Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

I've got a .net that is the same as a tv companies .com

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainPairs

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
My .net is the same as the .com of their broadcasting name. They own the .com and have a well developed site there. I registered the name for a legitimate adult(ish) reason without knowing about their company as it's in a different continent from me. I only realised what I have got when I started to get about 30 to 40 emails per day which are apparently for them. I would like to develop this site a bit as it is a good name for my purpose.

What's the best thing to do, I was thinking of doing the following.

Forward all emails to the .com

Include an intro page which explains that it is not the site of the tv company, but is an adult site.

Is this sufficient?

WildCard

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You were getting 30-40 emails a day on your .net for a domain that is a .com? That's unusual. I would expect the opposite, usually.

-WC-

DomainPairs

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I expect I would lose some of mine if I started to push the site.

30/40 may not be many for them . Imagine how many emails to bbc.com get misrouted. In fact I'm grateful to you wildcard because I just checked to see what the bbc own and they have got bbc.com bbctv.com bbctv.net but not bbc.net, so there may be a precedent. In my case the 3 char word is a dictionary word and the tv co don't have either of them, all they have is xxxtv.com, I've got the xxxtv.net.

Even more interesting - looks as if they've got financial probs. I've had all their mail on deny receipt for a few months, so maybe I ought to get some idea of volume as it is now.

Donna Mahony

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you are getting misdirected email, forward it to them, they may offer to buy it to get the mail. On the other hand, it seems more likely that they previously owned it and dropped it.

DomainPairs

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
That's good advice and what I was thinking of doing.

It looks as if there might be some problems there at the moment. so I might just wait and see if I can get the .com instead.

TrafficMonsterRRR

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
aRE you sure you are not geting the emails from the previous site ownership, all their personnel and fan following?

DomainPairs

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I don't know as I haven't read them - they are not in english and I got rid of them as soon as possible as they seem to have attachments (quotes, invoices and pictures I think).

I did get a lot of mail there from companies trying to sell Mac computers though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators