Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

I've Been Exposed

Status
Not open for further replies.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I hadn't thought of Satire!! That might be better. Definitely more fun.
With real news, you would have to be niche specific. I don't think a (R) would visit a site that exposes (R)'s, rather (D) only and vice versa. You won't see a true right sit down and listen to one minute of Pierce Morgan (before he got canned) without wanting to take a lethal dose of cyanide, nor would one go to the site merely to read news, but to troll articles.

With satire, you could make fun of the left and right, getting the attention of both audiences. In addition to this, there would be much more social engagement if done correctly as people don't know what "news" is these days. I see a lot of DuffelBlog posts on my feed as I have a lot of Marine friends. They share it as if it were gospel. Some buy it, then finally realize it's satire, but by then it's too late. DB has already captivated the audience and people who know it's fake, go back for more and still share it because of the humor.

Let's face it though. We're not called Jarhead's because we've got a Mensa level IQ. With that being said, I have to give credit to those Marines that are smart, stay in and do their job well. To others who got out and pursued higher goals, John Glenn being a perfect example, props. So we're not all dumb. ;)

And there is a domaining blog on here that I questioned my first few visits. As did others, which creates attention. So, it's in my opinion a satire blog may work out the best to monetize. It would also be funner to operate, unless you were seriously devoted to a topic or cause. Either way though, you could still promote your cause and it be viewed by a lot more people than what I would call a micro-niche compared to satire news.

Good luck developing it and good catch. :)

Angela St. Julien

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
With real news, you would have to be niche specific. I don't think a (R) would visit a site that exposes (R)'s, rather (D) only and vice versa. You won't see a true right sit down and listen to one minute of Pierce Morgan (before he got canned) without wanting to take a lethal dose of cyanide, nor would one go to the site merely to read news, but to troll articles.

With satire, you could make fun of the left and right, getting the attention of both audiences. In addition to this, there would be much more social engagement if done correctly as people don't know what "news" is these days. I see a lot of DuffelBlog posts on my feed as I have a lot of Marine friends. They share it as if it were gospel. Some buy it, then finally realize it's satire, but by then it's too late. DB has already captivated the audience and people who know it's fake, go back for more and still share it because of the humor.

Let's face it though. We're not called Jarhead's because we've got a Mensa level IQ. With that being said, I have to give credit to those Marines that are smart, stay in and do their job well. To others who got out and pursued higher goals, John Glenn being a perfect example, props. So we're not all dumb. ;)

And there is a domaining blog on here that I questioned my first few visits. As did others, which creates attention. So, it's in my opinion a satire blog may work out the best to monetize. It would also be funner to operate, unless you were seriously devoted to a topic or cause. Either way though, you could still promote your cause and it be viewed by a lot more people than what I would call a micro-niche compared to satire news.

Good luck developing it and good catch. :)

Thanks David! I think the satire approach has massive appeal where as the actual news approach could fall flat. We've got enough media coverage being shoved down our throats. We need levity to help us digest all that we're facing right now! So with that being said... Who want's to partner up? I'd like to get this up in running by the time all the 2016 Presidential Candidates declare. We don't want to leave any money on the table here. ;)

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good luck finding a partner. All you got is a name and an idea. That's not enough leverage for some people. Partners want dinero and can't wait till 2016 because the risk is too high for that type of reward. Though, feel free to post a thread seeking a 'joint venture'. Nobody in their right mind will. You have two years to come up with some capital and then you'll be set.

whatever.guru

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks David! I think the satire approach has massive appeal where as the actual news approach could fall flat. We've got enough media coverage being shoved down our throats. We need levity to help us digest all that we're facing right now! So with that being said... Who want's to partner up? I'd like to get this up in running by the time all the 2016 Presidential Candidates declare. We don't want to leave any money on the table here. ;)

I have no personal use (since it may not be my business after all), at the moment, for president.exposed, and would love to see something developed in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom