Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

I've Been Exposed

Status
Not open for further replies.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Take off your domainer hat and put on your human being hat.

I agree with you about mostly everything you have to say about this gTLD, it's not the cream of the crop so to speak, but it can have many more uses than just what you gave.

Search Amazon books for "exposed" and see all the keywords that come up (~1000+ results, a lot of repeating and already taken). I did however find Algebra.Exposed available.
http://www.amazon.com/Hot-Algebra-E...=UTF8&qid=1400862960&sr=1-93&keywords=exposed

Exposed doesn't necessarily have to be about sex, etc. It's exposing other people to realms that they may not be aware of. There is even Canada Exposed on Amazon, which is taken. It's about the Canadian culture, economics, politics, history and sociology. I can't see why geo.Exposed couldn't be used for a tourist site, for those looking for more than what beholds the eye (the people who want to think outside the box and not tour with the rest... looking for those secluded places only locals know about, etc.).

Additionally, it's a synonym for unconcealed. JackGordon.Exposed is available and could be the title of your biography/autobiography if you wanna just let it all out there one day.

Only time will tell which ones do succeed though, but don't have so much tunnel vision on one gTLD compared to the next. The real winners will have a pocket of well diversified gTLD's that they've held on to for years. There is potential with every one of them, but the consumers haven't set the benchmarks for which ones as of yet, so it is a risk. However, it's one I'm willing to take for hopefully a long term capital gain.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Seriously??? That is the best you can do in support of .club?
And all this support is (surprise) post fittycent?

So, I am now witnessing the naysayers of .mobi suddenly coming out swinging in support of .club simply because a celeb is using it?

Other than he, you willing to bet that 90%+ (I venture to say 95%-98%) of the regs are purely domainers (not human hats) jumping on the bandwagon with the notion that it is a guaranteed success because of one celeb's usage. And that is success?

That same 95-98 percentile of .club domains will never see the light of end user usage. None.

You are measuring the "real potential" based on one celeb's usage...that is a shallow, hollow, short lived, and very near sighted.

Those same arguments used (and vocally discounted) about bmw.mobi, nba.mobi, bofa.mobi - those same arguments about global brand usage are suddenly and totally discounted on this very same forum even though there was global brands using them?

I am beginning to see clearly now. It is not a matter of which hat is on. It is a matter of which side of the argument you are on.

I am supremely comfortable and confident of my selections because they are not based on a domainer's foil hat but rather based on an end user's vision and purpose.

This is beginning to read quite humorous.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
News Flash!!

pedophiles.exposed

now available to register

:)
Looks like someone grabbed it up. Pedophile.pics is available and would be a nice site to dev out with Google Maps marking all the sex offenders with thumbtacks and when you click on them, their address and picture pops up. Keep your kids safe. :)

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Looks like someone grabbed it up. Pedophile.pics is available and would be a nice site to dev out with Google Maps marking all the sex offenders with thumbtacks and when you click on them, their address and picture pops up. Keep your kids safe. :)
Not surprising since it was posted on a domain forum...who are we kidding when looking at all domains - regardless of extension.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not surprising since it was posted on a domain forum...who are we kidding when looking at all domains - regardless of extension.
Just testing the theory of domainers to see if they will register pedophiles.pics after given an end user development idea for that keyword/gTLD. It fits perfectly for the entire US or even a small town. Nothing to profit off of, but it could potentially be lucrative selling ebooks/books on how to protect your children when they're alone. Time stamped and we'll see if that one goes.

People really just need to think outside the box for a moment before they get lost in the sauce.

Nice one though, Korea.

Let's take it a step further. List building with pedophiles.pics. Parent enters name/zip code and miles of notification. They're added to a list to be sent notifications when a registered sex offender moves in within X miles of them. You already know that they have children, promote other stuff as well. Gaw'd damn, lot's of potential, but no time to develop. Just buy, buy, buy, then when every string has been released and I've got my picks, go down the list and start developing them out and ranking them.

Last edited:

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
an idea, can be taken from anywhere.....

and more than likely, it was not, from where you thought it came.

imo...

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
an idea, can be taken from anywhere.....

and more than likely, it was not, from where you thought it came.

imo...
Was that intended on being philosophical? o_O

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You are measuring the "real potential" based on one celeb's usage...that is a shallow, hollow, short lived, and very near sighted.

I am doing no such thing. I think I laid out my argument very rationally for why I believe .club has more chance of success than .exposed.

You, however, seem to be very agitated on the subject. Post-registration regret, maybe? Who among us hasn't experienced those feelings...

Exposed doesn't necessarily have to be about sex, etc. It's exposing other people to realms that they may not be aware of. There is even Canada Exposed on Amazon, which is taken. It's about the Canadian culture, economics, politics, history and sociology. I can't see why geo.Exposed couldn't be used for a tourist site, for those looking for more than what beholds the eye (the people who want to think outside the box and not tour with the rest... looking for those secluded places only locals know about, etc.).

I hear you, but I just don't see it. With so many more intuitive options available now (or in the near future), those are no better than any random brandable, imo.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Jack, you seem to be getting on the .club bandwagon and it is difficult to believe your words.

To say that one will do better than the other...was that even the point? or the argument I was making?

Agitated? Yes, quite agitated how many of the members on this forum seem quite two faced regarding the same subject...new TLD's.

From one who seemed to have been totally opposed to the entire notion of even the thought of it to now being one to support one over the other.

You are either for them or against them? So far, adamantly against them. That is why your argument has far from been "rationally" laid out.

Exactly how difficult is it to say one will do better than the other?

Post registration regret? Dude, are you actually on the same forum as I?

There is no post registration regret. Especially when I am a proponent of an extension even before it is released. Thus the pre-regs.

The post registration regret will be the thousands of domainers who came out en masse to reg .club simply based on one person's usage of a new extension. I wonder how many thousands have been regged in the names of other celebrities, other bands, other acts and those same domainers are tripping over themselves trying to sell those same names to their namesakes all the while promoting the virtues of owning their own name as a .club.

I make no bones about it...I am not regging for the sole purpose of sales but regging based on myself being the end-user and most are pre-regs. Based on that, how can there possibly be post-reg regret?

I am not asking you to like .exposed.

I am posting which .exposed I pre-regged and managed to snag.

A simply enough posting that suddenly has turned into a "why did you do that?" thread. And now you and others are trying to convince me I would have been better off regging a .club that (egad) I had no interest in.

Good luck with your rationale thought processes...

JB Lions

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Seriously??? That is the best you can do in support of .club?
And all this support is (surprise) post fittycent?

So, I am now witnessing the naysayers of .mobi suddenly coming out swinging in support of .club simply because a celeb is using it?

Other than he, you willing to bet that 90%+ (I venture to say 95%-98%) of the regs are purely domainers (not human hats) jumping on the bandwagon with the notion that it is a guaranteed success because of one celeb's usage. And that is success?

That same 95-98 percentile of .club domains will never see the light of end user usage. None.

Those same arguments used (and vocally discounted) about bmw.mobi, nba.mobi, bofa.mobi - those same arguments about global brand usage are suddenly and totally discounted on this very same forum even though there was global brands using them?

I am beginning to see clearly now. It is not a matter of which hat is on. It is a matter of which side of the argument you are on.

I am supremely comfortable and confident of my selections because they are not based on a domainer's foil hat but rather based on an end user's vision and purpose.

This is beginning to read quite humorous.

He's not really using it. It's just a 1 page lander, that's it. There is already 50cent.com and thisis50.com, his main fan site. It looks like he got paid, showed up for 90 minutes and went home. Check his Twitter - https://twitter.com/50cent

No mention of it. If fact, if you check today's and yesterday's tweets, links to 50cent.com, his YouTube and Instagram accounts. Looks like a quick and easy payday for him. Reading the blogs, people were making it out like this was going to be his main site for fans or something, when one already exists. People where thinking, he'll tweet it, must be many club owners following him, they then will buy some .club. No mentions on his Twitter account tho.

Also, besides .exposed being a poor/poor selling extension:

California.exposed
Korea.exposed
LosAngeles.exposed
NewYorkCity.exposed
OnlinePoker.exposed
Rome.exposed

Out of those 6, 4 of them are available right now in .com for reg fee. What's that tell you? There is no interest in them. Still don't understand people registering names like that.

Last edited:

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Out of those 6, 4 of them are available right now in .com for reg fee. What's that tell you? There is no interest in them. Still don't understand people registering names like that.
Aside from the fact that there does not need to be a huge following of the extension for me to make some personal, useful sites...You're right. The .com kills the impact of the name.

JB Lions

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Speaking of 50 cent and .club, did you catch the video? -

50 said: 50 in da .com club

Last edited:

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Fiddy get it right...eventually.

Even the promoters were stumbling over their own words.

As an aside, I have loaded up some landing pages for NewYorkCity.exposed and LosAngeles.exposed.

The plan is to have these sites "expose" all the places that the locals dine, play, party, and shop.

If you want to know the best spots, just go where the locals go, hang out, eat, dance, etc.

Angela St. Julien

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I hadn't thought of Satire!! That might be better. Definitely more fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom