxxx denotes another word not pron)

in the case of music would you say that when surfing you are looking for the singular or the plural?

I personally think audios is better than audio but having made some bad purrchases recently i am trying to excercise a little caution...

what do you all say (taking into account you cant say for sure when you dont know the first word)

Ciq...

Domain summit 2024

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ciq, try these two options:

Go to Google and type in the words with double quotes, for example "car audio" and check the results, and then "car audios" and check these. This will give a good indication of the popularity of each phrase.

Then go to Google's old Adwords site:
https://adwords.google.com/AdWords/Welcome.html
- click on 'create and preview ads'
- then next page click 'continue'
- in the exact phrase match box, type for example, car audio on one line, and car audios on the next line, and the results will show how often the term is searched for on Google each day/week/month.

From this analysis you should be able to work out whether you want to reg that name that ends in audios.

Lats

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You could also go to http://www.domainsurfer.com and enter audio.com and the results will show 7,565 against 67 for audios.

I've never heard of xxxxaudios myself.

Lats...

Ciqala

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
thanks for the advice you two.

Lats i wasnt saying that is the actual domain the xxxx was just to show there is a word before it.

still undecided...

but thanks for the help anyways

Ciq :D

Ciqala

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
the domain (still without hopefully giving away too much) is more descriptive like freshaudios.com or newaudios.com in this instance audio wouldnt work as well (imo)

an "audio" isn't a discrete product - so having a plural of it as "audios" doesn't really make sense in english. you have "audio files", and you can have a "bank of audio" or a "disk full of audio" - but nothing with "audios" in it makes sense.

Ciqala

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
lol i think i should have paid more attention in english... what your saying sounds right now

but if i explain i'm from essex safesys that should explain it all...

lol

Ciq

Lats

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ciqala
Lats i wasnt saying that is the actual domain the xxxx was just to show there is a word before it.
I was using that as an example as well.

Lats...

mikess

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Fizz and Everyone,

Do you know how to get to the google adwords tool now? The links to the prvious instructions do not seem like they are on the page anymore?

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
GeorgeK, many thanks for the new link: mikess I too was wondering how to access Google again, so thanks for asking the question :)

Syd

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Adwords certainly is a useful tool that I was previously unaware of ~ cheers:) I did a few searches corresponding with names that I have & was surprised to see that "Danes" (I have the .co.uk) is estimated to receive 24,800 impressions per week ~ I have had an offer on the name & now it's just a matter of interpreting whether that has much impact on the value!

mikess

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi GeorgeK,

Do you know what the new url is again. It seems like they changed it again. Why does this happen. Can you also tell me how the googles search results works. For example if I type in "cars.com" and get a count of 8,000 searches. Is that per month, day or what. Also do you use some type of formula to calculate the amount of typein traffic it will get in general. I have experience with the overture tool but not this one. You can pm me if you like. Please let me know. Thanks.

greggish

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
****audios.com (plural) just doesn't sound right. You might want to try for a domain like ****sounds.com. "Sounds" works alot better as a plural domain. I happen to own MetroSounds.com

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know whether the old Google Adwords tool is still available somewhere, or has it been phased out and replaced with the new one?...which isn't as informative as before :sad:

options

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by fizz
- in the exact phrase match box, type for example, car audio on one line, and car audios on the next line, and the results will show how often the term is searched for on Google each day/week/month.

I am not sure about the old site, if any, but I doubt there was a big difference.
Google Adwords does not show how often the term is searched on Google site.
Adwords is a commercial program, a bit weird PPC and the results
are the clicks to ADVERTISING links on Google, those green ones.
Thus estimation of clicks, not impressions/searches.
It is a valuable tool, but hard to translate into actual searches.

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks options. The old Adwords site was great as it gave a double-check of the Overture results, and in some ways was much better as it differentiated between singular and plural words/phrases.

options

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think Wordtracker.com is by far the best.
Unfortunately too expensive for research purpose only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators