Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

I've Been Exposed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
California.exposed
Korea.exposed
LosAngeles.exposed
NewYorkCity.exposed
OnlinePoker.exposed
Rome.exposed

manyagem

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Someone needs to start a .bankrupt extension. I'd do it myself, but to raise the necessary $185,000, my own company would be first casualty.

icedude

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah, exposed to THC.... Put the Black Card away.... :)

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
less than 800 ".exposed" domains registered..pretty poor but the extension makes has little application.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
wow, how about that...

so you can't see a travel site related to NewYorkCity.exposed, Korea.exposed?

Or a site that advocates and warns users of Online Poker scams, rate the sites, etc?

etc.???

It does amaze me and bewilder me that every single person here owns nothing but high value domains and that those same people are fighting off the herds of buyers and end-users.

So, no one regs anything anymore?

If you can not see yourself as the end user, or have no capability to create sites, have no visual sensibilities, have not done proper research going into the market, then I do with absolute 100% certainty recommend do not dabble in new extensions.

The extension was just released yesterday. The site LasVegas.exposed is already live.

Give me time to get these sites built, monitized, and optimized.

In the meantime since I am too busy to build sites...I am not going to let prime geo's and keywords like this slip by and later wish I had gotten in on the ground floor.

And if you can not spend $29 bucks for Korea or $49 bucks for NewYorkCity, it is best to sit this one out.

In the meantime, I will be keeping and selling my .com, .nets, .orgs and anything else that interests people (yes, even those damned dot mobee's) and (with permission of the buyer) I will continue to post and submit these sales to DNJournal.

ROCK ON, domainers...Rock on!

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am just saying judging by other tld release numbers, its pretty poor. as a travel site? i guess but mostly i just see it as some kind of scam warning thing.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
also, I find it extremely odd that the numbers for .club ownership has skyrocketed since the announcement of 50cent using it. 100% undoubtedly driven up by domainers and speculators.

So all it takes is someone famous to use something and suddenly the flood of regs begins. Do you think those are end users getting of the fittycent wagon?

Suddenly I am seeing the "naysayers" on this very forum posting (late after the release) their .club domains. And I am also damned sure there are many on this forum who absolutely will not post their new TLD regs.

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
also, I find it extremely odd that the numbers for .club ownership has skyrocketed since the announcement of 50cent using it. 100% undoubtedly driven up by domainers and speculators.

So all it takes is someone famous to use something and suddenly the flood of regs begins. Do you think those are end users getting of the fittycent wagon?

Suddenly I am seeing the "naysayers" on this very forum posting (late after the release) their .club domains. And I am also damned sure there are many on this forum who absolutely will not post their new TLD regs.
If they are swayed by any kind of promo, they are fools. i don't get the popularity of .club. They have marketed it more than other extensions have but as someone who buys domains to sell, not develop, clubs are not interested in plunking down any kind of considerable cash for domain names. they could care less for the most part. i own like 5 domains in various new gtlds. its a gamble. i lost way more money with the mobi incident so whatever. however when evaluating these domains, in my opinion you can't look at them as keyword extension as the extension is also a keyword now too. so while you say you would pay $29 for korea in heartbeat, you are really paying $29 for "korea exposed".

as for the first day numbers, most of the new gtlds have beat 1k easily on the first day. unless they are just losing steam now beside the odd flop they were getting 3k or more typically on day 1.

edi: i just read .best only got 79 regs on its first day..wow. i think that is a record for the worst 1st day for a new gtld release.

Last edited:

icedude

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's not being "swayed" by any promo, it is opening up your eyes... The only way for a new gtld to be successful would be for end users(not just buyers, but end users in general, the consumers) to be aware of it. If no one is aware of a product then there is no market for it and you have no product. This first batch has fallen and the clear winner here will be .club in the end. There will be a few successful gtld's, no doubt. I was hanging out with a few friends the other day, "Tech guys," but not domainers.. And, the only new gtld they know of is .club and then light bulb went off in my head.

This extension will catch on with so many cultures. You have the fraternities and sororities, night-life scene, niche clubs, etc... etc...

My plan is to get several of them and dev them out big time. Not going to get lost in the sauce though, because I never lost a penny domaining and plan on keeping it that way. I will continue to buy domains for less than $20 and sell for $x,xxx++ and dump what I can't sell, at cost. :)

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry, you can accuse me of lacking vision if you wish, but I just don't see it.

.club has some mojo, it will be ok

.exposed, however, is going to be a loser. With all of the options out there now, why would anybody find that exciting?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
News Flash!!

pedophiles.exposed

now available to register

:)

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
seriously...now I see the "support" for club well after the fact and all the "naysayers" and "I'll never buy so and so" suddenly change gears???

The duplicity I see in so many people.

It is still perhaps 90% domainer driven which means shit will be regged, such as biggies pedophiles.club, and the person regging it won't even give second thought to what the hell they just regged but regged it only because it was available and has xx,xxx monthly searches on Google.

Seriously...that is what drives this machine.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You can register boobs.exposed for $529 - hurry!
Just raise the price a little more and you can package it with a breast augmentation :)

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Not sure which one is worse, .exposed or .club.

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Take off your domainer hat and put on your human being hat.

If you are looking for a domain for a night club, glee club, golf club, wives club, record club, billy club, dog club, millionaires club, etc, then .club is a reasonable extension to choose. Time will tell if it sticks, but at least there is real potential.

If you are looking for boobs or pedophiles, then .exposed is perfect. If you are looking for a travel site, not so much. Maybe a scam site, but honestly how many of those are worthwhile to develop? It just feels too limiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom